Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Hey, I just Stumbeled into this thread and saw the Textures of the Vc.

Just one question: Are those going to be the final textures? For me, it really looks like a 3d model. Think about adding some shadows, scratches, like you did with the Cat..

No those are final. We are using the new cockpit model so none of them are older then 18 months.

• Upvote 1

interesting product indeed... too bad the lack of full navigation system :(

but lets see ;)

Do you mean the SIDs and STARs issue? I think most people will be happy with what's provided. It's a shame that many seem willing to let this perceived shortcoming dampen their enthusiasm before even flying the product. Especially when that absence can be gotten around pretty easily... and not at all unrealistically(!!), as has been said several times before.

Delve into the product with an eye towards what it *does* offer, and I think it'll be quite a bit of fun for almost everyone.(But yes, I am a little biased.;-)

• Upvote 5

What would you like to see? Most work that's visible is at the PFD and ND so making images of them is a bit hard.

The Airbus from the front :-)

PS: Sorry for my English.

No, we only simulate the left seat. For starters because that where the aircraft is flown from and secondly because it avoids a lot of additional load on the systems. We simply replicate the displays. We really focus on that left seat.

Thank You Mathijs for your fast reply.But i yet still have same question.What i wanted to ask that when the "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knobs are rotated on the Captains side do they move on First Officers side.Though I know that only Captain side is opertional and when the "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knobs are changed on the Captain side the PFD and ND will show the same result on FO's side as well

My question is to you Mathijs is

For eg:-If "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" on the Captain side changed to "Plan and 160 NM" will the "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knobs on First Officer side will move to "Plan and 160 NM" not individually but simultaneously as only Captain side is opretional in AIRBUS X

or will it be different

For eg:-If "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" on the Captain side changed to "Plan and 160 NM" will the "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knobs on First Officers be at position "Arc and 40 NM" as shown in many images

In Wilco AIRBUS for FS-2004 only Captain side is opertional but "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knob do rotate simultaneously when moved on Captain side showing same thing on Captains PFD and ND on the First Officers side

Sorry to bother you again for this question as I am not expert

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame

• Aerosoft

The Airbus from the front :-)

PS: Sorry for my English.

Never apologize for your English here. If there is one thing that gets somebody banned in a second it is making fun of mistakes in language. Over 75% of people on these forums do not have English as their first language and nobody should avoid posting here because he is afraid of making mistakes.

Is this what you mean or would you like a few more shots from the cockpit?

post-43-127481163677_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Thank You Mathijs for your fast reply.But i yet still have same question.What i wanted to ask that when the "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knobs are rotated on the Captains side do they move on First Officers side.Though I know that only Captain side is opertional and when the "ND MODE" and "ND RANGE" knobs are changed on the Captain side the PFD and ND will show the same result on FO's side as well

No they do not move. Not totally right as the display does change but that's one of the compromises we had to accept. It's not something you see easy so not a biggie in our opinion.

• Upvote 1

Never apologize for your English here. If there is one thing that gets somebody banned in a second it is making fun of mistakes in language. Over 75% of people on these forums do not have English as their first language and nobody should avoid posting here because he is afraid of making mistakes.

Is this what you mean or would you like a few more shots from the cockpit?

Thanks Mathijs, perfect Position :blush:

Awesome Details !

Mathijs,

would you mind showing us a picture of the overhead panel during day and night? Preferably from a point where you can see everything from it.

Conchi

Hi,

I have been watching this topic from beginning and... I admire Admin's patience to answer the same q regarding SID's/STARS. For me it will be fine if I can program them myself. I have two Q's from me - I believ that they have not been discussed yet - if yes, please accept my apolgies - it is not ignorance.

1. Will it be possible to save a route or manually added waypoints?

2. Sounds. Can you let me know if purchasing sets from other custom made designers - I mean TSS - is worth? The issue is that I am willing to add a little extra to reality and I realize that simply one designer can not focus on everything at the same time. If he could, the price of product would be enormous.

Regards,

Definitely future Bus Driver.

I was going to add a screenshot of Airbus X but I can't see the option to upload on this forum, just ended up with a link to my hdd!

I'll have another go tomorrow.

Chris

• Upvote 1

I have been reading this thread with some wry amusement.

It is extraordinary that so many members can regret this or that feature of this simulation, when there are alternatives on the market that gives them a range between some of the dreadful 'lite ' aircraft that another developer makes, and super complex aircraft like the JS4100. Some of the lite aircraft, like the defaults, use the default GPS. Now that's what I call an insult, as nobody can pretend to fly a heavy without a functional CDU, and it is totally unrealistic.

But I am time-constrained from time to time. Which means I can't go through the elaborate procedures of complex add-ons and retain my job and my wife.

So an intermediate version is going to be good.

Of course some of the GA and Bush lighties are also fun with Orbx scenery, but a flight in a heavy is also satisfying, when time is short.

When the complex variant becomes available, I will buy it, but I will be fascinated whether I use it. The so-called simplified version may be all I need most of the time.

Matthijs: I am sure you must be grateful for all of the unsolicited advice that you have received!

• Upvote 1

Now I will get myself into trouble for not having read right through this thread!

Jetstar airlines, a subsidiary of Qantas, but with a different livery is the only A320/321 operator in Australia.

Ditto Air New Zealand in that country, (though Jetstar is entering that market).

Could these liveries be included in the release, because you will have many customers immediately in these countries. However it is somewhat demeaning for us to have to use a European livery way down under, and worse to have to adopt British Airways!!!

Do you mean the SIDs and STARs issue? I think most people will be happy with what's provided. It's a shame that many seem willing to let this perceived shortcoming dampen their enthusiasm before even flying the product. Especially when that absence can be gotten around pretty easily... and not at all unrealistically(!!), as has been said several times before.Delve into the product with an eye towards what it *does* offer, and I think it'll be quite a bit of fun for almost everyone.(But yes, I am a little biased.;-)

Hi saprintz,

the answer that hasn't been heard yet is whether PBD waypoints will be possible. These are important in a lot of SIDs and STARs - especially in a 'not at all unrealistically' situation.

...and if these are not possible in the original release of the 'bus then it may be an item for the Advanced Version.

I guess with the Aerosoft Airbus looking so promising already, and it being one of the few modern Airbusses that will appear for FSX, most people really hope Aerosoft will go the extra kilometer and make this the ultimate Airbus. I know I wouldn't mind that (but hey, I love procedures and buttons). Having said that, I look forward to the Airbus as it is announced currently.

Now I will get myself into trouble for not having read right through this thread!

Jetstar airlines, a subsidiary of Qantas, but with a different livery is the only A320/321 operator in Australia.

Ditto Air New Zealand in that country, (though Jetstar is entering that market).

Could these liveries be included in the release, because you will have many customers immediately in these countries. However it is somewhat demeaning for us to have to use a European livery way down under, and worse to have to adopt British Airways!!!

Macca22au,

Check the Airbus x liveries thread in this forum. There is a nice Jetstar A321 livery already and I think I also saw and Air New Zealand livery in there.

Regards,

JusJ

2. Sounds. Can you let me know if purchasing sets from other custom made designers - I mean TSS - is worth? The issue is that I am willing to add a little extra to reality and I realize that simply one designer can not focus on everything at the same time. If he could, the price of product would be enormous.

Tomi,

I recall Mathijs saying some time back that Aerosoft is sourcing the Airbus X's sounds from TSS. So there is no need for you to purchase them separately yourself.

• Upvote 2