US Cities X - Niagara Falls/Buffalo

Sasa

I actually did. In 6 legs... :blink:

Avoid the new AA terminal or Miami at all whenever possible. Wasn't a joy to change planes there in the past but with the new terminal it got even worse...

Bests,

Sascha

wow, then we're really lucky that we can see you back here xD

can you please show us a few new screenshots, please? seeing a little more of the city would be great, for example near the airport... of cause only if it's already done)

That's something I'd love to do but FSX simply doesn't offer a possibility to do that. Effects can move up and down, they can get smaller and bigger, they can rotate but one thing they CAN'T do is moving from one point to another on the ground (although FSX's SDK tells you they can, but it's full of mistakes anyway...).

Of course the falls are coming with some sounds (among with other sounds like ship turbines etc...), but still keep in mind that the screenshots show a very early version of the project.

Bests,

Sascha

Not certain of the particulars (especially in fsx), but is it possible to use some sort of animation technique: to cause the appearance of movement without the reality......?

Like a gif Avatar does, flashing different pictures in sequence.....?

Just finishing the ground layouts of the airports around both cities. Here are a few of them (plus a first Skylon shot):

Skylon Tower and Niagara Falls (with animated elevators)

NiagaraPreviewMay01.jpg

KBUF - Buffalo/Niagara Falls Intl

NiagaraPreviewMay02.jpg

85N - Hollands Intl

NiagaraPreviewMay03.jpg

CNJ3 - Fort Erie (Canada)

NiagaraPreviewMay04.jpg

9G0 - Buffalo Airfield

NiagaraPreviewMay05.jpg

62NY - Lockport-Cambria

NiagaraPreviewMay06.jpg

D77 - Buffalo-Lancaster

NiagaraPreviewMay07.jpg

0G0 - North Buffalo Suburban

NiagaraPreviewMay08.jpg

NY49 - Mesmer

NiagaraPreviewMay09.jpg

• Upvote 2

...and a few more!

63NY - Shear

NiagaraPreviewMay10.jpg

D80 - Olcott-Newfane

NiagaraPreviewMay11.jpg

KIAG - Niagara Falls Intl

NiagaraPreviewMay12.jpg

NY24 - Taylor Johnson

NiagaraPreviewMay13.jpg

77NY - Pendleton Airpark

NiagaraPreviewMay14.jpg

79NY - Smith

NiagaraPreviewMay15.jpg

• Upvote 2

Not certain of the particulars (especially in fsx), but is it possible to use some sort of animation technique: to cause the appearance of movement without the reality......?

Like a gif Avatar does, flashing different pictures in sequence.....?

Not a bad idea actually. I just spend another days on animations trying this out, unfortunately with an unsatisfactory result: FSX is supposed to be able to work with frame animations using a texture with its segments as a slideshow (as described in the SDK) but simply can't do it. It just jumps randomly between the "slides", meaning that a current going downstream, would jump forth and back. Conclusion: Creating rapids in FS is simply not possible.

Bests,

Sascha

Sasa : Looks really fantastic. Any date for release yet?

Beta is starting today. Only a matter of weeks from now on.

Attached is the usual KMZ file, which shows you in Google Earth what is covered in this package.

Bests,

Sascha

USCitiesX-NiagaraBuffalo.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Nick is just taking some screenshots for the product page. The scenery is finished and we will release next week. :)

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 2

Nick is just taking some screenshots for the product page. The scenery is finished and we will release next week. :)

Bests,

Sascha

super, think i'll buy it soon then

Not a bad idea actually. I just spend another days on animations trying this out, unfortunately with an unsatisfactory result: FSX is supposed to be able to work with frame animations using a texture with its segments as a slideshow (as described in the SDK) but simply can't do it. It just jumps randomly between the "slides", meaning that a current going downstream, would jump forth and back. Conclusion: Creating rapids in FS is simply not possible.

Bests,

Sascha

Too bad, it would have been cool.

I hope even the failed experiments were informative, though. Perhaps for ideas on other projects! (Moving billboards? Neon Signs?)

As an aside, since I know nothing about the internals of FSX! (Don't even know if you need keyframes) I wonder how landing lights are made to blink in the correct sequence...?

Bests,

Sascha

Did you hear that Fly Tampa is coming out with a brand new KBUF??? This will be fantastic together with your scenery!!!!

I hope even the failed experiments were informative, though. Perhaps for ideas on other projects! (Moving billboards? Neon Signs?)

Well, keep in mind that using a sequence with random jumping images even a billboard doesn't make too much sense. Would have been great for Las Vegas though...

FSX's landing lights are hard coded. But you can do stuff like that with Oliver's AES light, but this isn't free neither and only worth it with high quality airport sceneries.

Bests,

Sascha

Did you hear that Fly Tampa is coming out with a brand new KBUF??? This will be fantastic together with your scenery!!!!

Yes, Martin (FlyTampa) was so nice to contact me when it wasn't even announced so we could make sure both work well together. Our installer is actually searching for an installed version of FlyTampa's KBUF and vice versa so they do the necessary steps to make it compatible.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks for this scenery, it really looks awsome. I'm definetely going to buy it.

Btw, i somehow remember that i would have once given you a suggestion to build a scenery of Niagara Falls... ;)

I have now a new little suggestion for the future. This scenery and ManhattanX are real helicopter sceneries because

of very detailed scenery and because helicopter sightseeings are done in real life in both locations.

It's just really hard to find suitable paints for FSX choppers. It would be a really good addition to this

kind of scenery to get a local paintscheme for some chopper to be used in the scenery. I would even pay

a couple of euros more to get that paint with the scenery.

In this case the paint could be for instance Rainbow Copters and for NY Helicopter Flight Service.

Even it would be ok to me if the paints would be for the default FSX Bell 206 instead of Bell 407

(i think there is no Bell 407 for FSX).

Regards

It's just really hard to find suitable paints for FSX choppers. It would be a really good addition to this

kind of scenery to get a local paintscheme for some chopper to be used in the scenery.

The US Cities being a budget product that can't be done, sorry. But everyone is free to upload his/her own freeware liveries for helicopters to AVSIM and other sites.

We need more community activity anyway, most of it got lost in the past years. Good freeware doesn't exclude the existence of good payware. I'll add my part to it and add a finished freeware scenery of Wasserkuppe airfield soon. Maybe you can have a look into liveries in between. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Just Purchased and installed and I must say that you have outdone yourselves. Great scenery and Great Job to all at Aerosoft, very good frame rates and very detailed scenery, this will give me hours of enjoyment Thank You and have a Great day.

Bill