Bobben

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, this must be a specific problem with this single installation.

I'm running ENVA together with UTE and FSGlobal and never experienced any kind of problem. And I'm "flying" regulary to ENVA, especially from EHAM, EDDM and EDDF with different aircrafts, like PMDGs NGX, Feelthere's ERJ, Aerosoft's AirbusX, Eaglesofts CitationX and Flight1's Mustang. The only problem is more or less stuttering depending on the Aircraft (most withe NGX and less with AirbusX).

No, this must be a specific problem with this single installation.

I'm running ENVA together with UTE and FSGlobal and never experienced any kind of problem. And I'm "flying" regulary to ENVA, especially from EHAM, EDDM and EDDF with different aircrafts, like PMDGs NGX, Feelthere's ERJ, Aerosoft's AirbusX, Eaglesofts CitationX and Flight1's Mustang. The only problem is more or less stuttering depending on the Aircraft (most withe NGX and less with AirbusX).

Same here, with a mix of UTX, FSGlobal, NGX, AS ENVA, Norway Scenic II, AS2012, etc. etc., you name it, i have never had one CTD, freeze or something like that when arriving ENVA, so it has to be something with your install, scenery or addon that covers this area. Just My Thoughts...

Stein-Ove

Guest cptawsom

Since I bought Trondheim with the "Ice Age", a couple of days ago, and did two flights (one with the 747-400X and one with the NGX), I have ti report that I also have these very serious stutters that happen nowhere else.

I'll try to make a guess and isolate the problem a little more:

They seem to be heavier when the western end of the runway is visible, at the point where its "rocky" side-texture meets the sea water.

I am saying this, because I was taxing towards there for take-off, having an external view from above and right, and the stutters started the moment that very specific spot had to be displayed.

Just tried again and locked / crashed.

Push back from 34, to face west, taxi up to the very last turn, turn right to enter the runway - then got major stutter and as I went further forward to enter it locked up...

Using default FSX aircraft (CRJ700), only 2 AI aircraft in the area.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I'm having big problems running the scenery as well. Random hangs while taxiing or approaching the airport. I will try some of the suggestions in this discussion, and see if it works.

Hello Folks,

As there are so many tweaks etc going around these days and different combinations of sceneries and utilities people have installed, we can say that if there was a distinct problem with this scenery then everyone who installed it onto there machines would have the same issue, which only leaves the problem to be system specific.

With several users appearantly having the same or similar problems you should have a look at it, it seems that the product have several problems. This is in fact a product many users have spent some money on.

With several users appearantly having the same or similar problems you should have a look at it, it seems that the product have several problems. This is in fact a product many users have spent some money on.

The problem is this is a very small minority of customers compared to the amount of copies sold, as there are 100's different variations of computers and even more flight sim setups then without knowing what is going on with there machines a solution is not simple. As the product works for the vast majority then is the product actually the cause.

• 4 months later...

Hey everybody,

first of all sorry for "digging out the dead" as this topic may be a bit old now, anyways I also experienced these kind of crashes and didn't know how to fix them until I found out that Vaernes X seems to crash mainly in conjunction with "Norway Scenic X", at least on my machine. So what I did was simply disabling "Norway Scenic X" and - just to be on the safe side - the norway mesh I once downloaded. So everyone out there with the same issues and same addons may give it a try.

G'day,

I'm also having problems with Trondheim, alas. I recently purchased Tronheim X, mostly because it said that it was compatible with the excellent Norway Scenic X scenery. I haven't had a crash but the stuttering is quite bad, especially at the western end, with ground textures flashing through the runway. The airport does not fit well with the Norway Scenic X scenery with buildings and roads in the water, again on the west end. The taxiway lights appear to float about 30 cm off the ground and the runway approach lights, PAPI's, etc do not display until you are on short final. The start positions for the runways are offset to the side of the runway. One thing I've noticed is that while Norway Scenic X asks for 5cm mesh resolution, the Trondheim scenery demands 10cm resolution, yet claims to be compatible with Norway Scenic X. This seems curious. This all is really too bad because it sure is a good looking airport and is very well done, but at present it just doesn't work right. I do not have UTX or GEX for Europe installed. I am using the NorwayScenic X scenery with the Norway mesh. Win 7 64bit. GTX460 graphics card. All help with solutions or suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

Fritz

• Aerosoft

Where did it say it was compatible? Your issue sounds more like it is a AFCAD issue, with conflicting scenery for the same region.

Btw, I got serious doubts Norway Scenic can deliver 5 cm mesh, that would mean a few gigabyte of scenery data for this country. But setting a lower limit will never hurt the higher setting, so 5cm should be okay.

On page 9 of the included manual, it states:

Thanks to Andrew Thomsen for creating a patch that makes Værnes X and Norway Scenic X compatible and letting me include it in the final release. Norway Scenic X is a freeware scenery developed and released by Torgeir Opland, it can be downloaded here: http://www.flightsim.no/filer/fsxscenery/Norway_Scenic_X.zip

As for the 5cm mesh for Norway, that was my mistake, it should read 5 meters. Oops, sorry.

I have disabled all other ENVA airport entries, I am only running Trondheim X at present, and the problems continue. Do you have any suggestions for my comment, "The taxiway lights appear to float about 30 cm off the ground and the runway approach lights, PAPI's, etc do not display until you are on short final. The start positions for the runways are offset to the side of the runway." Thanks.

Cheers,

Fritz

• Aerosoft

And I assume you have downloaded that patch?

The error you see is 100% caused by an AFCAD file that is active where it should not be. But we have no way of knowing what other add-on causes this. I would simply disable all and activate the one by one.

Download the patch from where? It is "included in the final release". If it's not included, I don't know where to get it, the link provided in the manual is for the Norway Scenic X package, that's not the patch.

I have no other AFCADS for Trondheim active. I have looked carefully, more than once.

Cheers,

Fritz

• Aerosoft

I mean the patch that Scenic X provides, copied from your own post... http://www.flightsim.no/filer/fsxscenery/Norway_Scenic_X.zip.

I would advise you to disable all add-on scenery and activate them one by one, you will then see what the one is that cause the issue.

The link provided in the manual is for the Norway Scenic X package, that's not a patch. See my post above.

Cheers;,

Fritz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I had always stutterings and crashes at ENVA (see my previous posts on this forum), but last week i found a solution (it works for me, had several ILS-landings and take-offs to and from ENVA in a PMDG 737NGX!). In the AVSIM library of August 16th, there was a file called "dxtfixerx.zip" made by Peter Nyman (File Description: Fixes stuttering in FS9 and FSX caused by dxt3 and dxt5 files without active alpha channel data. Read the readme.txt for intructions on how to install and use.) I'm not a technician but it works fine...

Regards & Cheers,

Erwin

I also had this problem and now fixed it I think.

Do you also have Aerosoft's ENGM scenery as well as UTX? Then you need to disable the ENGM afcad file installed by default into UTX Europe. To do this, just start the UTX Europe Setup Tool. Then, select "Modify Status Of Repositioned Airports" from the "Terrain" menu. Find ENGM in the list and select disable. Make sure it says (disabled) next to it in the list. then Done.

By the way Erwin thank you for that link, that program is great!

Hi Gear up and off,

I have Aerosoft ENGM and UTX Europe. For the moment ENGM works with the dxtfixerx.zip-file but i will test also disabling the ENGM afcad file installed by default into UTX Europe...

thanks and have a safe flight!

Erwin