Madeira has gone Wild

Marcanthonystorm

hi my name is Marc Anthony Gonzalez and I purchased FSX Madeira about a month ago and it worked perfect, even my frame rates were great. But somewhere

along the way it went bizzerk. I mean I was just flying there from Lisbon and all was well but when I was approach Rwy 5 I noticed it was 300 feet in the air

and all the cars and airplanes were on this plateau and the cars were coming up oneside and falling down the other. I have no idea what went wrong. Its the only

add on I have with this problem. I have UK2000 Heathrow, Manchester, Aerosoft Frankfurt, Mallorca, Ibiza, and tons more. Does anyone know how to fix this and

I will be glad to make a youtube video of what ever destination you like. Im at Marcanthonystorm on youtube. But seriously I would greatly like to fix this problem.

Please be kind enough to assist me in this matter. I have installed FSX Acceleration, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Pmdg, CS 757, 767, Overland airbus and boeing

edition, My Traffic Lite, UTX, REX. I just installed the My Traffic Lite a week ago, Madeira worked before that. I had Imagine Sim KLGA but removed it because of slow FPS and

other issues. Thank you

My Specs:

Rampage II Extreme

i7 920 OC'd to 4.2 ghz

ATI Radeon 5970

3 80 gb Solid State Drives

1 tb hard drive storage

320 gb hard drive storage

6gbs of Dominator GT 2000mhz

To me it seems like

a. Your mesh settings are incorrect

b. Mytraffix lite messed it up - try moving Aerosoft's madiera X to #1 on the scenery list. this should help.

I did as you said my friend and it didnt work same problem

post-30817-127112647116_thumb.jpg

WoW!!!! That looks absolutely hilarious!!!

anyways, here are 2 more options

1- Look in FSX directory\MyTraffic\scenery. Find BR2_LPMA.BGL and delete it (I have MytrafficX so you might not have this file)

2- Try turning you scenery and autogen settings down. This problem could have something to do with a Out of memory/CPU situation

please let me know if either helps.

• Aerosoft

hi my name is Marc Anthony Gonzalez and I purchased FSX Madeira about a month ago and it worked perfect, even my frame rates were great. But somewhere

along the way it went bizzerk. I mean I was just flying there from Lisbon and all was well but when I was approach Rwy 5 I noticed it was 300 feet in the air

and all the cars and airplanes were on this plateau and the cars were coming up oneside and falling down the other. I have no idea what went wrong. Its the only

add on I have with this problem. I have UK2000 Heathrow, Manchester, Aerosoft Frankfurt, Mallorca, Ibiza, and tons more. Does anyone know how to fix this and

I will be glad to make a youtube video of what ever destination you like. Im at Marcanthonystorm on youtube. But seriously I would greatly like to fix this problem.

Please be kind enough to assist me in this matter. I have installed FSX Acceleration, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Pmdg, CS 757, 767, Overland airbus and boeing

edition, My Traffic Lite, UTX, REX. I just installed the My Traffic Lite a week ago, Madeira worked before that. I had Imagine Sim KLGA but removed it because of slow FPS and

other issues. Thank you

My Specs:

Rampage II Extreme

i7 920 OC'd to 4.2 ghz

ATI Radeon 5970

3 80 gb Solid State Drives

1 tb hard drive storage

320 gb hard drive storage

6gbs of Dominator GT 2000mhz

I think your problem will be solved when you de-install (not manually remove!) Madeira and re-install it. Most likely the AFCAD file is not in the right location or is corrupted.

I think your problem will be solved when you de-install (not manually remove!) Madeira and re-install it. Most likely the AFCAD file is not in the right location or is corrupted.

Thank you for the input, unfortunately I did uninstall from my computer and reinstall and it still shows up the same way. What I do notice is all the my traffic lite planes are up there on that

plateau. Perhaps it is something with the My Traffic lite. How do I get into that directory. Can anyone walk me through how to find it, so I can remove the LPMA from that file.

Thanks guys and I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Are you sure you are not using some third party mesh somewhere?

I did build my computer, but Im not the best at knowing what the term MESH is. What 3rd party mesh. My Traffic Lite, was the last thing I put on and Imagine Sim KLGA. I did have Traffic X on for about 30 minutes and removed it because it screwed up my parking spots. When I removed Traffic X, I had to do a repair with both FSX DVD's and Acceleration because

my tire smoke was gone and I wanted it back. The repair fixed that problem without having to do a full reinstall.

So does anyone know how to get into the My Traffic Lite so I can take out that "BR2_LPMA.BGL". Gaura Mohana suggested this in a previous post.

Thank you

Marc Anthony Storm

Hi there

Again, I'm not sure if TrafficX lite even has this file or if it has this folder structure, but if it does it should be in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_LPMA.BGL if you are using 64 bit

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_LPMA.BGL if 32 bit

mesh is like the 3d info that tells FSX where to put the ground

I did build my computer, but Im not the best at knowing what the term MESH is. What 3rd party mesh. My Traffic Lite, was the last thing I put on and Imagine Sim KLGA. I did have Traffic X on for about 30 minutes and removed it because it screwed up my parking spots. When I removed Traffic X, I had to do a repair with both FSX DVD's and Acceleration because

my tire smoke was gone and I wanted it back. The repair fixed that problem without having to do a full reinstall.

So does anyone know how to get into the My Traffic Lite so I can take out that "BR2_LPMA.BGL". Gaura Mohana suggested this in a previous post.

Thank you

Marc Anthony Storm

Mesh would be the terrain, as in fs global or fs genesis which decides on the level of detail your mountains will have thus giving you different heights for your ground than the default. High detailed mesh has been known to cause problems such as yours. Sometimes it happens with lakes too which seem to sit on plateaus or in deep holes. even if you havent installed any dedicated mesh products, make sure that any scenery addons nearby that you may have installed dont contain any mesh in them.

I did some googling and quite a few suggestions led back to this forum, here you go:

if you installed MyTraffic AFTER MadeiraX please check the folder

...\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\MyTraffic\scenery

Look for the files BR2_LPMA.BGL for Madeira airport and BR2_LPPS.BGL for Porto Santo.

Deactivate these files by renaming it to BR2_LPMA.madeira and BR2_LPPS.madeira.

Exit FSX before you do so.

After renaming the files run FSX again. You should also check the scenery library in FSX.

The scenery entry for MyTraffc should be located below Madeira and other addon sceneries.

If necessary move the MyTraffic scenery down.

I have looked at the FAQs and the item on page 32 in the manual.........

APX43200.bgl is already shown as APX43200.madeira as is the cvx4320 file also "madeira".

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=27281

The second quote mentions the FAQ part of the manual, I know its an stupid question but did you have a look in there?

Hope this helps somewhat!

Chris

Sorry for double posting, but i just read the following --> 

How is this achieved? MyTraffic X Lite installs all its aircraft into the folder "simobjects\misc", and all its scenery files into "addon scenery\scenery"

Why dont you try going into 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery and search there for BR2_LPMA.BGL. If there is a MyTrafficX directory inside Addon Scenery, try looking there.

Sorry for double posting, but i just read the following -->

Why dont you try going into

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery and search there for BR2_LPMA.BGL. If there is a MyTrafficX directory inside Addon Scenery, try looking there.

Ok I checked in there Addon Scenery and there isn't a file BR2_LPMA.BGL It's not there, missing.

is there a mytrafficX folder there with many BGL's in it? if so the filename might be different. Try searching simply for LPMA

At the bottom there is a Mytrafficlite.BGL which is 3rd from the bottom, but I cant open it. I get a window that says Windows can't open this file. Underneath it is

Mytrafficlite.bgl

VTBS_GROUND_LandClass.bgl

VTBS_GROUND_WaterClass.bgl

At the bottom there is a Mytrafficlite.BGL which is 3rd from the bottom, but I cant open it. I get a window that says Windows can't open this file. Underneath it is

Mytrafficlite.bgl

VTBS_GROUND_LandClass.bgl

VTBS_GROUND_WaterClass.bgl

Why don' t you try scruffyduck' s airport scanner? I can only recommend it. It' s a tool which will precisely name you all (LPMA-)files. You can delete the unnecessary files directly from that tool or you just follow the indicated path and disable them manually.

Good luck!

Why don' t you try scruffyduck' s airport scanner? I can only recommend it. It' s a tool which will precisely name you all (LPMA-)files. You can delete the unnecessary files directly from that tool or you just follow the indicated path and disable them manually.

Good luck!

IMPORTANT TO ALL USERS FOR MADEIRA. IT'S FIXED and I found the Solution with all of your help. BUt I read a post by Shaun Fletcher that mentions this

"Please check the FAQs section of the manual, it explains about this issue" after he commented on Daleboy's page. Daleboy had duplicate files like this,

APX43200.bgl and APX43200.madeira, the same with the cvx files. What Shaun told him to do is move them out of the folder APX 43200.bgl and cvx 4320.bgl

Well rather than move them out of the folder I changed the name of the file from APX43200.bgl to APX43200.madeira1 and did the same thing to cvx4320.bgl changed it

to cvx4320.madeira1. It will ask you if you are sure you want to do this, so just say YES to that.

I then started up FSX and chose Madeira and IT'S FIXED, no more city in the sky.

IT'S FIXED, IT'S FIXED

Thank you Shaun Fletcher and Gaura and the rest of you that offered support and help

Good luck!

IMPORTANT TO ALL USERS FOR MADEIRA. IT'S FIXED and I found the Solution with all of your help. BUt I read a post by Shaun Fletcher that mentions this

"Please check the FAQs section of the manual, it explains about this issue" after he commented on Daleboy's page. Daleboy had duplicate files like this,

APX43200.bgl and APX43200.madeira, the same with the cvx files. What Shaun told him to do is move them out of the folder APX 43200.bgl and cvx 4320.bgl

Well rather than move them out of the folder I changed the name of the file from APX43200.bgl to APX43200.madeira1 and did the same thing to cvx4320.bgl changed it

to cvx4320.madeira1. It will ask you if you are sure you want to do this, so just say YES to that.

I then started up FSX and chose Madeira and IT'S FIXED, no more city in the sky.

IT'S FIXED, IT'S FIXED

Thank you Shaun Fletcher and Gaura and the rest of you that offered support and help

is there a mytrafficX folder there with many BGL's in it? if so the filename might be different. Try searching simply for LPMA

IT'S FIXED, IT'S FIXED

Mesh would be the terrain, as in fs global or fs genesis which decides on the level of detail your mountains will have thus giving you different heights for your ground than the default. High detailed mesh has been known to cause problems such as yours. Sometimes it happens with lakes too which seem to sit on plateaus or in deep holes. even if you havent installed any dedicated mesh products, make sure that any scenery addons nearby that you may have installed dont contain any mesh in them.

IT'S FIXED, IT'S FIXED

IT'S FIXED, IT'S FIXED

I did some googling and quite a few suggestions led back to this forum, here you go:

if you installed MyTraffic AFTER MadeiraX please check the folder

...\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\MyTraffic\scenery

Look for the files BR2_LPMA.BGL for Madeira airport and BR2_LPPS.BGL for Porto Santo.

Deactivate these files by renaming it to BR2_LPMA.madeira and BR2_LPPS.madeira.

Exit FSX before you do so.

After renaming the files run FSX again. You should also check the scenery library in FSX.

The scenery entry for MyTraffc should be located below Madeira and other addon sceneries.

If necessary move the MyTraffic scenery down.

I have looked at the FAQs and the item on page 32 in the manual.........

APX43200.bgl is already shown as APX43200.madeira as is the cvx4320 file also "madeira".

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=27281

The second quote mentions the FAQ part of the manual, I know its an stupid question but did you have a look in there?

Hope this helps somewhat!

Chris

Hey Chris, I want to thank you for that insight you gave me, I really aprreciate you taking the time to do that, and it worked.

Thank you

marc