Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Release box date: 30.08.2010 (here: http://en.shop.aeros...&s_group_id=022)

There really is little point in posting things like that, without a released download AirbusX, there can be no boxed version can there?

The reality is that when it's ready to be released, it will be released...............regardless of when it's expected to be released and I think it's pretty obvious from what some of the posts in this thread suggest (presumeably because they are beta testing it), that it's not ready to be released, hard though that may be for some to accept.sad.gif

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't mind if Aerosoft would lock this topic right now and open a new one in which only they can post useful information as soon as there is useful information... B)

Aerosoft pride themselves on giving their paying customers a voice and I see no reason for them to change that because of a few whiners. You can always choose not to read a topic rather than call for it to be closed.

• Upvote 5

Aerosoft pride themselves on giving their paying customers a voice and I see no reason for them to change that because of a few whiners. You can always choose not to read a topic rather than call for it to be closed.

You're talking plenty sense! :) After all this is NOT a freeware forum where grumbling is not an option.

In any case, in my personal view, I am patient about the roll-out of the Airbus X. People grumble if a bugged-up Airbus is out too soon to the market and others grumble when the Airbus X is coming out too late... :lol:

Happy landings!

Vee One

• Upvote 2

I love this company and the way it handles things! And i don't mind a delayed release to fix bugs, but after 2 months from initial release date the nav lights still haven't been fixed? That seems a little odd to me, maybe you can explain that? And i'm not calling my self an expert on development by any means. I just hope these problems can be solved quickly. From what i've heard designing an Airbus in FSX is no walk in the park. Nonetheless I hope you keep working hard! And you have my full support!

- Harvey

• Upvote 7

Maybe, that´s the curse of Airbus-simulations (; Just kidding, I think they just want to release a product without bugs and so it´s worth to wait.

regards

Max

• Upvote 1

hi,

what is about the fps while takeoff at LOWI?

From the cockpit in Airbus X is get 22-28fps on the runway at LOWI and it's smooth. Sliders to max except Autogen to Very Dense.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

i am only intertested in an advanced version, but will the advanced addition be a stand alone, or will there be a small upgrade from the base pack?

I am just thinking of the atrosity that airsimmer have done, by releasing a basic, and then going to charge another complete product for the advanced

Hi Ridgey. From what Mathijs has previously said if (and if) an advanced version is produced it is likely to be as a small upgrade with a small cost. But to be honest, the basic version does offer alot of depth. I like advanced versions too, and this version should appeal to advanced users too.

It really comes down to some features lacking in the MCDU, but most of which are lacking are the little parameters you'd have to get reference tables out for, and don't really add any realism to the sim. You can still input your flight plan yourself, which I always find a big plus (though in reality pilots will load a default and edit it).

As for the rest of the systems the Airbus is so automated it really takes care of itself. There aren't alot of buttons to pressed, switches to be clicked etc like on the legacy aircraft, which typically PMDG have done to date.

Hopefully, you'll be surprised!

Chris

• Upvote 3

As for the rest of the systems the Airbus is so automated it really takes care of itself. There aren't alot of buttons to pressed, switches to be clicked etc like on the legacy aircraft, which typically PMDG have done to date.

Hopefully, you'll be surprised!

Chris

There may not be alot a buttons that need to be pressed, but there are alot of buttons that could be pressed.

One of my favorite things about PMDG and the like is when my freinds come around I can flick as many switches as I like

and make myself seem REALLY smart and like I know almost everything about planes even if I am only flicking the

air conditioning switches...:blush:

but thats just me.

• Upvote 2

There may not be alot a buttons that need to be pressed, but there are alot of buttons that could be pressed.

One of my favorite things about PMDG and the like is when my freinds come around I can flick as many switches as I like

and make myself seem REALLY smart and like I know almost everything about planes even if I am only flicking the

air conditioning switches...blush.gif

but thats just me.

Indeed. I meant the Airbus in general doesn't have alot of buttons switches in comparison. With Airbus X you can still play with the air cond knobs if you like smile.gif

Some (currently) don't do anything, but you're not missing out on much.

But it is a case of each to their own smile.gif

Chris

If the Airbus is delayed, so be it...just get it right! :(:)

Please, please Aerosoft...don't promote (hype) a product until it's much further along in the development stage!

First Amsterdam and now the Airbus...Darryl

PS...how about a PMDG Box Sale for the US...like you had in Europe last week! ;)

• Upvote 3

Working hard to do so.....

Please, please Aerosoft...don't promote (hype) a product until it's much further along in the development stage!

There I have to correct you, Aerosoft doesn't hype, it's sharing projects that are in the pipeline....

As Mathijs explained before: Eham is developed outside Aerosoft, the bus in-company, the two can't be compared...

• Upvote 4

Is there a problem with programming some systems or so? Don´t get me wrong, take the time you need to release this bird, but I thought it would be close to release?

best wishes

Max

Mathijs can explain better, but sometimes unexpected things turn up. There are no major problems, just going the extra mile to get everything right. Some things take some time to get exactly right. The fact that FSX is more a Boeing, then an Airbus simulator contributes to that.... I am convinced the end product will be worth the waiting, but for now patience is the key word :)

• Upvote 4

Good stuff posted today...I enjoyed the reading....

As an american, I am not sure what these words mean...Can someone explain?

"Paddy"

"Pram"

Both posted by folks not in the US..

Cheers.

biggrin.gif

Is there a problem with programming some systems or so? Don´t get me wrong, take the time you need to release this bird, but I thought it would be close to release?

best wishes

Max

No, there's no kind of overall system hurdle that we've encountered. It's much more like small things that go across systems, things just interconnected within the whole mass of logic in more ways than predicted. This aircraft is incredibly "integrated," more so than most anything that I've seen in FS addons. It is almost as if there aren't separate systems at all, but instead just one big brain with several windows into it. (That's true of any airliner, of course, but I'm talking a matter of degree here.)

A change in our autopilot code, for example, may require complementary changes in the flight model... okay, not surprising... but then all of a sudden you realize you've now gotta change something that you *thought* was finished in the PFD. And once you do that, then the Nav Display's gotta be modified too, since those two displays are so connected... and then since the MCDU is so highly integrated with the ND, IT must now change (again) too, and so on. I think you see what I mean. It's very rewarding when we get the different parts properly sync'd up and 'parallel', but it does take time. And I think it is ultimately to the benefit of the simmer. We all (the developers) would LOVE to just keep going deeper and deeper (trust me!), and we have in fact gone deeper than 1st planned. But, for every one layer of depth added, there are two or more layers of complexity that demand to come along too. It's a disproportionate kind of thing, with a delicate balance. (I recently made the TCAS a little more complex, for example... and it took much more time than the basic logic of the changes would imply. Maddening almost.)

So, no, there are no major system hurdles. Not at all. There are just more small loose ends than a company like Aerosoft would ever consider putting "out there" for the public to test. I know people are anxious, and now disappointed. But I'm sure they'll love the product, too, and then this all won't matter. Once flying this plane, the kind of system interconnection and entanglement I'm talking about will be obvious... and in a good way!! And the delays will probably make a lot more sense then, too. For now... just try to hang in there if you can.

• Upvote 10

Good stuff posted today...I enjoyed the reading....

As an american, I am not sure what these words mean...Can someone explain?

"Paddy"

"Pram"

Both posted by folks not in the US..

Cheers.

biggrin.gif

I am a Brit but live in Holland .

You know what they say , The Brits and Americans , separated by a common language .

I assume that a " paddy " apart from being an Irishman , means tantrum ( paddy being a local dialect of the poster ) , or as you would call it , a " sissy-fit " .

" Pram " is a pushchair for a baby .

Hope this helps .

John

I am a Brit but live in Holland .

You know what they say , The Brits and Americans , separated by a common language .

I assume that a " paddy " apart from being an Irishman , means tantrum ( paddy being a local dialect of the poster ) , or as you would call it , a " sissy-fit " .

" Pram " is a pushchair for a baby .

Hope this helps .

John

Haha...Thanks John..

Tantrum - Temper Tantrum

Pushchair - Stroller

biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

This is like teasing a dog with food and then taking it away...Darryl

If that's how you feel you have a simple solution available to you. Dont sit begging at the table ^_^

• Upvote 2

Haha...Thanks John..

Tantrum - Temper Tantrum

Pushchair - Stroller

biggrin.gif

I'm not sure why somebody would give this post a negative marking...Really?

Some peoples kids...rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1

i have bought some bxed products from justflight, byt they wouldnt install because the safedisk validation softwaer wouldnt work.

will i experience a similar problem with boxed products from aerosoft?

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

PS...how about a PMDG Box Sale for the US...like you had in Europe last week! ;)

Well AA777-200ER, you don't have to read these forums, you could also simply wait until the product appears in the shop.

• Upvote 2