Ultimate Traffic 2 or My Traffic 2010

Habit

I am looking to populate FSX with AI, I did this a lot with Project AI in FS2004 and World of AI. These do not seem to work for me in FSX, I would appreciate your views on which is the better product. The majority of my flying is done with heavies from PMDG but I also like the idea of creating my own traffic at smaller GA airfields.

I am looking to populate FSX with AI, I did this a lot with Project AI in FS2004 and World of AI. These do not seem to work for me in FSX, I would appreciate your views on which is the better product. The majority of my flying is done with heavies from PMDG but I also like the idea of creating my own traffic at smaller GA airfields.

I have both My Traffic and UT2 and - personally- I prefer UT2. Nice models, easy to use and you can add your own traffic with the new UT2 Power Pack.

Isaiah,

Thanks for the swift reply, I would like to get it today, I was concerned that it may be too focused on the USA airfields, I do a lot of my flying in Europe and the UK.

Isaiah,

Thanks for the swift reply, I would like to get it today, I was concerned that it may be too focused on the USA airfields, I do a lot of my flying in Europe and the UK.

No problem, and concerning Europe: Don't worry, your airports and airspace will fill up nicely :)

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I have both as well and came to the opposite conclusion.

For one, MyTraffic just seems to have a much larger selection of Ai craft, including military craft.

The Ut2 models are more detailed (which is great!) but they are not mip-mapped like the Mytraffic models, and have a bad case of aliasing when seen from any distance except right on top of them.

The MyTraffic planes come with some great sound effects, whereas the UT2 planes are pretty silent (although you can buy a sound pack that works with them)

I noticed a tendency (which may have been fixed by now?) for Ut2 aircraft to fly right through one another on final approach....

They are both great packages, but for right now at least, I found Mytraffic to be more versatile at the moment, while I view UT2 as having future potential.

My 2 cents. ;)

Thanks for that, I have been speaking to a couple of people that have remarked that My Taffic has a better diversity of traffic, military, GA and Airliners. I think it will be My Traffic followed by UT2 later.

Thanks for that, I have been speaking to a couple of people that have remarked that My Taffic has a better diversity of traffic, military, GA and Airliners. I think it will be My Traffic followed by UT2 later.

Bear in mind that UT2 has real flight schedules with proper flightplans and you also have the ability to fly any flight in the schedules yourself (as long as you have a suitable aircraft)

I have to say, I don't like the Mip maps on the MyTraffic planes.

In UT2, some are included and the textures get blurred until you come closer.

Anpther aspect is that you can create your own cargo flights very fast with the so called Power Pack.

And the MyTraffic planes will fly through each other too, because this is a Fs issue!

Chris

And the MyTraffic planes will fly through each other too, because this is a Fs issue!

Chris

Yes this is an FS issue. Once you load an airport you have to let the traffic cool down about 20min. Although no one wants to wait 20 min you can accelerate the speed of the sim max x4 (Above x4 the traffic will not load or be active).

If though you are flying long distances with a high simulator speed above x4 and you don't want to have a lot of traffic while landing it is better if you slow the speed to x4 on about 150 mile before the destination airport.

Yes this is an FS issue. Once you load an airport you have to let the traffic cool down about 20min. Although no one wants to wait 20 min you can accelerate the speed of the sim max x4 (Above x4 the traffic will not load or be active).

If though you are flying long distances with a high simulator speed above x4 and you don't want to have a lot of traffic while landing it is better if you slow the speed to x4 on about 150 mile before the destination airport.

Maybe I should clarify. Even at 100% traffic, MytrafficX seems (to me) to launch and land planes at fairly random-seeming intervals. (Which can be good or bad)

UT2 on the other hand, with its (apparently) real-life scheduling, can saturate the sky at 100%, especially at large, busy airports, which means planes landing every few minutes (or even simultaneously on different runways)

Very nice for watching from the control tower! :D

On the other hand, this tendency to saturate the sky and have planes at low intervals seemed (to me) to exacerbate the FSX issue to the point that planes flying through one another seemed more prevalent in UT2.

It was not a deal-breaker by any means, but simply one consideration amongst many to keep in mind when deciding which to keep as my primary AI