US Cities X - Niagara Falls/Buffalo

Sasa

To be honest, this is not a 100% "US City" because it also covers a part of Canada. :)

List of features to be included:

• Niagara City covered with high res aerial images, an extremely high resolution mesh terrain and the usual 3D stuff on both sides of the border
  • Cool animated Niagara Falls, the Maid of the Mist running up and down to the falls (animated of course) and more...
  • Detailed sightseeng helipads on both sides of the border
  • Small and large airports around Niagara Falls and Buffalo covered with aerial images and autogen
  • Buffalo City with high res aerial image and 3D stuff - as usual :)

More screens coming soon.

NiagaraPreviewApril01.jpg

NiagaraPreviewApril02.jpg

NiagaraPreviewApril03.jpg

NiagaraPreviewApril04.jpg

BuffaloPreviewApril01.jpg

hey,

a little question: what about the water befor and behind the falls? can you see that it flowes to/away of the falls?

and another little thing: is it possible that you can put the "islands" a little higher then the water? i think that would look more realistic, dosn't it?

and a few trees would make it looking ... let's say better, ok?

the rest of the area looks great!

i think this is a must buy for me, even if these points above aren't "fixed". can you make a few shoots of buffalo airport please?

thanks if you do!

regards

Emi

can you see that it flowes to/away of the falls?

That's something I'd love to do but FSX simply doesn't offer a possibility to do that. Effects can move up and down, they can get smaller and bigger, they can rotate but one thing they CAN'T do is moving from one point to another on the ground (although FSX's SDK tells you they can, but it's full of mistakes anyway...).

Of course the falls are coming with some sounds (among with other sounds like ship turbines etc...), but still keep in mind that the screenshots show a very early version of the project.

Bests,

Sascha

• Aerosoft

I'm currently working on one of the helipads included in this scenery and just found a nice video featuring it here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=czu3SNiARtE

Bests,

Sascha

Also the young blond ecstatically happy females in the vid?

• Upvote 1

Hello!hi_s.gif

Very nice scenery.

One could still add the boat station of the "Maid of the Mist" and the Skylon Tower. (or I sees Him only not on de pictures)

The landmarks MUST be present.

Stephan

One could still add the boat station of the "Maid of the Mist" and the Skylon Tower. (or I sees Him only not on de pictures)

First is there (there are actually two, one on the US, one on the Canadian side).

Second: Will be done of course!

Bests,

Sascha

How does the Canadian side look?

Uhm... I may be mistaken, but don't most of the screenshots shown so far actually show the Canadian side? :blink:

Bests,

Sascha

I'm now leaving for a 3 week vacation (guess what: Canada :D ) and just wanted to provide you with the latest preview screenshot of the US helipad before I leave.

NiagaraPreviewApril07.jpg

Development will continue when I'm back in office.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 2

I'm now leaving for a 3 week vacation (guess what: Canada :D ) and just wanted to provide you with the latest preview screenshot of the US helipad before I leave.

Development will continue when I'm back in office.

Bests,

Sascha

have a nice holyday, and we all hope you'll come back very soon, to bring us more great scenery.

hope you don't fly american airlnes, because we want to "see" you back in one piece on the airport, and not in million pieces, somewhere shortly after the runway...^^

• 3 weeks later...

That's something I'd love to do but FSX simply doesn't offer a possibility to do that. Effects can move up and down, they can get smaller and bigger, they can rotate but one thing they CAN'T do is moving from one point to another on the ground (although FSX's SDK tells you they can, but it's full of mistakes anyway...).

Of course the falls are coming with some sounds (among with other sounds like ship turbines etc...), but still keep in mind that the screenshots show a very early version of the project.

Bests,

Sascha

Dear Sascha,

I don't have any knowledge of building what so ever with SDK or whatever program you have to use.

Your answer makes me curious.

If you say, "you cant things move from one point to another", how is it possible that I see little traffic move from one point to another on the ground.

Can't you make water move like cars?

Not a very important question, so only answer if you have a moment nothing better to do biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Eric

• Aerosoft

I notice the model says "Helicopter Rides", will this include AI helos from Niagra Helicopters?

I have never actually see good AI helicopter traffic (we looked at it in detail for Manhattan X), is there a new development there i missed?

I have never actually see good AI helicopter traffic (we looked at it in detail for Manhattan X), is there a new development there i missed?

There is a payware product from Flight1 called HeliTraffic 2009, but I didn't try it yet.

Can't you make water move like cars?

Nope, unfortunately not. I could insert that as AI boat traffic but boat traffic has to go back and forth, meaning a wave going down the river would have to go back up again afterwards. Would look rather strange... Not mentioning the frame impact by adding every single wave as an AI boat with schedule.

Bests,

Sascha

hope you don't fly american airlnes, because we want to "see" you back in one piece on the airport, and not in million pieces, somewhere shortly after the runway...^^

I actually did. In 6 legs... :blink:

Avoid the new AA terminal or Miami at all whenever possible. Wasn't a joy to change planes there in the past but with the new terminal it got even worse...

Bests,

Sascha