Helgoland X updated to 1.10

Shaun Fletcher

Helgoland X remains one of the finest scenery products we have for sale. it might not be as well known as Manhattan for example but it is a lot of fun. Where else will you find a very small airport with three (!) runways? All of them very short with a lot of sand dunes all around? But the product started to show some signs of it's age so Limesim did a great mid life upgrade that brings the airport up to its actual status (new hangar etc) and adds some stuff we feel an up to date scenery should have. There is an update the full version is also updated.

Links: [updates] [Product Page]

New

* OLT Hangar close to tower now added

* Overrun area Rwy 21 added

* Animated flags

* More 3D people

* Mobile fuel station

* Signs "Ende Badestrand" and "Anfang Badestrand" left and right Rwy 21 approach

* New mission with flight from Büsum to Helgoland (German spoken, English subtitles)

Bugfixes:

* Clouds no longer shine through transmission tower

* Problems with aircraft windows solved

* Suicide seagull at apron shot down

* Cables Oberland-transmission tower now reach the ground

* Double buildings in combination with VFR Germany 2 removed

helgolandImg9.jpg

Helgoland X remains one of the finest scenery products we have for sale.

No doubt about that! Thanks to the team for a perfect update - looks wonderful and runs fine!

post-18832-127239870371_thumb.jpgpost-18832-127239874186_thumb.jpgpost-18832-127239876718_thumb.jpg

Ai Traffic would be great, but did you ever see AI traffic to handle a runway that short? You can (hopefully... ;)) do it, FSX's AI engine can't. :)

Bests,

Sascha

• 3 weeks later...

How can I go about applying this update if I have my Helgoland scenery installed on a drive other than the FSX drive?? Its frustrating enough that the Aerosoft Installers only allow you to install scenery to the same drive as FSX, but now its even more frustrating that having managed to move the scenery across to the drive of my choice the Update believes I don't have Helgoland installed! Even if Aerosoft won't change the Installer can you PLEASE at least change the Update so it recognises Helgoland on other drives.... its driving me nuts here!

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

How can I go about applying this update if I have my Helgoland scenery installed on a drive other than the FSX drive?? Its frustrating enough that the Aerosoft Installers only allow you to install scenery to the same drive as FSX, but now its even more frustrating that having managed to move the scenery across to the drive of my choice the Update believes I don't have Helgoland installed! Even if Aerosoft won't change the Installer can you PLEASE at least change the Update so it recognises Helgoland on other drives.... its driving me nuts here!

The update installer of Helgoland doesn't work any different than ALL the installers Aerosoft published concerning this, so I doubt that Aerosoft will do a separate update installer just for Helgoland just for 1 person asking.

What you are asking for is a rather fundamental discussion about how all installers should be done and I would suggest you to raise this in a separate topic if you don't want it to get lost somewhere.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Many thanks for your reply.

The update installer of Helgoland doesn't work any different than ALL the installers Aerosoft published concerning this

Yes, that is correct.

so I doubt that Aerosoft will do a separate update installer just for Helgoland just for 1 person asking.

No, I expect not.

What you are asking for is a rather fundamental discussion about how all installers should be done and I would suggest you to raise this in a separate topic if you don't want it to get lost somewhere.

Absolutely, and I have raised it on other threads. From what I recall there was an aspiration to make all new Installers/Updaters non-drive specific. The reason I've raised it here (rather than where I raised it before) is because the Helgoland Updater is new and I would've thought that by now this and all new Updaters would've be made non-drive specific.

You are of course correct and I agree its time I started another thread about this elsewhere on the forum...

Although we're certainly a minority, there are a large number of us who load our scenery on a 2nd, 3rd or other hard drive and not the same drive as FSX.

Many thanks again

Andy

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Where is it. the update. its not under the update list. whene i sign in there. how can i get it????.... i hafe never seen it in the update list..whene i open the update list and sign in. its not there .. the update 1.10 for helgoland. so??? where?

Regards. iwan plomp...

Helgoland X remains one of the finest scenery products we have for sale. it might not be as well known as Manhattan for example but it is a lot of fun. Where else will you find a very small airport with three (!) runways? All of them very short with a lot of sand dunes all around? But the product started to show some signs of it's age so Limesim did a great mid life upgrade that brings the airport up to its actual status (new hangar etc) and adds some stuff we feel an up to date scenery should have. There is an update the full version is also updated.

Links: [updates] [Product Page]

New

* OLT Hangar close to tower now added

* Overrun area Rwy 21 added

* Animated flags

* More 3D people

* Mobile fuel station

* Signs "Ende Badestrand" and "Anfang Badestrand" left and right Rwy 21 approach

* New mission with flight from Büsum to Helgoland (German spoken, English subtitles)

Bugfixes:

* Clouds no longer shine through transmission tower

* Problems with aircraft windows solved

* Suicide seagull at apron shot down

* Cables Oberland-transmission tower now reach the ground

* Double buildings in combination with VFR Germany 2 removed

helgolandImg9.jpg

Where is it good sir. where. please. where can i find the update.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem for me, I can find it under the updates when I log in.

Did you buy the boxed Version? Then you have to register it first.

Otto

No problem for me, I can find it under the updates when I log in.

Did you buy the boxed Version? Then you have to register it first.

Otto

I did. mond ago.. but i wil trie agaim.

I did. mond ago.. but i wil trie agaim.

i tel you. its here. thank for the reply. BirdDog.... hmmm dont know why it did not workt for me early .. plop*