Aerosoft Mega Airport Orly

• Aerosoft

Scheduled for release before high summer, here is a first shot of Orly in FSX. Don't start asking too many questions right now, we do not have a lot to say about it at this moment. We will have full product specification in a few weeks.

I can tell you however that it is looking mighty good at this moment!

001.png

• Upvote 4

Looks great so far...a must for a summertime flight! :lol:

PS...what happened to the FSX versions of Amsterdam Schiphol and/or Munich??? I guess there not going to make it by the end April? :(

Darryl

I remember reading a few weeks ago, I think in the Dutch Harbor section of the forum about your guys doing PANC. Any idea on when that project will be going?

Thanks for your time.

Now that is VERY impressive! Mathijs, when you are able to gather more informaton such as FS9, can you reveal the developer? I am very interested indeed!

Good news! Looking forward to more news, I too hope there will be a FS9 version. Even if not, though, I'll simply get the scenery when I have FSX running well. It'd be nice to fly into Orly, since it's a lot less hectic over there.

Orly finally,

As the people from Rungis would say (or would they as direct neighbours).

Here is a musical link that dates back to the early 1960's. Gilbert Becaud was a great French crooner who, in such instance, wrote a song about Orly (the main Parisian airport in those days). It's kind of corny undoubtedly, but mind you it's pretty old (dig the Hammond sound, notably), as is the airport itself.

The song celebrates the symbol of freedom portrayed by these great aircraft "freely" droning through immediate airspace, 24/7, onto distant romantic, uncertain places; all this seen from the idealistic eyes of an 8 to 5er, living in the Grey Paris suburbs adjacent to Orly, whose short-term dream is to catch up with those birds on Sunday when he finally has a moment to spare for himself.

Orly maintains, to this day, a 60-ish atmosphere. It is old and cheesy, old and worn, yet retains a certain mystique. It is an architectural anomaly, an anachronism, as if you'd expect a Caravelle, followed by a B-707 to rip through the enlivened skies.

I look forward to Orly by Aerosoft. In the meantime, here is the link to the song that used to put plane spotters to sleep better than a nursery rhyme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qIQK1dG-0

"...Oui j'irai, dimanche à Orly..."

Happy flying

Kevin

• Upvote 1

Though its only 1 preview shot I would say that it looks amazing! Looking forward to this add-on! Bravo to the developers aka people who worked on this project! Cheers.rolleyes.gif

With Regards

Alex

Hi Mathijs,

Happy to ear some official news about Orly. I only hope it will also available for FS9 as this airport is only used for IFR flights and most of us still use FS9 for this kind of flights.

Best regards,

Emmanuel

Hi Mathijs.

I didnt find the term "high summer" in my englisch-german dictionary.

I think the meaning of "Hochsommer" is "midsummer" ?!

Cheers

fupsi

Very good new. :P

I hope there will not be any problem with shimmering.

I remember these problems with Nice Airport and the nVidia cards <_< .

Great airport indeed!

I have been a lot of times loading in UPS just beside the Orly airport. Amazing place to planespot there!

By the way, It's nice to see all the people here ask for a FS9 version. I still think there is a mighty "army" of FS9 users yet...:lol:

Now it's my turn to say it: I'd love it for FS9 too! ^_^

Happy flying!

Vee One

• Aerosoft

Orly finally,

As the people from Rungis would say (or would they as direct neighbours).

Here is a musical link that dates back to the early 1960's. Gilbert Becaud was a great French crooner who, in such instance, wrote a song about Orly (the main Parisian airport in those days). It's kind of corny undoubtedly, but mind you it's pretty old (dig the Hammond sound, notably), as is the airport itself.

The song celebrates the symbol of freedom portrayed by these great aircraft "freely" droning through immediate airspace, 24/7, onto distant romantic, uncertain places; all this seen from the idealistic eyes of an 8 to 5er, living in the Grey Paris suburbs adjacent to Orly, whose short-term dream is to catch up with those birds on Sunday when he finally has a moment to spare for himself.

Orly maintains, to this day, a 60-ish atmosphere. It is old and cheesy, old and worn, yet retains a certain mystique. It is an architectural anomaly, an anachronism, as if you'd expect a Caravelle, followed by a B-707 to rip through the enlivened skies.

I look forward to Orly by Aerosoft. In the meantime, here is the link to the song that used to put plane spotters to sleep better than a nursery rhyme.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l_qIQK1dG-0

"...Oui j'irai, dimanche à Orly..."

Happy flying

Kevin

Gawd that bring back memories... I am not THAT old but I got very nice memories tot that song.