Appcrash at Trondheim Vaernes X

Bobben

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Anonymous,

did many flights to and from Vaernes, today with a Feelthere ERJ145 back to Amsterdam. And no crash when taxing from Gate 43 via TWY Y and F to RWY 27. I also use UTX and additionally FSGlobal2008.

What I can confirm is stuttering when looking outside/back to the airport.

@Shaun: Didn't you post a reworked AFCAD file a while ago? Maybe this one can solve the problem.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Anonymous,

did many flights to and from Vaernes, today with a Feelthere ERJ145 back to Amsterdam. And no crash when taxing from Gate 43 via TWY Y and F to RWY 27. I also use UTX and additionally FSGlobal2008.

What I can confirm is stuttering when looking outside/back to the airport.

@Shaun: Didn't you post a reworked AFCAD file a while ago? Maybe this one can solve the problem.

If its the one I think it is that was for the start positions.

Hello;

Have either one of you tried the UIAutomationCore dll,I have a 74 bit system,and have Windows 7,installed on the D-drive.This helped with some problems I was having with other add-ons.I have purchased this airport.Just do a google search for the dll,look for the latest version,I just placed it in my Fsx folder.Also there are other Texture enhancement tools as well,to change settings in your Fsx cfg.

Mark

Hello;

I also flew a flight from Amsterdam,to Trondheim,using the PMDG B-737,I was using REX Overdrive ,I have all of my settings maxed out,and run the frame rates at un-limited,no problems,with the exception of it paused once,and no other issues.I also flew the Ifly B-737 there,is an image at the gate,using AES.And alos,I made approaches to both runways,no problems.

Mark

post-26378-0-44187800-1326820463_thumb.j

Shaun,

I have tried flights at different times and seasons with disabled 3rd party sceneries and found that the only way to get it to work is by disabling Ultimate Terrain X Europe. Everytime I enable it, FSX freezes and waiting for an answer.

LGG

Through further testing, I can't reliably repeat the crash every time. In general, if I start an aircraft from a gate, make no changes, then I can start up and taxi out fine with no problems. Also, in general, I can make an arrival into this airport, taxi to a gate/parking and shut down with no problems.

Most commonly, the crash happens if I start a flight from one of the "cargo" parking spots in the default cessna, then I go to aircraft menu to switch to an addon aircraft after the cessna is "cold and dark". Testing with both the Captainsim 727 and the Lotus L-39, I will then start the aircraft from cold and dark, taxi down to runway 27 and I fairly consistently get the hold short line crash at that point. Strangely, this behavior does not occur if I have UTX disabled.

Hello Dave,

What happens if you do a saved flight at the gate then when starting FSX load that.

I will try that when I get back from business on the weekend. That would be a good work around if successful.

Hi,

I have tried that and it doesn't change anything. As soon as the nose points towards west FSX freezes.

LGG

You tried disabling all other 3rd party sceneries except the one thats crashing, in the scenery library, this includes meshes and landclasses, if your using 3rd party ground textures etc try disabling these.

Shaun

I have now managed to find the problem, at least on my computer.

I have Ultimate Terrain X Europe and Ground Environment X Europe installed.

I disabled UTX and enabled the different parts until I got an FSX crash.

I located the problem to be in the scenery area: UT Landclass - Urban, folder in Scenery\UtLcCity\scenery.

In this folder I found the file: LCX5009e.bgl, thats the area of Trondheim. After renaming this file, the problem disappeared. To find out if it was a fault in this file or a texture problem, I restored the original FSX textures.

Voila! That fixed it. So the problem lies within GEX Europe. What texture file that causes this, I'm not sure of.

Hopefully, some more people having this problem could test to se if it also will work out for them.

LGG

Shaun

I have now managed to find the problem, at least on my computer.

I have Ultimate Terrain X Europe and Ground Environment X Europe installed.

I disabled UTX and enabled the different parts until I got an FSX crash.

I located the problem to be in the scenery area: UT Landclass - Urban, folder in Scenery\UtLcCity\scenery.

In this folder I found the file: LCX5009e.bgl, thats the area of Trondheim. After renaming this file, the problem disappeared. To find out if it was a fault in this file or a texture problem, I restored the original FSX textures.

Voila! That fixed it. So the problem lies within GEX Europe. What texture file that causes this, I'm not sure of.

Hopefully, some more people having this problem could test to se if it also will work out for them.

LGG

Thanks for the information, I'm sure it will come in handy for others.

Hi Shaun, Granson and others,

Long time ago! Best wishes for 2012!

Me too I have UTX Europe and GEX Europe installed, and... when I disable "UT Landclass - Urban" in the FSX Scenery Library, I have no more crashes... Good news! But, with "UT Landclass - Urban" enabled and a renamed file LCX5009e.bgl, crashes again...

Thus, at the moment flying with a disabled "UT Landclass - Urban" scenery when taking off or landing at ENVA.

Further help is welcome...

regards,

Erwin

Hi,

tested with renamed files LCX5008e.xxx & LCX5009e.xxx, but still crashed... :mecry_s: Only when "UT Landclass - Urban" in the FSX Scenery Library disabled, no problems... bizarre!

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

I think it's time to start a discussion about this problem at the support forum at Ultimate Terrain.

Once again i'm getting hangups when turning to East and West, both on ground and in the air.

There must something wrong with the bgl-files in Urban directory. I have disabled all files in the surrounding

of Trondheim but it doesn't help. The only cure seems to be disabling the hole Urban scenery, but that disables

the all citys in Europe.

LGG

Hi Erwin,

I tested something that I should have done from the beginning, I disabled Aerosofts ENVA and used the stock airport.

with UT Urban enabled without any problems. So, Is the problem in Aerosofts ENVA airport?

Try this and see if you get the same result.

LGG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Was there any solution to this?

I have just purchased and on my first pushback had FSX lock up and crash... also when using Top Down view the area around the airport is all black and if in the VC and look out and around the land around the airport is all black...

Is the only solution to disable UT bgl files?

Cheers

Mike

Hi,

No solution so far.

I have tested to get an idea of what's wrong and it seems to be something wrong in Aerosoft's ENVA airport.

This is something the Aerosoft's airport developer must look in to.

LGG

Hi Erwin,

I tested something that I should have done from the beginning, I disabled Aerosofts ENVA and used the stock airport.

with UT Urban enabled without any problems. So, Is the problem in Aerosofts ENVA airport?

Try this and see if you get the same result.

LGG

But you see that would mean if it was every single customer would have the very same issue to be honest.