Battery Drain Issue

fo.manush

Hi,

I have just transitioned to fsx for this plane and just wanted to confirm a slight issue I had with the A300 in my last flight.

After about 15-20mins into the preflight I lose all power even though I have the external power connected or the APU running.

I just wish to confirm if this is a similar issue to the fs9 battery drain or whether I am not configuring the plane correctly.

Please let me know how to solve this very minor issue.

Thanks

Dewang

Hi,

I have just transitioned to fsx for this plane and just wanted to confirm a slight issue I had with the A300 in my last flight.

After about 15-20mins into the preflight I lose all power even though I have the external power connected or the APU running.

I just wish to confirm if this is a similar issue to the fs9 battery drain or whether I am not configuring the plane correctly.

Please let me know how to solve this very minor issue.

Thanks

Dewang

Hi Dewang,

When you have the APU running did you connect the generator to the electrics in the electrics panel ? The same question for external power, simply connecting group power by itself is not sufficient, you also have to switch it on in electrics panel.

Björn

Hi Dewang,

When you have the APU running did you connect the generator to the electrics in the electrics panel ? The same question for external power, simply connecting group power by itself is not sufficient, you also have to switch it on in electrics panel.

Björn

Hi Bjorn,

It is very likely that I mis-configured something (as I mentioned in my initial post) so I will have a look in the coming days and let you know how I go.

Cheers

Dewang

• 7 months later...

I had the same problem the first time I powered up the A300. Everything was fine until I selected the APU generator ON, when all the lights went out, although electrical meters were showing volts and amps as expected. Of course it may have been a coincidence and the battery ran out just as I switched the GEN on. I tried connecting the external power but this made no difference although the ground cart model appeared externally and external power showed in the electrical panel (apart from EXTERNAL POWER lights).

I had just reinstalled FSX, and realised I hadn't reinstalled FSUIPC. I did so, restarted FSX and the electrical power worked fine. I don't know whether FSUIPC was the problem or if it was FSX flat battery syndrome.

• 1 month later...