Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hi everyone, maybe it has been asked before (and I apologies for asking again) Is there or will there be a preview video of the beta? Just to get a feel for the product in terms of sounds, motion etc..

Regards

Dave

Airbus X does have a clear identity. It is a realistic simulation of the airbus, where the little things that you don't really use are cut back on, and the user is aided with some calculations in the FMC. This is a lite as it gets. But those little bits of help is what will make this appeal to a large market.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I appreciate your enthusiasm as a tester and, like I said, I will likely chance the product. I do find some contradiction in the above statement given that the MCDU/FMC is appreciably curtailed. I would think that the MCDU/FMC is hardly a "little thing," and that cutting back on it is part of the problem. I recognize that the demand for "airliner without the details" is apparently stronger than I realized - I'm just perplexed. The details is what is remarkable/awesome about an airliner - commercial flight at the level of the A32x is not a "kick the tires and light the fires" affair. In fairness, I will withhold further judgment until we have the 'bus in hand. I am not optimistic for an "advanced" version though... Mathis just doesn't give out the vibe that he believes the market exists.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I appreciate your enthusiasm as a tester and, like I said, I will likely chance the product. I do find some contradiction in the above statement given that the MCDU/FMC is appreciably curtailed. I would think that the MCDU/FMC is hardly a "little thing," and that cutting back on it is part of the problem. I recognize that the demand for "airliner without the details" is apparently stronger than I realized - I'm just perplexed. The details is what is remarkable/awesome about an airliner - commercial flight at the level of the A32x is not a "kick the tires and light the fires" affair. In fairness, I will withhold further judgment until we have the 'bus in hand. I am not optimistic for an "advanced" version though... Mathis just doesn't give out the vibe that he believes the market exists.

I would have to disagree about the advanced version. I myslef would fork out over £100 for an advanced version of this product, I am fairly sure I am not alone. Having said that I am sure to thoroughly enjoy the basic.

Regards

D

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

what kind of features will the advanced version have?

more advanced fms and systems?

Too lazy to read what has been written a page before:

And we are considering an extended version, but we got no idea what will be in that or how we'll do it right now. It's not something we are working on in any way.

Otto

• Upvote 1

2 genuine questions, you guys might know the answers: first, will the navigation display arc degree turn on the map?, and second: will the "roll down the runway" sound be replicated? What I mean by that is beside engine noise, all other noise that is generated in the cockpit when rolling down the runway, I'll call it cockpit sound! : )

Regards

Dave

I'll pass on the first one, I'd have to check!

As for the second; the model does have the push and pull functions.

Push is when you enter managed flight ie follow the inputs in the fmc.

Pull is when the pilot manually controls the input for speed, heading, vertical speed.

No worries, Airbus X doesn't lack any vital functions. It is quite comprehensive for a lite addon.

Hopefully someone can answer point 1 or I'll check.

Chris

Hi Chris or someone:)

Just checking, will the airbus be able to use 'pull' items to be enetered, such as when ATC gives us a new altitude, can we enter that and have the autopilot hold it, like we can in the defualt 737. Also, can v/s be enterted as well and APR hold? Did search posts could not see an answer, been studying for exams and on placement at hospital, so tired eyes to say the least!

• Upvote 1

I really trust Mathijs as he said in previous posts that I am the ideal customer for the Airbus X.

But sometimes I have my doubts because 95% of all the posts here I completely don't understand what it is about.

That's because 95% of the posts here are not posted by the ideal customers for this Airbus... ^_^

The fact that you don't understand 95% of the posts proves you are indeed the ideal customer! As soon as you read something you don't understand, you can rest assured the post was posted by someone who isn't the kind of customer this Airbus is made for.

However, this Airbus still is great for a lot of people who DO understand what's been posted here, but who don't actually need all those things or simply don't care for them. That would be me!

Also, don't forget that the people this Airbus is really made for, hardly ever visit forums that have something to do with FS... It could well be that 95% of the people who are going to buy this Airbus, do not understand what everything posted here is about either. (The people who frequently visit FS forums is just a small percentage of all FS-users!)

• Upvote 3

I have followed the debate concerning the complexity of the Airbus X with interest. I am keen on the so called complex add ons such as PMDG 747x MD11x and Jetstream. I also enjoy the complex engine management required to fly the Catalina with realastic engines. Yet I will be more than happy to buy this product. My reasons are as follows

1 The PMDG products are not fly by wire nor do they provide the complex flight protections provided under normal law (I know the MD11 has some protection but it is no way near the complexity of Airbus). It will be interesting to see how they manage when they start work on there proposed 777 and it's protection systems are not as complex as Airbus. I would think that programming a simulated completly realstic Airbus flight protection system must be very difficult and even if successful would put a very high load on the CPU resulting in very low frame rates etc

2 Once you decide not to model the complete flight protection system etc what do you leave out? What I do know is that you will always upset someone because you left out something they have read about.

3 Imagine you had faithfully modeled systems and the result was that the cockpit and external modeling was poor (required to keep acceptable frame rates) then most people I think would be disappointed

4 Why has there never been a complex Airbus fly by wire simulation for MSFS? Maybe because it's so difficult to do.

5 I mentioned the Catalina and the realastic engine option. In this case the plane is realativly simple(no glass cockpit etc) so the realastic engines have not been at the cost of a good external modelling or a great VC.

In conclussion I will buy this product happy in the knowledge that Mathijs and his team have carefully thought about the compromises they have had to make to bring this to market. They have also been very open about the product and have stoically taken all the "slings and arrows" that have been thrown at them.

Therefore am more than happy to make a few compromises and buy what looks like the best Airbus fly by wire simulation yet produced (and likely to be produced in the foreseeable future)

Regards Nick

I would have to disagree about the advanced version. I myslef would fork out over £100 for an advanced version of this product, I am fairly sure I am not alone. Having said that I am sure to thoroughly enjoy the basic.

I'd pay $45 US for the basic version, plus another $75 US for the advanced "expansion pack" (assuming its PMDG/LDS quality with regard to systems simulation and performance (think 747X or MD11X))

Hi Mathijs .I would like to ask on FCU-- When you rotate the ND mode and ND Range knobs on the "Captain"side do they rotate on "First Officer's" side at the same time as implemented by other developers.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanking you

Sameer Manakme

Are we seeing the quiet (from the developers) before the storm (of release)? I hope so!

For now I'd already be quite happy with the manual, which should be 'closed' last weekend...! ^_^

• Aerosoft

All the checklists will be available in this format as well (still needs a bit of work though and note the overhead panel really is this dark with the aircraft cold and dark)

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/airbus/01.wmv

• Aerosoft

VATSIM has much more pilots and controllers then crappy IVAO.

I dont know from where did you get you info but its totaly off .

And this message is not acceptable in this forum. If you feel so strong about these organizations to call one 'crappy' you sure can find better places to do so.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

2 genuine questions, you guys might know the answers: first, will the navigation display arc degree turn on the map?, and second: will the "roll down the runway" sound be replicated? What I mean by that is beside engine noise, all other noise that is generated in the cockpit when rolling down the runway, I'll call it cockpit sound! : )

Regards

Dave

Yes and yes!

• Aerosoft

Hi Chris or someone:)

Just checking, will the airbus be able to use 'pull' items to be enetered, such as when ATC gives us a new altitude, can we enter that and have the autopilot hold it, like we can in the defualt 737. Also, can v/s be enterted as well and APR hold? Did search posts could not see an answer, been studying for exams and on placement at hospital, so tired eyes to say the least!

Yes and yes.

Hey, I just Stumbeled into this thread and saw the Textures of the Vc.

Just one question: Are those going to be the final textures? For me, it really looks like a 3d model. Think about adding some shadows, scratches, like you did with the Cat..

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs .I would like to ask on FCU-- When you rotate the ND mode and ND Range knobs on the "Captain"side do they rotate on "First Officer's" side at the same time as implemented by other developers.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanking you

Sameer Manakme

No, we only simulate the left seat. For starters because that where the aircraft is flown from and secondly because it avoids a lot of additional load on the systems. We simply replicate the displays. We really focus on that left seat.

Check out the painters forum below. Wish there were some consistent pictures in one format and in the same resolution so we can see the paint and details. :(

Hey, I just Stumbeled into this thread and saw the Textures of the Vc.

Just one question: Are those going to be the final textures? For me, it really looks like a 3d model. Think about adding some shadows, scratches, like you did with the Cat..

Darryl