Convoluted manual

jfail1

I installed CBS last evening. It installed just fine and runs OK.

My problem is with the manual which is one of the worst I have ever seen. It keeps referring to an optional tutorial which is never explained as to how to run the tutorial. I still have not figured how to run the tutorial or even where it is. The install program says QuickTime is required to run the movies. What movies?

The so-called default keys are to a large extent not defaulted. The user has to do that. I find no reference to this problem anywhere in the manual. There is no reference on how to create a CTRL + xx key.

Since my German speaking skills are non-existent, what does the paragraph at the bottom of page 17 say? It appears to be something about a high and low version?

So far I have managed to find my way through some things but it is very frustrating. A very, very poor manual indeed. I have found many other shortcomings etc. in it that I won''t go into here.

Page 30, I have no idea what the radiostation double bass FM is all about. There is no reference in the manual as to how to run it or even what they are for.

If I am missing the obvious I sure would like to hear where I am going wrong.

In the how to drive the bus section it says to press the C key to get into the bus, does not work for me. Page 27, you must enter a destination into the destination display. How about some sort of reference of how to even get to the point of entering the destination.

Hi jfail1

When you first install the game ( AND download any updates) you should then "run it as an admin", this way all your settings will be saves for good.. once loaded, go to control settings and then tab out of game (Ctrl+Esc) and open the game manual. flick through the pages untill you come to the control keys and there it will tell you what keys to set to what. ( I know its weak that we have to do this but for now we do). once you have sett all the controls to there proper keys, go to all the other setting like "Game", "Graphics and choose your detail and so forth depending on you PC spec's. ones you have done this you can also decide what steering wheel buttons you want to use for controling things like indacators, lights, breaks, doors, gears etc.

So now you have done all the settings your ready for the tutorial.

If you go into "New Game" then you can play the campaign (Chaptors). the very first chaptor is the tutorial. Its realy just a guy whos gona show/tell you all about the bus and how to use everything, plus a few tests, not that hard.

Dont wana bombard you with stuff so try it and give a shout back.

• 3 months later...

Absolutely the worst manual i have ever seen. I have been heavily involved in computer programming, documentation writing etc. for well over 35 years. I have seen few worse than this for documentation. The TML forum is a joke.