Rotterdam X and autogen objects

PH-BQG

Hi all!

In the Rotterdam X scenery, the developer has used an exclusion for certain autogen objects in the Rotterdam harbor (e.g, cranes and containers). This has greatly enhanced performance for the whole area there. The problem is though that these autogen objects appear at many more locations throughout Europe (using UTX), where they still do hamper performance (for example, Amsterdam). Therefore I was wondering whether anyone could tell me how I can exclude these objects from basically all over the world; the performance gain is definately worth it leaving these out!

Thanks in advance!

• Aerosoft

Hi all!

In the Rotterdam X scenery, the developer has used an exclusion for certain autogen objects in the Rotterdam harbor (e.g, cranes and containers). This has greatly enhanced performance for the whole area there. The problem is though that these autogen objects appear at many more locations throughout Europe (using UTX), where they still do hamper performance (for example, Amsterdam). Therefore I was wondering whether anyone could tell me how I can exclude these objects from basically all over the world; the performance gain is definately worth it leaving these out!

Thanks in advance!

I will ask the developer if he can assist you with this.

I will ask the developer if he can assist you with this.

Thanks Mathijs! I have his email address, but I thought it would be interesting to put the question here so that other people can benefit from the answer aswell :)

Hi Alex,

All you can do is to ask the UTX developer if he can include an option in his tool that allows you to deactivate all those containers in other cities in his scenery (provided that such a function isn't already included in his UTX Management Tool).

Bests,

Sascha

Update:

I posted a question regarding this issue on the UTX forums yesterday, but there it is argued that it has to do with FSX static objects/autogen objects and that the only ways they can be removed include: reducing autogen density slider, reducing scenery complexity slider, or use an exclude like in the Rotterdam scenery <_<

Update on update:

I just tried to remove the containers by removing all of its entries from the default.xml autogen file and so far I have not been able to spot one :)