Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

I'm sorry to say this, but that video is stupid.

It only shows off AES and has little to do with the Airbus.

....and the music was very annoying, both times.

At this phase of development I expect a little more

It's only the first part, I thought using AES added some realism.

I used music as I wasn't happy with how the sound came through on the replay when I was recording. Going to try some different techniques.

What would you like to see different?I'm only doing external footage as some of the guages are still being tweaked.

Chris

• Upvote 2

It's only the first part, I thought using AES added some realism.

I used music as I wasn't happy with how the sound came through on the replay when I was recording. Going to try some different techniques.

What would you like to see different?I'm only doing external footage as some of the guages are still being tweaked.

Chris

Oh I see.

I expected more flying and cockpit things. I was just disappointed as the aircraft was only parked at a gate and I know what AES looks like already.

It kind of gave the impression that the release is still far away. I hope I'm wrong, though ;)

Thanks for your reply.

• Upvote 1

Just a quick question as I have been away for a bit, Is the end of the month still a target for release or are we looking inot next months? Im happy either way :)

May is out of the question. Well, not that I know for sure, of course, but seriously: only three days to go and there is still talk of things still being beta and not finished (NAV lights, gauges, the manual, etc.). I really can't imagine they will be able to finish it all AND compile (or whatever you call that) a downloadable installer etc. etc. within 3 days! In fact, I hope they won't even try it, because that would mean the final phase of development would be rushed... and I rather have the Airbus completely ready and working than a rushed beta. ;)

BTW I appreciate the effort of making that Youtube video, but I have to say that the camera position of the first shot (which you see more often in the video) makes everything look like a preview of some Nintendo DS game... (specially with that flat-looking truck coming in from the left! :lol: ) The rest wasn't too exciting either. Again, I really appreciate the effort (I really don't mean any harm, cbd80!) but I have the feeling this video doesn't do the product any justice nor any good, sorry.

• Upvote 2

Just a quick question as I have been away for a bit, Is the end of the month still a target for release or are we looking inot next months? Im happy either way smile.gif

Given that the version of box is released 30.06 i think the download version will be released 15.06 maybe one week before... (i hope) happy.gif

Engine start sound?????? WTF???

Somebody by mistake take a sound from some hobby model planes jet motor?

I am working on the airport platform and surely can confirm that never ever any Airbus regardless on engine type sounded like this on startup.

Hopefully sound from the inside (cockpit) is correct.

Next thing;

I think it is not so clever idea from Aerosoft to have those kind of movies ... Bad quality sound and wrong youtube resoultion.

I think correct way is Mr.Kok's way to upload in high resolution only small segments of plane finished.

Give the movie production to real masters like Jaggyroad flims.

• Upvote 1

May is out of the question. Well, not that I know for sure, of course, but seriously: only three days to go and there is still talk of things still being beta and not finished (NAV lights, gauges, the manual, etc.). I really can't imagine they will be able to finish it all AND compile (or whatever you call that) a downloadable installer etc. etc. within 3 days! In fact, I hope they won't even try it, because that would mean the final phase of development would be rushed... and I rather have the Airbus completely ready and working than a rushed beta. wink.gif

BTW I appreciate the effort of making that Youtube video, but I have to say that the camera position of the first shot (which you see more often in the video) makes everything look like a preview of some Nintendo DS game... (specially with that flat-looking truck coming in from the left! laugh.gif ) The rest wasn't too exciting either. Again, I really appreciate the effort (I really don't mean any harm, cbd80!) but I have the feeling this video doesn't do the product any justice nor any good, sorry.

"I hope they won't even try it, because that would mean the final phase of development would be rushed... and I rather have the Airbus completely ready and working than a rushed beta." - No need to worry the airbus beta is not being rushed. The dev & beta teams are working very hard and the released basic version will be worth the wait.

Bob

No need to worry the airbus beta is not being rushed. The dev & beta teams are working very hard and the released basic version will be worth the wait.

I didn't expect anything else, really. ;)

It is all good and fine to publish previews of the Airbus on YouTube or wherever for that matter. But at the lower resolutions, I have to say that little is really recognisable as the Aerosoft Airbus. The music does distract somewhat from the actual subject. And of course, there are a few things noticed, such as the oversized navigation lights, although this was also pointed out as being a bug...

I can understand wanting to make these videos, either for personal reasons or to keep the baying hounds of the forum membership quiet, but in my honest opinion (sorry, I hate the forum abbreviations used all the time), I think it would be better to publish such preview videos revealing only the finished item, just prior to its release, or to release videos of small aspects that are in their final state or at least appear as if they are to the forum members, like the landing lights illuminating objects and so on...

It seems that most, myself included, are distracted 1) by the music track used, 2) the fact that only externals shown with AES being the dominant "feature" of the video, or 3) the odd bug or unfinished aspect...

I am trying to make this criticism as positive as I can, I sincerely hope that I do not offend the producer of the video. I am fully aware of the time required to create any work, edit, cut the tracks, fit it all together, then upload... and for that one should be grateful...

Andrew

I've produced Part 2 of my Aerosoft Airbus X videos. I've tried to take peoples comments on board and I hope you like it.

Chris

• Upvote 2

Great improvement from the first video. Something i noticed though is that the engine sounds in the video sounded like the CFM 56-5 series verses the IAE V2500 series, which was the engine type in the video. So my question is will both engine sounds be included in the final version?

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs

Great Video. I wanted to ask. The Beacon Light is "Rotating Beacon Light" but all AIRBUS A320 as per my knowledge have strobe beacon light. I was wondering will this be implemented in the final version. "Strobe beacon light" only blinks brighter than Rotating Beacon Light at correct intervals and do not rotate. Rotating Beacon Light were implemented during production of comparatively older aircraft than AIRBUS A320

For Eg:-DC-10,Older Boeing 747,etc

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame

Pls Refer the videos:

AIRBUS A320 ----

Boeing 747 ----

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs

Great Video. I wanted to ask. The Beacon Light is "Rotating Beacon Light" but all AIRBUS A320 as per my knowledge have strobe beacon light. I was wondering will this be implemented in the final version. "Strobe beacon light" only blinks brighter than Rotating Beacon Light at correct intervals and do not rotate. Rotating Beacon Light were implemented during production of comparatively older aircraft than AIRBUS A320

For Eg:-DC-10,Older Boeing 747,etc

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame

Pls Refer the videos:

AIRBUS A320 ----

Boeing 747 ----

Correct. Neither the original nor "our" Airbus has a rotating beacon.

Nowadays every producer tries to avoid mechanical parts.

Timo

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

i am only intertested in an advanced version, but will the advanced addition be a stand alone, or will there be a small upgrade from the base pack?

I am just thinking of the atrosity that airsimmer have done, by releasing a basic, and then going to charge another complete product for the advanced

• Upvote 1

Guest Hirth

I've produced Part 2 of my Aerosoft Airbus X videos. I've tried to take peoples comments on board and I hope you like it.

Chris

hi,

what is about the fps while takeoff at LOWI?

Mathijs, can we still expect release for the end of this month?

or has something changed?

please this weekend... i can't wait anymore!!! It looks so cool, and it always says that the release will be soon... and then it isn't because there was another mistake detected. I know that it takes time to fix those errors, and that it wouldn't be good for you if you release an not-finished product, but please hurry up a little we are really exited about this aircraft and most of us would love it to fly this beauty NOW!

so a little question: what needs to be done until release? (maybe the product page, or something on the aircraft?)

and another thing: is it possible that the owners of the PMDG J41 add the rain-effect which is used in the Jetstream, to the Airbus X? (even if it would take much FPS)

thanks for your answer!

Emi

• Upvote 4

please this weekend... i can't wait anymore!!! It looks so cool, and it always says that the release will be soon... and then it isn't because there was another mistake detected. I know that it takes time to fix those errors, and that it wouldn't be good for you if you release an not-finished product, but please hurry up a little we are really exited about this aircraft and most of us would love it to fly this beauty NOW!

so a little question: what needs to be done until release? (maybe the product page, or something on the aircraft?)

and another thing: is it possible that the owners of the PMDG J41 add the rain-effect which is used in the Jetstream, to the Airbus X? (even if it would take much FPS)

thanks for your answer!

Emi

I think it's worth remembering that although it's nice to be told the probable release date (a lot of people seem to prefer this to being told "it's ready when it's ready"), the actual release date still has to be "when it's ready".

With scenery projects, it seems that guessing the release date is fairly accurate because a lot of the work that has to done is simply a case of knowing how many hours it takes to accomplish certain tasks and beta testing is largly a case of looking around the scenery for obvious mistakes like missing or incorrectly placed objects.

To a lesser degree, aircraft models are similar until you begin to create the cockpit, or more specifically, the gauges and it's the gauges that will mess up development times.......every time! Now apply that theory to a modern fly-by-wire airliner with glass cockpit displays, a wierd throttle (compared to a Boeing), custom built FMS and an FCU/AP that does nothing like the default FS AP functions provide and you can imagine how release dates can become a little messed up.............and that's before the beta testers start picking it to pieceswacko.gif

I'm sure Mathijs will post something soon though.

• Upvote 5

thanks for your answer!

Emi

+1 +1

• Upvote 2

hmm hello guys.rolleyes.gif

Hope this will not finish as in Simon & Garfunkel's song.

The olds ones will remember :

April come she will...

when streams are ripe and swelled with rain

May she will stay

resting i my arms again...

.. June, she'll change her tune

in restless walks she'll prowl the night

July, she will fly

And give no warning to her flight

August, die she must.

etcetc..

(But that's just a song.. it has to be just a song) wub.gif

• Upvote 3

Chris

Excellent -- much better than the first! Although, in my opinion, that was fine once you changed the music. The engine sounds are fantastic... it's the first time I've heard engine rumble in FSX!

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind if Aerosoft would lock this topic right now and open a new one in which only they can post useful information as soon as there is useful information... B)

• Upvote 6

Chris

Looks even greater! Thanks for your time in preparing those two!

Vee One

P.S.: Thanks for letting me discover this wonderful tenor! :)

• Upvote 1