Don't Believe It - There is NO FORCE FEEDBACK

I've had CBS since is came out. I've been trying and writing on this forum for info as to how to get force feedback working with my Thrustmaster RGT FFB Clutch Wheel. No satisfactory response from this forum or Aerosoft or TML. Well now there is one.

As background, here's what the features sheet for CBS says on Aerosoft.com:

Bus-Features:

• Highly detailed 3d Model
  • High quality shader model for a realistic atmosphere with showing sun glare and street lamps
  • Realistic physics for shock absorbers; to recreate the behavior when driving on rough roads, through potholes and to simulate skidding on wet surfaces
  • The 3d cockpit is being simulated realistically with all controls and rotatable view
  • Animated wipers
  • Animated wheelchair lift
  • Kneeling
  • Lights switchable in complete interior
  • Supports racing wheels (also with Force Feedback)
  • Free movement inside the bus
  • 6 exterior camera views plus mirror views left and right
  • High quality sound with many options
  • Radio communication
  • Rotatable and zoom able camera
  • Animated passengers getting on and off the bus; voice output incl.
  • Waiting and animated „living passengers" at the bus stops
  • Dynamic AI-Traffic
  • Dynamic daytimes with realistic light- and shadow representation
  • Dynamic weather incl. realistic rain simulation
  • Free movable objects such as garbage cans, pylons and exclusion zones, etc.
  • Comprehensive options menu with many settings options
  • vehicle editor included to expand your entire fleet with free 3d models from our website (starts with release) or from our Partner Design-X: http://design-x-buses.de you can also add self created 3d vehicles
  • virtual radio station "Double Bass FM." with over 43 tracks from great bands/artists

=========================================

Here's what Thrustmaster wrote me after they agreed to test the wheel I have - RGT FFB Clutch - on City Bus Simulator:

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Reference: [195699-1272643367]

Dear Mr. Barry Kaufman,

Thank you for your request. In order to resolve the issue you have encountered with your RGT FFB Clutch, please refer to our response herewith:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue!

We have tested the RGT PRO Clutch Edition with the game Bus Simulator and regrettably there are no force feedback options in the game therefore the game does not support it.

We have also attached a screenshot that certifies this. (I'VE ATTACHED THE SCREEN SHOT THEY SENT)

We rest at your disposal for any further inquiries.

We hope that the information we have provided is useful and has helped to resolve your query. Have a good day and please remember that Hercules Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us via the Web at the following addresses:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page:

http://ts.hercules.c....php?pg=contact

King regards,

================================================

I don't mind that there is no force feedback. I do mind that it was advertised as being there and no one who could, would answer my question.

Barry

post-28894-127264756056_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

It doesn't support Logitech's G25 or G27 in "force-feedback" either. If CBS is going to make a claim like this (Post #1), they should list which ones it does support. This is false advertisement and/or misreprestation. It also qualifies for a refund if you choose to do so. In relation to the steering, and the delay it has, can be manually done from your profiler, and the game engine, but for people unfamiliar with this is a disappointment by Aerosoft. This has been Aerosoft's weak spot for this game. They came up with one patch addressing this, and it still comes up short. A better developer for wheel coding is what's needed here, not to mention "PLAY TESTERS".

The scenery is nice, and strolling through the city is a nifty change. The weather is also a nice change from most driving games. I don't like driving with a keyboard/mouse. Those days are long dead for me. So Aerosoft..... pick up the ball you dropped, and patch up the steering better if you want more sales. Bad word of mouth travels faster than light.

I would rate this game a 9/10 if the steering worked properly. On a so called driving game this is a must for me, and I have to give it a 6/10.

• Upvote 2