Piper Cheyenne GPS swap

FSXaddict

I'm looking to swap the TR2000 gps that comes with the Cheyenne and use Friendly Panels G530 instead. The problem is, this is the only plane I have that I've been unable to successfully change and have it working. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and even if you can help me just get FSX's default G500 working instead of this TR2000 antique.

• 6 months later...

I'm looking to swap the TR2000 gps that comes with the Cheyenne and use Friendly Panels G530 instead. The problem is, this is the only plane I have that I've been unable to successfully change and have it working. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and even if you can help me just get FSX's default G500 working instead of this TR2000 antique.

Morn'n,

I just updated my IIXL over the weekend for FS9 with the RXP GNS530... One thing is an issue - the RXP GNS530 needs to be set to "Simple VOR" mode in order to work... It seems in this mode - you need to leave the panel NAV/GPS switch in NAV mode when using the GPS for guidance of the autopilot... If set to GPS - it never captures the track... You then use the "CDI" button on the GPS to switch between VOR/GPS... I moved COM2 and NAV2 to the top two radio slots and installed the 530 in place of the radios in slot 3, slot 4, and the Trimble... Other than the NAV/GPS it all seems to work fine so far...

Regards,

Scott