Mays Screenshot Competition.

Okay folks welcome to May's Screenshot Competition.

This month we will have a themed subject. "Carrier Landings".

Landing your aircraft onto the deck of a carrier, just at the moment of touchdown so its probably best to take the shot in Replay.

Anyone who does it with a C-130 I will be impressed.

Rules at the top of the forum apply

Can you please tell me where in FSX i can find Carriers

If you have FSX Acceleration you can go to a freeware download portal (e.g. simviation) and download some stuff:

- AIcarriers: this module allows you to place FSX Accelleration carriers in freeflight in FSX

- FSX Nimitz V2: wonderful freeware carrier, lots of different models/modifications. The carriers can be added to the AIcarriers and then also be placed in FSX.

- Another recommendable page is FSShipyards (lots of ships and carriers for FS9 and FSX)

If you search for AICarriers FSX or Nimitz FSX, you should find it.

Kind regards

Manuel

Anyone who does it with a C-130 I will be impressed.

Shaun you got your wish

| | |

\/ \/ \/

Thx I found some Ai Carriers very nice and I think a wonderful shot ^^post-27074-1272815773,34_thumb.jpg

Just don't try landing one of those with a full load... Tried with the PAD version, ran out of deck, overshot it, or crashed in to it :wacko:

Also DX10 + Light Bloom looks really good and DX10 Bloom has a lower hit on frames than DX9 Bloom, plus DX10 is a more accurate shader in detail, adaptive awareness (ie: takes a spinning prop in to consideration with bloom defusement) and the water shader has been greatly enhanced with "White Caps" "Wave Direction and Height affected by the weather" as well as a general visual realism increase.

It is early morning aboard the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier; a deckhand watches as an SH-60 touches down, carrying the fleet admiral with new orders...

carrier4mayadd.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is early morning aboard the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier; a deckhand watches as an SH-60 touches down, carrying the fleet admiral with new orders...

Gorgeous shot, Robert!

I'm really surprised that there haven't been super absurd carrier landings, like, slamming a B-52 to the deck, 747 touch and go's, An-225 tower slices... Or even landing a Twotter on a Helo pad :lol:

BTW: to make the carrier's faster change the throttle value to 100. 50MPH, 43Knots. Also go in to the AI Carriers folder and change the user security settings to "Full Control"

I'm really surprised that there haven't been super absurd carrier landings, like, slamming a B-52 to the deck, 747 touch and go's, An-225 tower slices... Or even landing a Twotter on a Helo pad :lol:

BTW: to make the carrier's faster change the throttle value to 100. 50MPH, 43Knots. Also go in to the AI Carriers folder and change the user security settings to "Full Control"

so... let's go!