Aerosoft Mega Airport Orly

I know from my own shopping behavior that I tend to go to the FSX side of the store primarily because I'm used to. For some time, the FSX/FS2004 products did not appear in your new store, and so I was forced to go to the FSX side of your store. Not because I wanted the FSX version per se, but because I wanted a FSX/FS2004 package that didn't appear in your FS9 store. And now I still go to the FSX side of the store most of the time because that's my current habit.

It is the same for me too.

Your latest products appear only at FSX section in your webstore. If anyone wants to buy the FS2004 version, it's the only way to do it via FSX section. And you are saying "We also got new data from our shop system that indicates that FS9 is commercially not very important. 4 out of 5 people go to products pages via the FSX way at this moment." I think the reason is clear

Thanks

We also got new data from our shop system that indicates that FS9 is commercially not very important. 4 out of 5 people go to products pages via the FSX way at this moment. Supporting the sales for pure FS2004 versus pure FSX rather well. As said we'll see. If we think it pays for the development we'll most likely do it, the profit for sure will need to come from the FSX sales as with everything now.

Like Thralni, Vee One and Alp said if there's only one way to access the sceneries be careful with statistics... you can easily make a misinterpretation.

Until this year, I bought all my Aerosoft sceneries on Simmarket. All of them are most of the time for both version FS9/FSX. On Simmarket, they're on the same page and when you buy a scenery you have both versions (like on Aerosoft Website). I download both version even if 90% of the time I'll not install FSX one. One day when I'll change my PC to a much powerful one, I'll probably install all of them to FSX. But 'till today, all of them have been installed on FS9 for online flying with PMDG/LevelD airliners.

I'm french, living in France near Paris so of course I bought Mega Airport Paris CDG 2008/X. I'm travelling several times in the year (in real life) to Nice airport so I have reasons to want it too. And you have a beautiful one for FSX, but I didn't buy it 'cause it's only for FSX.

Did you compare how many copies of Mega Airport Paris CDG 2008/X you have sold vs Nice Cote d'Azur X ? I'm just curious... and it could be interesting to compare international sales to only french market sales (if you can separate french customers from the rest of the world).

As far as I know lot of your sales are boxed products (which contains for most of them both versions). In this case, how do you know which version your customers install ?

Best regards,

No need to let me know you want the FS9 version gents. We know. We also got new data from our shop system that indicates that FS9 is commercially not very important. 4 out of 5 people go to products pages via the FSX way at this moment. Supporting the sales for pure FS2004 versus pure FSX rather well. As said we'll see. If we think it pays for the development we'll most likely do it, the profit for sure will need to come from the FSX sales as with everything now.

Isn't that because that is how the products are now listed?? If I go in under FS2004 products only some of them are listed.... If I go in under FSX then all the FS2004 pruducts are listed too as in FS2004/FSX. Sounds to me to be your way of twisting the statistics in your favour..... I have an i7 rig and have just installed FSX to run alongside FS2004 but still textures load slow, the sim freezes and jutters. Either I am missing something or I need a computer on the scale of what you find at NASA to run FSX at a good rate!!! ???

• Upvote 1

Hi,

it's like to tilt at windmills... ;)

In this case I doubt Mathijs opinion with his indication via the FSX way too.

But - I wrote this in the german part a view days ago in another content:

If s.o. doesn't want to do s.th. and only is forced from others to do so (against his opinion), the output will never be great.

So if Mathijs and Peter find enough reasons against a FS9-version (it's not neccessary to follow their conclusion), it's better they stay on the FSX version and make this one as best as possible. And I know Peter for a long time, it will be a great addon like Madeira and Nizza.

That's a simple fact for me. I'm sure it will lead to nothing when this thread is captured by fs9-freaks any longer. We should wait, look and fly to other destinations which will appear the next months for FS9.

I haven't enough time to fly to these airports, so my life won't depend on a FS9-Orly.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Like Thralni, Vee One and Alp said if there's only one way to access the sceneries be careful with statistics... you can easily make a misinterpretation.

Until this year, I bought all my Aerosoft sceneries on Simmarket. All of them are most of the time for both version FS9/FSX. On Simmarket, they're on the same page and when you buy a scenery you have both versions (like on Aerosoft Website). I download both version even if 90% of the time I'll not install FSX one. One day when I'll change my PC to a much powerful one, I'll probably install all of them to FSX. But 'till today, all of them have been installed on FS9 for online flying with PMDG/LevelD airliners.

That's the same for me ! When I see 2 version fs2004/FSX I download the 2 version, but I play with FS2004 !

I buy a new computeur there is some week ( not a NASA computeur <;)) )... I have FSX and FS2004 ... (I'am not "sado-maso" )... which programme I ré-install on this new computeur. ???

Answer : FS2004

Aerosoft ... why do you no make on global référendum for ask the question to all people ? ... Sorry for bad English.

I'm french, living in France near Paris so of course I bought Mega Airport Paris CDG 2008/X. I'm travelling several times in the year (in real life) to Nice airport so I have reasons to want it too. And you have a beautiful one for FSX, but I didn't buy it 'cause it's only for FSX.

Did you compare how many copies of Mega Airport Paris CDG 2008/X you have sold vs Nice Cote d'Azur X ? I'm just curious... and it could be interesting to compare international sales to only french market sales (if you can separate french customers from the rest of the world).

As far as I know lot of your sales are boxed products (which contains for most of them both versions). In this case, how do you know which version your customers install ?

Best regards,

Isn't that because that is how the products are now listed?? If I go in under FS2004 products only some of them are listed.... If I go in under FSX then all the FS2004 pruducts are listed too as in FS2004/FSX. Sounds to me to be your way of twisting the statistics in your favour..... I have an i7 rig and have just installed FSX to run alongside FS2004 but still textures load slow, the sim freezes and jutters. Either I am missing something or I need a computer on the scale of what you find at NASA to run FSX at a good rate!!! ???

That's the same for me ! When I see 2 version fs2004/FSX I download the 2 version, but I play with FS2004 !

I buy a new computeur there is some week ( not a NASA computeur <;)) )... I have FSX and FS2004 ... (I'am not "sado-maso" )... which programme I ré-install on this new computeur. ???

Answer : FS2004

Aerosoft ... why do you no make on global référendum for ask the question to all people ? ... Sorry for bad English.

Only to add one thing: When AFS launches, I still believe the computers won't arrive to FSX levels of good FPS. So why "bother" changing now when in about 2 years we can have a brand-new-well-written code simulator? Then I'll have a good excuse to change my computer (I do that every 2 or 3 years). I just hope AFS is coded in a way to use all of the RAM and video card strenth, not only the number of cores and it's clock speed.

@ Rainer: We are not FS9 "freeks". It's not about a FS9 battle against FSX here. We are FS9 users that are in fact customers of yours. And if many of us are here is because there is demand (at least for the Mega Airport series). We LOVE your products, that's why we care. No freaky business here.

EDIT: P.S: I am loving every screen shot of this airport. Thanks for showing! :)

so my life won't depend on a FS9-Orly.

Ciao,

Rainer.

There are dozens of great german or spanish sceneries. But how many good french sceneries on the Aerosoft products list ?

Of course our life won't depend on a FS9 or even a FSX Orly (or other scenery). But as a customer, I prefer when an editor or distributor listen to us...

• Upvote 1

@ Rainer: We are not FS9 "freeks". It's not about a FS9 battle against FSX here. We are FS9 users that are in fact customers of yours. And if many of us are here is because there is demand (at least for the Mega Airport series). We LOVE your products, that's why we care. No freaky business here.

Hear hear!

Rob

I would like to add my vote for a FS9 Orly.

FWIW I have spent a lot of money on FS9 scenery this year and will probably be buying all of Aerosoft's future Fs9 sceneries. B)

• Aerosoft

No need to apologize for your English, if we understand it is near perfect and if anybody makes a joke about it he'll be banned for a looooong time.

We do ask our customers what they like, we do have surveys to find out what they buy. But it's limited, only 5% of our customers participate in these forums (so what ever you read here is the opinion of a very small, very vocal group, not at all representing the overall customer). But about 1% of customers gets asked how they use the products and that gives us a good impression. Next to that we got the buyers of the big stores, we make what the ask because they sell large numbers. That's why you will simply not find any pure FS2004 product in boxed form, no shop wants to order it because they all know it just does not sell.

So we do have rather good info. And if you do not mind me saying so, compare the FS add-on companies why did NOT jump on the FSX bandwagon like Aerosoft. We are growing, in fact we are growing very fast. We hired 10 new people in the last year. Just phone around and find me any other FS add-on company that hired new staff. You will not find any.

In the end it is all a non issue. We'll do what we know we can sell. As I said there really is no need to tell me you like a FS2004 version. We know the forum users want it. But we need a few thousand and in 2010 there simply is limited demand for addons for a software project that was closed in 2003 and does not use most of the hardware our users have. Don't blame us for that. If you order 3000 copies of Mega Airport Orly for FS2004 we'll make it for sure and it will look stunning.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Well we also know what files are actually downloaded (and those are FSX and FS2004 specific) and they give us a rather good impression. You think we are twisting the statistics in our favor but take a step back and read what you wrote. We are not in this for the hobby, but for the money. We sell what you buy. If FS2004 addons would outsell FSX addons we would very much focus on those would we not? If we are so wrong and still growing as we do the other FS add-on companies must really be doing something wrong right? Heck, with your insight in the market you could be making serious money handing FS2004 add-ons! Only kidding, jerking your chain. Please do not sell you house to start a FS2004 add-on distribution.

You obviously got your mind made up. When we read about 'NASA' etc we more or less ignore FSX and will try to sell you FS2004 products as much as possible. We do have a lot of FS2004 add-ons (in fact we released more then ANYBODY else in the last 18 months !) and they are very good. Most of our customer have very simple computers (<800 euro like me) and have great fun with FSX. I am sorry you do not. It's all an issue that has been chewed out many many time. Many time on this forum and that why we simple refer people to the original discussions and hope there is a new insight. There has not been one for close to 18 months, so I think we can say it is indeed chewed out. If you like to discuss this issue please use the first link, it's the only place we like to hear about it. If you are unhappy with your fps, check the second link, and several other links like that on the internet. If all of that does not help we think you should either talk to MS or the people who sold you the hardware.

FSX versus FS2004

Why do I get 50 fps and you not

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

There are dozens of great german or spanish sceneries. But how many good french sceneries on the Aerosoft products list ?

Of course our life won't depend on a FS9 or even a FSX Orly (or other scenery). But as a customer, I prefer when an editor or distributor listen to us...

But we do. Why do you think we do not? I mean we are a successful FS add-on company right now, we grow, we expand, something the others (many of those our friends) do not. If you think there is a market we should explore and you got good data to show there is something like that we most certainly will listen to you.

The French market is a complex one. Not only because of piracy (though that is a big issue on the French market) but also because French airports are not always easy to get access to. If you know we often got to pay 500 euro an hour (!) to get access for the images we need and that the French retail business is one of the hardest to get into you might understand. I live in France, we got a person in our HQ dedicated to the French market, we are even close to opening a Aerosoft France office (no other FS addon company has that). That all should show you that we do care.

Now I repeat. Why do you think we do not listen? Seriously, tell me, we might learn something and get more customers.

So .... I've read many post about FS9/FSX , so this scenery will be develop only for FSX or for both ???

For what I've read and understood of Mr. Mathijs I understand there will be only a FSX version.

Oh well, I'll still enjoy the FS9/FSX version I bought of Paris Charles-de-Gaulle. I love that scenery! :)

By the way, my next flight due today is from New-York to Paris CDG on an Air France B777-300ER (NC).

I've understood the same think as you , but I would like to have a clear answer of my question by Mr. Mathijs , because after my deception of NIZZA only for FSX I hope that they are not going to do the same thing with Orly !!!! Because if you ( AEROSOFT TEAM ) do this scenery only for FSX explain me why you develop munich for FS9/FSX ? I don't think that you'll sell more munich addon than orly addon , isn't it ?

If you order 3000 copies of Mega Airport Orly for FS2004 we'll make it for sure and it will look stunning.

Do you really need 3000 Mega Airport Orly for FS2004 copies sold for covering extra development time for this specific version when it's developed for FSX ?

The hardest thing to understand from an old customer point of view is that all actual Aerosoft german sceneries are for FS9/FSX, all spanish sceneries are for FS9/FSX, and even the latest Luxembourg scenery has been done for both sim. And now Orly (2nd french airport just behind CDG done for FS9/FSX), that has probably a much higher potential customers number than Luxembourg, will be a FSX only scenery ???

The French market is a complex one. Not only because of piracy (though that is a big issue on the French market)...

Sure it's a complex market but about piracy, I was reading an article in a newspaper last week about this "problem". The conclusion was that piracy is not more present in France than in other similar european countries. The only difference is that politics/media are doing a lot of noise about piracy.

But we do. Why do you think we do not? I mean we are a successful FS add-on company right now, we grow, we expand, something the others (many of those our friends) do not. If you think there is a market we should explore and you got good data to show there is something like that we most certainly will listen to you.

Now I repeat. Why do you think we do not listen? Seriously, tell me, we might learn something and get more customers.

Mathijs, I didn't say you're not listening to your customers, I know you are and that's why I hope there'll be an FS9 version of Paris Orly like Luxembourg, Barcelona, Munich and so on...

... explain me why you develop munich for FS9/FSX ? I don't think that you'll sell more munich addon than orly addon , isn't it ?

Hi,

that's easy. Nizza and Orly are developed by Peter Werlitz. He works for Aerosoft, they have to pay him as an employer. An internal development. So Aerosoft and Mathijs of course can decide, what he has to do. Aerosoft has to earn money with every decision they make. And so it's consequent - looking at Mathijs collected information about FSX/FS9.

Munich is developed by Thomas Hirsch from German Airports Team. So - like sim-wings (Barcelona, Baleares) too - they are more independent from internal Aerosoft decisions and are able to decide on their own what they do.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Do you really need 3000 Mega Airport Orly for FS2004 copies sold for covering extra development time for this specific version when it's developed for FSX ?

The hardest thing to understand from an old customer point of view is that all actual Aerosoft german sceneries are for FS9/FSX, all spanish sceneries are for FS9/FSX, and even the latest Luxembourg scenery has been done for both sim. And now Orly (2nd french airport just behind CDG done for FS9/FSX), that has probably a much higher potential customers number than Luxembourg, will be a FSX only scenery ???

100% agree !!!!

Very nice pictures, very nice Airport.

Mathjis,

I know you have to do your job, but I have the impression you definetly want to be the Altair of FS9. ;)

Anyhow (as already posted by others before): No FS9 Version, no deal with me! ;)

Regards,

one of the unimportant <1% FS9-Product shoppers! Btw, online!

I thougt this tread is about showing preview Pictures of the upcoming Airport and not a discussion of a "political" decision made by aerosoft?

Personaly I can understand their Position and I do respect their decision. Thats why I am using FSX now. And I don't regret it!

But please use another tread to discuss with aerosoft about their Position on that issue.

Thanks Cheers Jan

• Upvote 1