Santorini X Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

Hello Folks,

If you find any issues with this product please post them here.

If its Graphical then please attach a screenshot with the Co-ordinates showing, (Shift+Z)

Known Issues.

1: Runway 1 in the Go To Airport Menu.

We know about this issue and it will place you in the Atlantic south of some islands.

Not sure why it shows up in the menu but its not in the AFCAD that we can see.

Hi there!

In my sim this scenery does not display all those houses seen in the screen shots on Simmarket.

There are a few around the airport and also the basilica and a couple of other buildings can be seen in the town on the ridge.

Other than that it is totally empty.

I have got my scenery and autogen sliders all the way to the right and my system is pretty powerful.

Could it have something to do with the file default.xml in the autogen folder that this scenery have made changes to?

This file have earlier been changed by FlyTampa´s Grenadine scenery. This maybe causes some kind of conflict?

Best regards

Mikael

• Upvote 1

I can't even get by the installer which tells me I either entered the wrong e-mail address or serial #.

Of the e-mail address I'm sure, not of the serial.

Could someone help please.

Thanks

Ludo Lambrechts

Hello Ludo,

Please write to me at support@aerosoft.com with the details you are entering into the installer so I can check them for you.

Hi there!

In my sim this scenery does not display all those houses seen in the screen shots on Simmarket.

There are a few around the airport and also the basilica and a couple of other buildings can be seen in the town on the ridge.

Other than that it is totally empty.

I have got my scenery and autogen sliders all the way to the right and my system is pretty powerful.

Could it have something to do with the file default.xml in the autogen folder that this scenery have made changes to?

This file have earlier been changed by FlyTampa´s Grenadine scenery. This maybe causes some kind of conflict?

Best regards

Mikael

Shaun,

I'm getting the same as Mikael, and I can't spot anything obvious.

Could this be looked into please?

Chris

Same as mentioned above for me: there is autogen around the airport but nothing really in the bay area as per the screenshot below. The rest of the island is also totally empty of autogen. This is with autogen set to max. I have also Fly Tampa's Grenadine's.

post-22501-12725080629_thumb.jpg

Hello all!

I also think this could be default.xml related. Maybe you can check if in your actual default.xml in the FSX/autogen folder are santorini lines integrated. There must be something like <!-- Santorini X Beginn --> and following inside...

There must be something wrong during installation, if there are no santorini lines.

Hello Folks,

Please try running the installer as Administrator by right clicking on it and selecting "Run as Administrator". I have just installed the scenery and see all the autogen without issue.

If not then you may want to take a look at Sascha post.

Shaun, I have seen Saschas post and that is not my problem here.

I uninstalled Santorini X and even deleted the copies of default.xml that the uninstaller left in the Autogen folder,

so that the installer would not use them again.

Then I made a clean install using the "Run as Administrator" option in Win 7.

The result came up just the same, no autogen trees or buildings.

I checked the default.xml with notepad and there does not seem to be any entries of Santorini.

Also, the file size and the date of change is exactly the same as before the installation.

It seems to me, that the installer just makes a copy of the file but dos not make any new entries.

If any new entries were made, I guess that the date of the file would change to the time of the installation.

Regards Mikael.

Hi y´all.

I have now managed to solve my problem of autogen not showing, with some help from this post below:

Hello together,

I have a similar problem with the autogen of Santorini-X (already described in the german forum). During Installation of Santorini-X no autogen entries were added to "default.xlm", therefore no little white buildings. My problem, I assume (because no one answered so far), is, that I have not the original "default.xlm", but an enhanced file with entries of FlyTampa Grenadines. I made a couple of tests, and did an installation with an restored original Microsoft FSX Acc. "default.xlm". My findings:

- the default "default.xlm" is utf-16. You can see this in an hex editor. Installation of Santorini-X with that file ends with an "Santorini-Enhanced" autogen file, all is well. During Installation of Santorini-X, the file was converted to UTF-8, therefore the file size is much smaller.

- the FlyTampa Grenadines enhanced "default.xlm" says UTF-16 in the header (first line), but it's not. It's probably UTF-8 (you can see this in an hex editor). Installation of Santorini-X with that file ends with a not modified "default.xlm", the Santorini autogen entries are missing.

what next?

Greetings

Manfred

What I did was to use an original copy of default.xml when reinstalling Santorini X.

That way the correct entry will appear.

Then I copied the "Santorini" lines from that version (described in the pinned topic by Gerhard Kachelmann) to the version before Santorini X was installed.

This way one will have autogen in Santorini X, the Grenadines by Fly Tampa (and other possible scenerys that have made changes).

Only now (with my bad habit of having the sliders to the max) the scenery becomes more like a slide show than smooth sailing. :D

Regards Mikael.

Hi,

The same problem here as other grenadine owners.

Perhaps someone could post a modified xml, to save the hassle of re-installing for anybody in the same boat.

Is the AFCAD ok? There seems to be quite a few airlines flying in (24+ on world of AI airport checker) only a few ramp GA stands with smallish turning circles?

Anyway,thanks for the great scenery

Keith

• Upvote 1

I've looked at all my default.xml files and none have been modified by Santorini X. The latest date of them is 24/5/09. I do have the backup file of Santorini X, but that is it.

I have tried running as Admin during install, but it had no effect.

I think that it would be helpful if someone could post the modified default.xml as previously suggested.

Aerosoft, perhaps you could do this if no one replys?

Chris

Hi all,

right now I'm making screenshots for our upcoming review. During that I experienced the following problem with some cars around the airport:

fsx2010050317362675.jpg

Settings were really everything maxed and right, but also disabling bloom or scenery ground shadows nor lens flare or lowering the autogen-settings did fix that. Ah yes, DX9-Mode.

Any hints on that?

Comments or solutions are highly apreciated.

Best regards

Chris

• Developer

Hi Chris, in your Santorinix/textures folder there should be a bunch of .bmp files with names beginning with 'lwpg...' etc. Can you please confirm that these are present, and also, that the many other cars in the airport carpark are also displaying black? This may be a display problem with your vid card not liking .bmp files (all the other model textures are .dds).

Cheers,

Mat

Hi all,

right now I'm making screenshots for our upcoming review. During that I experienced the following problem with some cars around the airport:

fsx2010050317362675.jpg

Settings were really everything maxed and right, but also disabling bloom or scenery ground shadows nor lens flare or lowering the autogen-settings did fix that. Ah yes, DX9-Mode.

Any hints on that?

Comments or solutions are highly apreciated.

Best regards

Chris

Dear Mat,

affirmative, the bmp-files are in the mentioned folder and many other cars around the airport are black. I'm wondering about the texture issues on a GeForce GTX 285 with 1 GB Video-RAM with the latest drivers installed.

fsx2010050319541124.jpg

As I have many other sceneries and some of them reviewed, I have never experienced a similar problem. After having a look at the mentioned textures with the Nero Image Viewer, they seem damaged, crippled somehow, while the dds-textures are showing well. Have a look at the bmps:

badtex.jpg

So I think the textures and not the GPU are the problem, as I have updated my Nvidia-drivers this evening to the very latest version and the problem still occurs. Also the picture above remained the same, after a complete reinstallation of Santorini. Any ideas for a solution?

Perhaps some alternative dds-textures to fix that?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi,

I have two problems with Santorini X. The first is that the installer does not add any entries to my default autogen xml files (which include entries for Fly Tampa Grenadines, the Orbx sceneries and the Earth Simulation sceneries). I managed to add the Santorini entries manually (after installing them into an earlier autogen file), but then lose much of my autogen in the Earth Simulation sceneries. Any suggestions about how I can get all these sceneries to work with one default.xml autogen file would therefore be much appreciated. My second problem is that I also have the same texture problem in relation to many of the cars (showing up black, with apparently corrupted bmp texture files), as already reported by another user. Any possible solutions to that problem would also be much appreciated. Thanks.

Robert.

Hi, with the Earth Simulations stuff I would reinstall, that's what they've recommended when other issues like this have occurred.

I still can't get any entries in my default.xml, and I'm finding black cars at the airport too.

Chris

Hi all,

any news concerning the textures-issue?

Regards

Chris

Hello Chris,

Not heard anything, but the textures are fine if you open them in Imagetool and not a run of the mill picture viewer.

• Developer

Hi Chris and others, sorry to keep you waiting - we didn't have this problem during beta testing so I had to do a little research.. :)

The textures are definately fine, so I think it might be a conflict between another addon scenery (most likely an aerosoft product) that uses one of the same vehicle libraries as santorin; FSX is trying to call the same texture from 2 locations and failing. Changing the order of Santorini in your scenery library (either higher or lower preference than any other addon scenery) might help this (sorry, don't have any other addons installed here so can't test myself). Otherwise a temporary fix would be to disable the other scenery that uses the same vehicle library, until we can come up with a permenant solution.

Hope this helps,

best,

Mat

Hi all,

any news concerning the textures-issue?

Regards

Chris

Hi Mat,

I have just looked over my sceneries and found out that there are several Aerosoft-Sceneries that are using those textures:

- Santorini X

- Madeira X

- German Airfields 1

- German Airfields 2

At least all of them are using bmp-files starting with lwpg...

I'll try to put Santorini X to the lowest position in my sceneries and report back.

Regards

Chris