Flight Sim Commander and discuss

SKYWARRIOR

Hi newbie here with a silly question:

I use Flight Sim Commander on my other aircraft and just wondered why even wit a flight plan installed it does not pick up on F.S.Commander at all, its completely blank.

This would be just useful for easy flight planning.

Regards

David

Hi David,

As I don't really know FSC, what do you expect to see, and what are you trying to do?

Bests Joachim

Joachim

FSC gives a moving map with airports VOR stations etc etc etc etc and your plane albeit a jet a prop or whatever is shown in real time on the map. Its obviously not a glider necessity but uses the output from FSX to do the plotting in real time.I use it with Wide FS on a networked secondary computer for maps instruments and supplementary devises as it leaves the main computer free do do the amazing graphics.

I use it sometime in a different way (and this is what I would use it in Discus) as a map to decide where I might fly to and from. For instance I might decide to fly in southern Spain and use the flight planner in FSX to put my aircraft on a runway at Marbella. This would then show surrounding info of other airports plus info. I perhaps from this then choose to fly from Alicante to Gibraltar as they are both on this map and more depending on the zoom .

This is ho I would use it in Discus but there is no output to FSC which is wierd.

It works with all other addons.

Thanks and Regards

David

Intel i7 950 CPU

MSI X58 Platinum Motherboard

6Gb 1600 TR3 Tri Channel Memory

Samsung 1Tb 32Mb Cache SATA

Nec EA221 WM LCD Panel x 3

22x DVD Re-Writer 'Lightscribe' Dual

Ge-Force 285 GTX PCie 2Gb Graphics

Creative Soundblaster xtreme Audio X-FI

Dual Gigabit Lan

Firewire

Deluxe Midi Tower Case with 1000w PSU

USB 2.0 x 12 (2 on front)

Windows 7 64 bit

Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Module

Hi David,

Sorry but you have me at a loss as to what you are asking. I use FSC and the Discus with no issues whatsoever! Whatever flightplan you have loaded into FSC then it will show in the Discus's GPS unit.

No matter what aircraft or from what airport you use/depart from then if FSC is linked via simconnect/fsuipc, then no matter, the aircraft or the map will move. Either way, is the aircraft active in FSC?

If you find it hard to explain then a screenshot or two may assist you.

Hi David,

Sorry but you have me at a loss as to what you are asking. I use FSC and the Discus with no issues whatsoever! Whatever flightplan you have loaded into FSC then it will show in the Discus's GPS unit.

No matter what aircraft or from what airport you use/depart from then if FSC is linked to simconnect/fsuipc with either, then no matter, the aircraft or the map will move. Either way, is the aircraft active in FSC?

If you find it hard to explain then a screenshot or two may assist you.

JAMES:

Funnily enough the system has started working Ok since I changed the discus from the TT version so maybe there is a "buglet" or a corru[tion in this file.

Thank you for your interest though and offer of help.

Regards

David