Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

I still think that red pin is too far forward.

Have a look here:

http://upload.wikime...319-cockpit.jpg

And I think it is right. See we do a lot of research and as you can see in this image the pin is how it should be.

I also think it will stay the way it is, lol. If that makes it impossible for some people to enjoy the product , so be it!

post-43-127419851744_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

hey team, this question just struck me. for the advanced version you have mentioned that it will be a low cost upgrade to the original release. will you be able to do this for both download and boxed versions (optimistically speaking ofc :))

A tentative yes to that. We really have not given the extended version much thought and I caution everybody to count on any feature, release time etc.

• Aerosoft

Well spoken :goodjob_s:

And please aerosoft stop posting screenshots until the final relaease oft the Bus. That's bad for the community, but IMHO the only way to stop those egotrips of some "professionells"

Otto

No, we'll do no such thing. Most people enjoy to see how a project is glued together over time. That it has these side effects, well yeah, it happens.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Forgive me for sounding silly, but isn't that exactly what a beta test is for? By tearing apart the beta, and finding every I that needs dotting and T that needs crossing, the result is a smooth, stable, accurate product that your customers enjoy. If you think that 'good enough will do' is an acceptable quality standard, then go have a look at the airsimmer product and see how well that standard has worked for them.

Your post makes it 'sound' like you have caught and fixed every thing mentioned, but your tone and your defensiveness suggest otherwise. If you really had such a GREAT bunch of beta testers, those simple, and obvious, errors, would never have lasted long enough to have been posted.

And finally, had you put the effort into considering the original comments that you put into writing your resposte, you would know whether it was wind speed or direction.

I am sorry, so we should never show any picture of a beta that is not 100% okay? I do not appreciate the stab at our beta testers who are doing a great job under some harsh conditions. The childish comment towards one of our developers earns you a two week ban.

• Aerosoft

I've some little question (I don't know if they're allready been asked before):

1) why does the cockpit looks that blue?

I think in reality it looks more grey then blue, doesn't it?

2) you said that this a320/321 will finally have the same fps in fsx like the default airbus,

so why do you recommend an i7 cpu?

I hope this airbus will be great!!!

2bsc

I think the color is rather good, in fact we got the correct rgb from the company so we know it is in principle exact. But light conditions for images and the harsh sunlight on many images makes it look a bit different. It's a shame we can not recreate that in FSX.

We advise a strong CPU because these aircraft will be mostly used on complex airports and those are problematic in FSX.

Update...... Stefan just send me an image that we made to get the colors as good as possible. The image was made with the best possible light conditions and white balance (or how that's called) calibrated.

post-43-127420106733_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

Speaking of ungrammatical, I spot at least two errors in that reply of yours. So maybe you should keep a lower profile on the lecturing of others on their grammatical abilities. Unless you like having your own errors picked out by a non-native speaker. :P

Gents, cmjA320 has been removed from this forum for obvious reasons. There will always be trolls and even I make the mistake of replying to them.

Let's move on!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Dear saprince !!

First of all, I started saying "Just a comment" so Aerosoft can take it or leave it...

Secondly, you are not the one who's its going to tell me if it meant for me ot not... it's my pocket.

Open question? What its the purpose of this beta testing?

by the way, the FMA its a very important thing on this airbus.

besos y abrazos!!rolleyes.gif

The reason to beta test is to find problems before they get released. That's a silly thing to hope for with 110.000 lines of code but we sure try!

And of course you decide if you want to buy it, but we got make products with a specific customer in mind. The problems we got with customers are easily divided into two groups, the first group is expecting more and the second group is not fully able to handle the product (and that's no negative comment, I do not fly PMDG aircraft because they are too complex for me, I simply do not have the time to learn how to use them fully)

And just as of course the FMA is rather important, vital in fact for somethings. But you got no idea how many things can be shown there and we got to make a a decision on what to use and what not to use.

• Aerosoft

yup same its usually comes around 30

We only locked it then to open a new topic. But certainly not because some trolls are having a party. Most people here are fine folks who want some info, want to discuss a few things, want to let us know what they would like and that's very welcome.

• Aerosoft

Talking of cutting grass, How is your motor racing coming along? Perhaps you can start a thread in radio chatter to keep us up to date?

Are you kidding? The Elise is gathering dust at this moment. The Airbus (and other projects) plus AFS2013 is eating my time. Late at night I sit in the pit (wondering who the seats seem to get smaller each year) and softly talk to her, telling her things will get better and that she'll get an the most expensive oil in two weeks. An then she and I will things like this again:

Don't feel sorry though, I got the best job in the world.

Are you kidding? The Elise is gathering dust at this moment. The Airbus (and other projects) plus AFS2013 is eating my time. Late at night I sit in the pit (wondering who the seats seem to get smaller each year) and softly talk to her, telling her things will get better and that she'll get an the most expensive oil in two weeks. An then she and I will things like this again:

Wow! that guy was seriously good! I wish I was as good as that when I play Rfactor lol. Oh and yep, you are right you got the best job in the world!

Well while it's been interesting to watch two threads of bickering so far, what's really caught my eye is the tape measure presented to us a couple of pages back. I'm sure whoever is holding this rather fancy tape should be wearing bright red nail varnish.

post-2239-12742034935_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Well while it's been interesting to watch two threads of bickering so far, what's really caught my eye is the tape measure presented to us a couple of pages back. I'm sure whoever is holding this rather fancy tape should be wearing bright red nail varnish.

Briefly borrowed from my wife...

Mathijs, how about some screenshots of the beauty?.. blush.gif Oh, and something off-topic...i heard that you may be doing an fsx version of BAe 146..is it true?? Please dont yell at me for asking something that has nothing to do with Airbus X.. blush.gifrolleyes.gif

Hi Ilia and welcome to the aerosoft forums.

The developers are hoping for a release sometime before the end of May 2010 so it's not long now. Of course you have to understand this is still a provisional date until it is announced officially on these forums by aerosoft themselves.

Thank you for your answer. I will wait for release ;)

Dear saprince !!

First of all, I started saying "Just a comment" so Aerosoft can take it or leave it...

Secondly, you are not the one who's its going to tell me if it meant for me ot not... it's my pocket.

Open question? What its the purpose of this beta testing?

by the way, the FMA its a very important thing on this airbus.

besos y abrazos!!rolleyes.gif

Okay, this one easily deserves another "Geeze!"

First, that's not my name, "saprince." Is it not worth it to get that right? My correct name was only inches away while you were typing it incorrectly. Please at least get that right before launching veiled digs or insults. Fair enough?

Second, no one's telling you whether we think *you*, with your own way of simming which we do not know, should buy the product or not. I certainly said nothing even *close* to that, and I'd love for you to find and post text that looks otherwise. (Can you?) But you'll certainly allow Aerosoft the right to have a target audience in mind when they develop a product, right? And also the right (obligation?!?) to post information and such about who that target audience is, to give product features and details and so on? And why would you perceive either of those two things as some kind of threat to your own wallet's autonomy? That seems strange to me, that's all

Third: how many times has it been said. The FMA's have barely been touched *on the PFD's*... but don't be alarmed. It just turns out that they are best developed and tested **on a 2D panel**. No need to explain why. But you can see why lacking certain information is dangerous, if you're going to imply that a dev team must not know what it's doing or the very basics.

Fourth: do you really think the dev team thinks basic FMA's are not important? (Please read 3 again.) What % chance would you put on that being the attitude? And again, consider that you don't know many relevant things....

YOUR WHOLE POST, joemc, perfectly illuminates the danger of alarmist, erroneous, uninformed bug-reporting... posts by people who simply are not informed and, it turns it, probably did have an agenda with the "bug" reporting, since he did not like the reply he got when requesting to be on the beta team. So if any responses seemed heavy handed, that's why -- we smelled it, and "wanted to head it off at the pass."

Again, if you see glaring errors, that would suggest lack of even rudimentary knowledge as to FMA's or autopilot modes or something, that suggests something's in testing or is substituted or whatever. There's a good reason.

But if you find something small, that a reasonable person might think was just not caught by those on this side, please, DO report it! It's appreciated. You may get only a simple response of "it's fixed" or "actually that's not an issue" or "on the list already" or even a "thank you! We overlooked that."

Mathijs, how about some screenshots of the beauty?.. blush.gif Oh, and something off-topic...i heard that you may be doing an fsx version of BAe 146..is it true?? Please dont yell at me for asking something that has nothing to do with Airbus X.. blush.gifrolleyes.gif

a few shots of the tail section of the bus would be great...

i hope that it's true that aerosoft makes anBAe 146, because many people asked for it, but first the airbus x please!

@iliaRUSpilot:

we all do (what else? the NGX is not ready yet and the airbus x is even going to look better in the VC!)

please aerosoft hurry up, waiting for the airbus x is so hard for us:grouprespect_s:

i think if the airbus comes out we all are going to spend many hours just on this plane, (for me at least 100, without flying any ohter plane in this time) what about you all?

what do you think how much time are you all going to spend on the aerosoft airbus x when it arrives on market?

a few shots of the tail section of the bus would be great...

i hope that it's true that aerosoft makes anBAe 146, because many people asked for it, but first the airbus x please!

@iliaRUSpilot:

we all do (what else? the NGX is not ready yet and the airbus x is even going to look better in the VC!)

please aerosoft hurry up, waiting for the airbus x is so hard for us:grouprespect_s:

i think if the airbus comes out we all are going to spend many hours just on this plane, (for me at least 100, without flying any ohter plane in this time) what about you all?

what do you think how much time are you all going to spend on the aerosoft airbus x when it arrives on market?

Totaly agree with you Emi! There is a gap in flight simulation today, since we have no payware BAEs, only bad quality freeware! Now concerning Airbus X, I think I may even sacrifice my uni exams just for flying endlessly this plane hahaha!! tongue.gif

Totaly agree with you Emi! There is a gap in flight simulation today, since we have no payware BAEs, only bad quality freeware! Now concerning Airbus X, I think I may even sacrifice my uni exams just for flying endlessly this plane hahaha!! tongue.gif

you totally understand what i meant

keep flying

regards

Emi

Now concerning Airbus X, I think I may even sacrifice my uni exams just for flying endlessly this plane hahaha!! tongue.gif

Haha, yeah I just finished my final uni exams luckily, because as soon as this comes out, I definately won't be doing much for a while!

Haha, yeah I just finished my final uni exams luckily, because as soon as this comes out, I definately won't be doing much for a while!

LOL lucky you! happy.gif I'm glad that we all share the same feeling about the incoming add-on laugh.gif

The reason to beta test is to find problems before they get released. That's a silly thing to hope for with 110.000 lines of code but we sure try!

And of course you decide if you want to buy it, but we got make products with a specific cuaststomer in mind. The problems we got with customers are easily divided into two groups, the first group is expecting more and the second group is not fully able to handle the product (and that's no negative comment, I do not fly PMDG aircraft because they are too complex for me, I simply do not have the time to learn how to use them fully)

And just as of course the FMA is rather important, vital in fact for somethings. But you got no idea how many things can be shown there and we got to make a a decision on what to use and what not to use.

FMA-wise, keep it as simple as possible if you can:) happy.gif Understand there is a wider market here than just us weekend ATC-guided simmers though:) Do your best and we value your judgement, but it least it looks to come with a decent manuel to help us newbies:)

Keep it up guys!

Simon

• Upvote 2

Could I ask, is this product released yet? I can't seem to see any online marketing for it, not even on Aerosoft front page?

Regards

I'll take the car for a spin if you're not using it as much as you did, keep it warm :)

• Upvote 2