WinchX- Problem !

Hello

I just downloaded the WinchX, I followed everything as it says in the readme. So the bit when you have to go to modules and then double clikc on WinchX.exe I get some type of a error (0xc0000135) and then it says press ok to close the application. I tried removing it and put a new one in but it won't work again.I have FSX service pack 2. I also did it manually but still when i open FSX it doesn't ask me to open WinchX. If anyone knows anything please help.

Thank You Mateusz

• 2 months later...

Hope you can help me Peter,

When I run WinchX, after all the voice commands and take up slack, I hear the chains and then a clunk. All my yoke and rudder pedal inputs stop working and the Glider is still sat on the ground.

I have had WinchX working once the first time it was installed but I do not know what I have done to stop it working properly.

Hi Ivan,

make sure that you are neither in slew nor in paused mode.

best regards,

Peter

Peter

I did not notice the pause message at the bottom of the screen. Doh!

Made sure I set the Pause on task switch to "off"

Thankyou very much for your help.

• 2 months later...

I have another WinchX problem.

In some gliders mostly the high performance ones (ASW-28, LS8-18 Wolfgang piper's, DG-801 FS default) the glider pitchs up very abrubtly on launch with only very slight back pressure on the yoke. Any counter adjustment to correct this puts the glider into a steep dive.

I have tried allsorts of launch speeds and cable links but this seems to have no effect.

The heavier trainer gliders such as the Ka- series and the Let blanik seem to launch very well indeed.

Any help would be appreciated Peter.

Hi Ivan,

this really weird and I don't have a clue yet. In particular with the stock DG 808 it should work right away

Could you tell something about your hardware, OS, FPS and so on?

Cpuld tell a particular bad example?

regards, Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ivan,

this really weird and I don't have a clue yet. In particular with the stock DG 808 it should work right away

Could you tell something about your hardware, OS, FPS and so on?

Cpuld tell a particular bad example?

regards, Peter

Well had another go tonight with WinchX and all went well. Must of had some sort of conflict before but have not the foggiest what it could have been.

• 1 year later...

Hello Everybody. I decided not to open a new thread, instead I will extend this one...

I am not able to launch this application, most probably because SimConnect is not in the version in which it has to be. Please note CumulusX! v1.8.1 is working flawless.

Is there a way to provide registry keys to use specific simconnect.dll ? I do not want to uninstall Acceleration pack, since it will definitely screw up something.

Guten Abend Peter,

I only have 'Winch X! has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program' - Event Viewer does not show any Application Errors. I have seen somewhere a tool to grab the logs when launching WinchX! but this log is empty here :/

This is W7Pro x64. FSX + Acceleration Pack (no SP2 was installed manually)

Peter, I have it working :)

What was done? I have downloaded WinchX! installer once again and launch the program from the archive itself, not allowing the entry to exe.xml. It worked. So I overwrite all the files in Modules and Misc folders and lauch the program again - Error. I have launched the WinchX! from archive once again and it did work. I have renamed 'WinchX!' to 'WinchX' in Modules folder and it is working finally. Editing the exe.xml (removing exclamation mark from the path) allows to autostart WinchX!

Thanks a lot for the help

Hi Ender,

a bit non-standard installation, hopefully not producing double installation if an update comes. I think you haven't done the install with the admin option initially. You can try it once more by extracting the archive first, and then executing "install" with righ-click and "Run as admin". The "!" was surely not the reason for the problem.

best regards,

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

The "!" was surely not the reason for the problem.

Just thought I'd follow up on this as I have had the same problem for many months, and yesterday I happened across this thread in looking for a solution. Well, the solution was the same - i.e. removing the '!' from the folder name made everything work again.

I have one other bit of information, which is that I am pretty sure my WinchX stopped working right after I installed Luciano Napolitano's Key2Mouse (www.wideview.it). I don't know why this should be, but I have two further observations about Key2Mouse. First, the installer did something very nasty that corrupted my mouse pointer which, if I recmember correctly, fixed itself when I rebooted Windows. And second, Key2Mouse appears to be a very old utility, evidently designed for 16-bit Windows and which installs some very old custom controls and stuff. It would not be surprising if it is barely, or not quite, compatible with modern 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. Although having said that, it may be the installer that's at fault, as the program did work for me once it was installed.

Hi Mark,

so far you are the only two persons (at least to my knowledge) who came to the conclusion that removine "!" solved a problem with WinchX!.

Regarding the "key2mouse"-utility would be interesting to have a look at EXE.XML. I remember that long ago there was a case in which installation of another add-on screwed up the xml-startup files of FSX, leading failures of the remaining add-ons.

Nevertheless, clarification is worthwhile, to prevent future problems.

Have a nice Christmas time and a happy new year,

Peter