Unalaska Dutch Harbor, initial release issue

I take that back. I put Dutch Harbor on top, and all went well.

I am however having some issues with disappearing runway borderlines on both sides as I taxi.

The scenery config file includes the AFD entry. But it may be that it is only referring to the one included with EDDF, and has not been updated for Dutch Harbor?

Is this what Rob was referring to?

Trouble in Dutch Harbor.

Here are some pictures.

Padu1.jpg

Without PNW active

padu2.jpg

Without PNW active

padu3.jpg

Without PNW active

padu4.jpg

Without PNW active

padu5.jpg

Without PNW active

padu6.jpg

Without PNW active

padu7.jpg

Without PNW active

padu8withPNW.jpg

With PNW active

padu9withPNW.jpg

With PNW active

padu10withPNW.jpg

With PNW active

padu11withPNW.jpg

With PNW active

I have AF2_PADU_DutchHarborX_ALT.BGL in the right place, AFD in higher priority.

I have Global 2010 Mesh, UTX series Alaska, Canada, USA and Europe, GEX North America and Europe and Pacfific NorthWest installed.

Also Tongrass and Vancouver for FSAddon.

First you should disable ground scenery shadows (although this feature should not necessarily create trouble using the addon), then disable the other addons to find the reason.

I guess they're all compatible but one of them sets the airport altitude back to 0.0 MSL. You're sure there's no other file for that in the scenery/world or /BASE folder?

Here is what I have for the area in the scenery/world/scenery file:

AF2_IKO_DutchHarborX_ALT

AF2_PADU_DutchHarborX_ALT

UTX_PADU_AP

In my aerosoft/afd folder, I have the following:

AF2_PADU_DutchHarborX

In the scenery config section, I have the following:

[Area.201]

Title=Dutch Harbor X

Layer=194

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Aerosoft\Dutch Harbor X

[Area.202]

Title=AerosoftAFD

Layer=181

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Afd

If I put AFD above Dutch Harbor, I get the issues. If I put Dutch Harbor on top, then the only issue is with the disappearing runway edge lines.

I am also using UTX Alaska, and GEX USA version 1.09 (latest release).

I tested with ground scenery shadows off, and it doesn't affect the scenery. I have disabled PADU in UTX Alaska via setup tool, so that shouldn't be the case either.

I have no other file inside the World folder and Base folder that indicates Padu other than what Waleed mention here, although my UTX_PADU_AP say xxx instead of bgl.

And another thing that I find strange is that the AI-traffic that lands on rwy 30 apperars to come straight out of the mountain. This must be the file called Traffic_PADU_FSX.bgl.

I have a file called PADU_FS9-Objects_LibraryV100.bgl along with another called PADU_Objects_LibraryV100.bgl. Also another called PADU_3D_Ground_2002_tweaked.bgl.

Specially the one with FS9 makes me susipcious but the ground file tweaked also.

What should be in the Dutch Harbor scenery folder?

Don't try to find anything smelly in the Dutch Harbor X folder. ;)

It's only those files from other addons that should worry, that is for example the file "UTX_PADU_AP". Make a backup folder and put it there, maybe FSX still loads it even if it's not a BGL file.

There's no way to make AI do the correct approach, so sometimes aircraft will come through the mountains.

Approach??? Correct way??? Go through mountains??? :blink:

Was that not the only way to get there???? Through the mountains??? :lol:

Great Scenery all the way, and a lot more fun than I ever thought it would be.

P.S. I will try deleting "UTX_PADU_AP" and see what happens tonight. My solution so far was to have AFD below the scenery, and not above.

• Upvote 1

Thorsten, I removed "UTX_PADU_AP", and put the Aerosoft AFD on top and all is well. Everything is where it should be, and the runway edge lines are there.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

All that is missing now is the ability to land (safely and correctly). :P

• 2 weeks later...

I usually wait until the first patch is released, but it's a too wonderful scenery to wait anymore. Is there any 1.01 version coming or should I order it right now?

You could wait for a 1.01 but that might take months as I don't have any (serious) bug reports. :)

There will be a small update, but not before I have more than just 1 small fix request, so download it now and you'll be just fine.

The changes only fix something that UTX or FSGlobal did wrong. For some reason they thought that water was not supposed to be flat, so you can get high peaks within lakes or the sea. All we changed was to make the sea flat again.

So don't worry about those changes.

A fun scenery, for a dangerous place. I enjoyed exploring it in good 'clear' weather; now I look forward to spending some time in 'real' REX weather.

However, the product page says:

"Additional airfields and villages:

Nikolski Airfield

Akutan Seaplane Base

Chernofski Seaplane Base

Fort Glenn Air Force Base (abandoned)

Driftwood Bay Air Force Station (abandoned)"

I did find the new scenery enhancements for Nikolski, Chernofski, and even some things at the Fort Glenn site, but could find nothing different near Driftwood Bay (AK23). At least the runway isn't in the big 'hole' it was in the default FSX. What should be there, and would we be able to get a screen shot of AK23?

Still, it is a fun place you have created.

AK23, that's an abandoned airfield that had (as far as I know) underground hangars, but unfortunately today there's nothing interesting left to see there.

Hi Yankees

Maybe there is a problem with your surroundings because i do not get any trees in the area. This is what i get as i departure Dutch Harbor bay:

Unalaska Island

padu6.jpg

PADU3.jpg

Near Chernofski

padu4.jpg

Umnak Island

padu5.jpg

I have installed UTX Alaska and GEX so maybe this could be the difference. But looking at your screenshots i think you have GEX too. Did you have any tree enhacer freeware or something like that installed? or did you have GEX textures installed with the Special landclass fix (adds more lush and a rich green variant)?

Best regards

What Twin Otter is that in your screenshots and where can I get that livery?? Cheers wink.gif

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Although I am not a member, the Twin Otter in the screen shots is in the colours of Alaskan Winds, which is a virtual airline that as far as I can see has a pretty active following, and as you probably guessed, they fly mainly in the Alaska area.

It is a great colour scheme though, and I would not mind doing a few repaints of it myself if I could get hold of the logo, but I think that you have to be a member of the VA to be able to get hold of the repaints or the logo.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi Mark

That screen shot of the logo is at a pretty good resolution to use for repainting, and thanks for taking the time to do it, I am sure I can find a use for it, but it would have to be for personal use, as it is not really a done thing to use a VA logo for general distribution without the VA’s permission, but thanks again for the screen shot,

Take care, and have fun at Alaskan Wings, I am sure that you will get on well.

Jim Hodkinson