Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

Hello everyone,

Below are some pictures of the complete new Diamond DA20-100 add-on for FSX which will be published by Aerosoft. The project is still under development and I will show you more details gradually.

Beside high-end modeling, texturing and extensive animations, the 'Katana' will feature authentic systems simulation and maintenance options. And of course realistic flight modeling by Alexander Metzger.

MF_DA20_100520_0007_prev.jpg

MF_DA20_100520_0005_prev.jpg

MF_DA20_100520_0008_prev.jpg

MF_DA20_100520_0001_prev.jpg

• Upvote 7

Lovely looking work there!

It looks like a 3D representation of the FS standard GPS... any plans on a RealAir type mod for the RXP GNS430/530s?

Just a question... would be a great addition, given that I guess quite a few people use these things now...

Andrew

These images are looking awsome :)

I'm looking foward to this, because I fly them in reality...

But I think the GPS could be an advanced one, not the standart one.

That would be great B)

I'm in. One of my favourite aircraft, modelled in a realistic way, published through Aerosoft. Swweeeeet!

Any chance you might also do the Continental powered current production DA-20C1 Eclipse? Perfect combination as a two-fer, which would be a gap-closer in the market..! :lol::lol::lol:

But I think the GPS could be an advanced one, not the standart one.

That would be very nice indeed. But a GPS is a very complex system which would mean a lot of work and higher costs... as mentioned: It is planned to give you the option to use the GNS 530 from RXP. ;)

Any chance you might also do the Continental powered current production DA-20C1 Eclipse?

Yes! The Eclipse will be released some time after the Katana.

That would be very nice indeed. But a GPS is a very complex system which would mean a lot of work and higher costs... as mentioned: It is planned to give you the option to use the GNS 530 from RXP. ;)

Excellent! And there's at least one sound package developer who will want to kiss your feet...

• Upvote 2

Guest Redhawk

:lol::rolleyes:

Great to see that, she looks excellent so far, appreciate, do own the FS 2004 version that was already marvellous.

oh fantastic, I'll be learning to fly in a C-1 Eclipse and I've done 1 or 2 hours in it and it is just so good to fly and the feeling is great so very good news :D

Wow! It looks awesome!

I was thinking about buying the other Diamond DA20 Katana. Will the new one replace this one or is it just a different version?

Wow! It looks awesome!

I was thinking about buying the other Diamond DA20 Katana. Will the new one replace this one or is it just a different version?

It is a complete new add-on and it is on a much higher level - optically and functional. It will be more challenging: The Katana may be a "simple" aircraft but its system simulation even goes a step further than the Dornier 27...

Damn! I just bought the DA aviation Katana a couple weeks ago! It's a great airplane, trust me, but this one appears to be even more sophisticated, and judging by those screenshots, it's going to look even better! Please :/ Pleeeeease tell me there will be a discount... Aaaaah pleeaaase tell me there will be a discount, otherwise I will rip my hair out because of my utterly bad timing :P Really, I "juuuust" bought the old version :-| Makes me angry about myself, I shouldn't have given in to the temptation... :P

Alexander Metzger is a former member of Digital Aviation though, isn't he? Maybe this makes a discount more probable... Please? ;)

btw... Those screenshots? Just fantasic, Aerosoft impresses me over and over again with all the great work their developers get done! Keep it up!

It is a complete new add-on and it is on a much higher level - optically and functional. It will be more challenging: The Katana may be a "simple" aircraft but its system simulation even goes a step further than the Dornier 27...

Thanks, I can't wait!

I just bought the DA aviation Katana a couple weeks ago! ... Pleeeeease tell me there will be a discount...

I am still discussing this matter with Aerosft so I can't answer your question about 'discount' yet. But please keep in mind that this Katana is a whole new Product I put a lot of work in. ;)

• Upvote 2

Im owner of Katana from Aerosoft for FS2004, after bought update for FSX so Id like to have discount for this new version of DA20 ;)

It will be native version of model?

• Upvote 1

Yoyo, what do you mean with 'native version of model'?

There is nothing used from the "old" Katana. Perhabs I can use some drawings and articles from the former user manual - everything else I made new from scratch.

But please keep in mind that this Katana is a whole new Product I put a lot of work in. ;)

Understandable, of course! Thank you anyways for putting the issue up with Aerosoft.

Another thing: I only own the RXP GNS 430, not the larger 530. In case you figure out a way to easily include the GNS 530 in cooperation with RXP, it would be nice to also have an option to use the 430, like in the configurator of Realair for the Beech Duke, which lets you choose between several different Layouts, like 530+430, 530 only, 430 only etc. Realair did a very good job on that.

Just leaving my thoughts here, what you do is of course absolutely up to you, not trying to force you to anything ;)

it would be nice to also have an option to use the 430

I understand your point. But the 430 has different dimensions. I would have to rearrange the radio stack. Also two options could be changed easily in FSX, three variants mean trouble. ;-) I will think about that but right now it is very likely to inlcude only the GNS 530 and the FSX GPS options.