Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

If that does not hurt fps too much we might. It is VERY CPU intensive and for us it is a very minor issue. We'll see.

Thanks for your answer. I had no idea that it is so cpu intensive. I'm curious if you are going to implement this - we'll see (hopefully soon) .

Best regards

Mat

Hi,

is the prof. version for airlines already finished or are still working on it?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Is there already a Download version available of this product? I can't seem to be able to find anything in the shop other than a pre-order box version?

Best tegards

Dave

Hi,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We are waiting for the standard edition to come out shortly (hopefully;). I believe you can use this for airliners rather well. Aerosoft has mentioned they are looking into doing a more advanced version in the future to incorporate more detalied systems, but are not commenting on it until they get the standard edition out first. Standard edition looks to be good though with approx 100 pages of documentation to help get us started, great vc, awsome exterior model. Painters look to already have some great re-paints avail too.

Simon

Hi Chris,

We are waiting for the standard edition to come out shortly (hopefully;). I believe you can use this for airliners rather well. Aerosoft has mentioned they are looking into doing a more advanced version in the future to incorporate more detalied systems, but are not commenting on it until they get the standard edition out first. Standard edition looks to be good though with approx 100 pages of documentation to help get us started, great vc, awsome exterior model. Painters look to already have some great re-paints avail too.

Simon

I think Chris meant the professional version that they were commisioned to produce, not the advanced version which is to come later.

I think Chris meant the professional version that they were commisioned to produce, not the advanced version which is to come later.

That's it.

And just as of course the FMA is rather important, vital in fact for somethings. But you got no idea how many things can be shown there and we got to make a a decision on what to use and what not to use.

FMA-wise, keep it as simple as possible if you can:) happy.gif Understand there is a wider market here than just us weekend ATC-guided simmers though:) Do your best and we value your judgement, but it least it looks to come with a decent manuel to help us newbies:)

Keep it up guys!

Simon

Hi Simon. I would not worry about the FMA's being too overwhelming. There are plenty of messages on it, true, but you could pretty much ignore them and be fine, because they're intended to be *informative*, and not instructions for the pilot. They basically just tell you the plane's current situation: autopilot modes, states, armed vs. engaged, things like that. The aircraft is telling you, "this is what I'm doing".... not "here's a nice long task list for you." Heheh. It's not Hal 9000. ;-)

Really, don't worry. A flight can be quite simple - create a flightplan and go. Or... forget doing a flightplan and go. There may be one or two things you should set, but the complexity of that is on about the same level as getting to and adjusting the radio frequencies... no big deal. So you *can* fly simple. And others who want to go more deep have that option too. The hardcore, PMDG types of simmers, that "elite" top 20 percent or whatever, will not be totally satisfied, I'm positive. But again, that's not who Aerosoft was aiming to build for. (The development costs for those PMDG planes must be HUGE. Guess that's why you don't see many w/ that level of depth. I honestly have no idea how they cover their dev costs, unless it's charity (really), or that sales are much higher than even my highest guess.)

Just wanted to say what fantastic work your doing ,piccys look fantastic indeed.

Interesting how even with this projects clearly stated target audience and goals,people still manage to...confuse themselves.

Anyway...

Please keep up the good work guys, my credit cards burning a hole through my wallet in anticipation:).

Lewis

Looks really good!

Will the functionality in terms of the autopilot/FMGS be comparable to wilco/feelthere's Airbus?

Rgds

Stuart

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, how about some screenshots of the beauty?.. blush.gif Oh, and something off-topic...i heard that you may be doing an fsx version of BAe 146..is it true?? Please dont yell at me for asking something that has nothing to do with Airbus X.. blush.gifrolleyes.gif

Damn you got good info. http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=35214

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Chris

If you mean professional being not for you folks, yes. The first version has been delivered and for the second we are waiting for a order confirmation. You also might see our bus in a video clip this summer on your tv.

If you mean professional being not for you folks, yes. The first version has been delivered and for the second we are waiting for a order confirmation. You also might see our bus in a video clip this summer on your tv.

I would be more satisfied if I could see the airbus x on my desktop in may. laugh.gif

But thank you for the info.

• Upvote 1

Not yet but we are getting there.

Thank you Mathijs. What a wonderful job you have done with this product! I can't wait. In Aerosoft we trust.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Looks really good!

Will the functionality in terms of the autopilot/FMGS be comparable to wilco/feelthere's Airbus?

Rgds

Stuart

Yes, I think it will be better in most aspects (that's just because the Wilco one is older and based on FS2004 though). We do not try to match what they do in the MCDU totally though.

But to give an illustration, we are testing the flight model right now and just now I did a take-off at FLX setting, the retracted to CLB setting then and the throttle stayed in CLB setting until I was at flaps 2 for landing. Fully managed speed mode for the whole flight. We did find one bug (I got into overspeed with FSX turbulence) and we are looking into that one. Not counting the turb I never hit 1.05 G until touchdown. Very very smooth.

• Upvote 3

well, why isn't that a version for us normal simmers? why is it just for airlines? what are the things which are special about this airliner version? and what do the companies use it for?

and (even if i don't have the chance to buy it) what is the price for it, please?

Hi Simon. I would not worry about the FMA's being too overwhelming. There are plenty of messages on it, true, but you could pretty much ignore them and be fine, because they're intended to be *informative*, and not instructions for the pilot. They basically just tell you the plane's current situation: autopilot modes, states, armed vs. engaged, things like that. The aircraft is telling you, "this is what I'm doing".... not "here's a nice long task list for you." Heheh. It's not Hal 9000. ;-)

Really, don't worry. A flight can be quite simple - create a flightplan and go. Or... forget doing a flightplan and go. There may be one or two things you should set, but the complexity of that is on about the same level as getting to and adjusting the radio frequencies... no big deal. So you *can* fly simple. And others who want to go more deep have that option too. The hardcore, PMDG types of simmers, that "elite" top 20 percent or whatever, will not be totally satisfied, I'm positive. But again, that's not who Aerosoft was aiming to build for. (The development costs for those PMDG planes must be HUGE. Guess that's why you don't see many w/ that level of depth. I honestly have no idea how they cover their dev costs, unless it's charity (really), or that sales are much higher than even my highest guess.)

Saptrintz,

Cheers bud!!

Thanks for the information. Apperiate it:) I think it should be a good step-up for me from the defualt 737; and not techincal, maybe some fun too! Should be able to handle it:) Sounds like you are getting there now. Look forward to the first video in due course:) Have fun flying and testing you lucky guys; must be alot of work though!!

Simon

Hey Mathjis i have an question.do you know an DVD that says how the Airbus works?that describes every system like in smartcockpit?i dont wanna read i do better watch.Anyone knows an DVD that describes the Airbus that im an Airbus Expert?And your airbus just fantastic.oh yeah and what does this button next to the wiper?

PS:How do you manage so much projects?Bae,Airbus Project,CRJ,Aerosoft FS2012,MA Hamburg,Holiday Airports.Isnt that too hard?

well, why isn't that a version for us normal simmers? why is it just for airlines? what are the things which are special about this airliner version? and what do the companies use it for?

and (even if i don't have the chance to buy it) what is the price for it, please?

Its not for us simmers because we simply couldn't afford it and it's not tailored for a mass market. Price is probably in the thousands of Euros and I am probably being conservative there.

Hey Mathjis i have an question.do you know an DVD that says how the Airbus works?that describes every system like in smartcockpit?i dont wanna read i do better watch.Anyone knows an DVD that describes the Airbus that im an Airbus Expert?And your airbus just fantastic.oh yeah and what does this button next to the wiper?

If you're looking for something like Angle of Attack DVD's you'll be dissapointed, cause there're not any videos for the Airbus. But you can try the VACBI (Video and audio computer based instructions, or CBT - computer based training) - it's like an interactive version of the FCOM, so obviously there wouldn't be a whole describtion of the flight starting with the start-up and ending with the shut down, but it might be interesting for you. It is used by real pilots during flight training, so it's a rather complex thing.

Yes, I think it will be better in most aspects (that's just because the Wilco one is older and based on FS2004 though). We do not try to match what they do in the MCDU totally though.

But to give an illustration, we are testing the flight model right now and just now I did a take-off at FLX setting, the retracted to CLB setting then and the throttle stayed in CLB setting until I was at flaps 2 for landing. Fully managed speed mode for the whole flight. We did find one bug (I got into overspeed with FSX turbulence) and we are looking into that one. Not counting the turb I never hit 1.05 G until touchdown. Very very smooth.

Mathjis

Thank you for that reply, just what i wanted to hear, i like to sound of smooth flight from takeoff to landing!

Will pre flight preparations be simple too? Will all the required V1/Vr/V2 speeds be provided and will it be simple to calculate Stabiliser trim settings for the take off weight? This is something that is often overlooked by developers, C of G and all that. Quite important, difference of speeding down the runway and needing pull right back on the stick to get her in the air, or, it turns into a space rocket because there's too much trim!

Stu

It's probably not for FSX ;)