DHC2/DHC6 Updates

BeaverDriver

Good Day,

I purchased the Beaver and Twin Otter last December (2009) and had an HD failure last week. As such I'm reinstalling everything on a new computer. Anyway, I just checked here about updates and I see there are 2 (2.30 and 2.31) for the Beaver, and 1 (1.11) for the Twin Otter. Since both these planes have been out for a while, I'm trying to tell if I already have the latest version, or if I need to apply the updates. Is there a location in the installed files to find out what versions I have? I did check the aircraft.cfg file and it looks like there is a version (3.1?) for the Beaver or the Otter, but not for the other. Also, if I have the latest versions, did they include the updated sound files as well?

Thanks much for the help.

Incidentally, nice job on the aircraft. I'm especially particular to the Beaver FHR of White River Air Service. I flew her for a season when I worked there back in the 80's, and just yesterday was talking to a fellow Beaver pilot who helped change a cylinder on it just a couple of weeks or so ago. She's getting a little 'tired' now I'm afraid. The airframe has about 20,000 hours on it now. Anyway, she was/is a super machine and out of the 3 we had at White River then, it was considered our "short field (lake)" machine. I got that thing in and out of lakes that weren't much bigger than a mud puddle some days :). Anyway, thanks again. Nice job.

Guest Hodge001

Hi

The Aerosoft BeaverX is at the moment at V2_31 and the Twin Otter is at V1_11 (boxed version, which does not include the sound update) and V1_20 (download Version which includes the sound update), a quick way to check you existing version would be to go to the

YOUR DRIVE LETTER>Microsoft Games>Microsoft Flight Simulator X>Aerosoft>DHC2 Beaver folder

And then open the file named Product.cfg, which should have an entry for the Product Version, the information for the installed version of the Twin Otter in a similar location, just change the DHC2 Beaver folder name for TwinOtter.

Probably the easiest would be to log on to your shop account and download the latest installer for the BeaverX, although I am pretty sure that the BeaverX base installation is by way of installing V2_30 and then the V2_31 update to get the base pack of the latest version and then download and install the ASC (sound) update, for the Twin Otter you can ether download and install the V1_20 installer from the account web site which includes the ASC (sound) update, or download and install the V1_11 installer from the support web site followed by the ASC (sound) update.

And I could not agree more, they are both great aircraft to fly in FSX

Anyway I hope something in the above helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi

The Aerosoft BeaverX is at the moment at V2_31 and the Twin Otter is at V1_11 (boxed version, which does not include the sound update) and V1_20 (download Version which includes the sound update), a quick way to check you existing version would be to go to the

YOUR DRIVE LETTER>Microsoft Games>Microsoft Flight Simulator X>Aerosoft>DHC2 Beaver folder

And then open the file named Product.cfg, which should have an entry for the Product Version, the information for the installed version of the Twin Otter in a similar location, just change the DHC2 Beaver folder name for TwinOtter.

Probably the easiest would be to log on to your shop account and download the latest installer for the BeaverX, although I am pretty sure that the BeaverX base installation is by way of installing V2_30 and then the V2_31 update to get the base pack of the latest version and then download and install the ASC (sound) update, for the Twin Otter you can ether download and install the V1_20 installer from the account web site which includes the ASC (sound) update, or download and install the V1_11 installer from the support web site followed by the ASC (sound) update.

And I could not agree more, they are both great aircraft to fly in FSX

Anyway I hope something in the above helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Many thanks for this Jim. Much appreciated! Have a good one :)

• 7 months later...

Hello, I tried that suggestion in order to find my versions of both planes but all I get is a dialog box that says "Windows can't open this file". Of course it offers to find it for me, (but that has never once worked), and I personally don't really know what they mean but the point is that if there is any other way that you know of, could you let me know?

Thanks