What is going on developers?

Pltskiracer

Why are most of the new aircraft simulations targeted the light/medium market??? I am sick and tired of seeing nice fancy exterier models/VC's and bautiful pictures and great websites. Are the developers getting greedy and lazy?? Is it just too much work too create a complex simulation?? Limited LNAV,VNAV,FMC etz what a joke............its the brain and the heart of the airplane and should be modelled accordingly. What is going on developers???? VNAV and LNAV is used all the time in real life. Its the most efficient way of operating an aircraft. So why not modell it properly?? It is not difficult to learn and manage, and I really dont understand why the developers think its for advanced users only. Again, i think the developers are getting lazy and avoiding the complicated/realistic path. Its a shame really, because im getting tired of the Maddog MD82 and the PMDG MD11 (The only realistic products out there).

• Upvote 1

Why are most of the new aircraft simulations targeted the light/medium market???

Because a lot of people are tired of spending 20 minutes before they can take off :-).

Again, i think the developers are getting lazy and avoiding the complicated/realistic path.

This sentence shows you don't have a clue about development. Even a "not so complex" plane (I put it in parenthesis cos it is more complex then people assume) takes a lot of effort and hard work... So coming in here and making these accusations is offensive. You can disagree with the choice Aerosoft makes and decide not to spend any money, you can wait for the more advanced version, but it looks a bit childish to write this comment because Aerosoft doesn't cater to your direct needs.

• Upvote 5

There are lots of realistic addons. and if your going to whine about it, you can develop your own aircraft. planes are developed so they will be profitable, and attract customers. and a majority of customers are not into studying manuals for hours, and checking every circuit breaker and test switch in order to get off the ground. most of this was explained in the Airbus X thread, as it was a pretty large issue. and it was said there would be a later service pack with your beloved systems coming out. as for other planes with advanced systems, here is a list

PMDG 747 X/ JS4100

Level D 767

Captain Sim 757/767/727

Digital Aviation F100

Majestic Simulations Dash 8

Simcheck A300

Wilco Airbus vol 1/2, 777, ERJ 145, 737PIC, E170/190

those are all pretty much considered advanced products all off the top of my head. if your looking for even more advanced than that, i really cannot say.

the developers arn't lazy, they are just trying to make what the majority will buy. in the end money is what its all about.

• Upvote 3

Again, i think the developers are getting lazy and avoiding the complicated/realistic path. Its a shame really, because im getting tired of the Maddog MD82 and the PMDG MD11 (The only realistic products out there).

Why should they bother if even the PMDG MD11 tires you? And why do I smell a short career for some forum member here?

Why should they bother if even the PMDG MD11 tires you? And why do I smell a short career for some forum member here?

Yes, it is really showing some flexibility to be able to hammer the nail into the coffin of your own argument. From inside. :blink:

Methinks he doth protest too much... :banghead1_s:

• Upvote 2

Because a lot of people are tired of spending 20 minutes before they can take off :-).

But that is the way it works in the real world. You can't just jump in and go barrelling down the runway, and he obviously prefers to simulate that.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Why are most of the new aircraft simulations targeted the light/medium market??? I am sick and tired of seeing nice fancy exterier models/VC's and bautiful pictures and great websites. Are the developers getting greedy and lazy?? Is it just too much work too create a complex simulation?? Limited LNAV,VNAV,FMC etz what a joke............its the brain and the heart of the airplane and should be modelled accordingly. What is going on developers???? VNAV and LNAV is used all the time in real life. Its the most efficient way of operating an aircraft. So why not modell it properly?? It is not difficult to learn and manage, and I really dont understand why the developers think its for advanced users only. Again, i think the developers are getting lazy and avoiding the complicated/realistic path. Its a shame really, because im getting tired of the Maddog MD82 and the PMDG MD11 (The only realistic products out there).

There are so many answers to your questions and so many remarks to your comments. But I'm not going to bother because of the derogatory tone. The same question asked in a normal tone would be the start of a fine discussion.

• Upvote 4