Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

The rudder pedals allow some degree of nose wheel steering on the ground,but generally the tiller is used.

To be more precise:

The tiller AND the rudder pedals (and the Autopilot) send their commands to the Brake and Steering Control Unit (BSCU).

The BSCU transforms these orders into the nose wheel steering angle.

a ) with the rudder pedals you can steer +/-6° (which linearly decreases to 0° at 130 kts)

b ) with the tiller you can steer +/-75° (this angle decreases linearly to 0° at 70 kts).

FSX itself doesn´t allow to separate tiller and rudder (but there is a way via payware FSUIPC which even simulates

the decreasing tiller authority. So you could use a second joystick or steering wheel as a tiller).

Timo

FSX itself doesn´t allow to separate tiller and rudder (but there is a way via payware FSUIPC which even simulates

the decreasing tiller authority. So you could use a second joystick or steering wheel as a tiller).

Actually FSX has this functionality avaliable to the aircraft developers, while FSUIPC unlocks it to the end users (among other functions). For example in A2A B377 you already have separate steering wheel controllable via VC, key shortcuts or even joystick axis.

Hey guys,

Quicke, why in some of the earlier screen shots is the autopilot stack digits a white color and the newer ones seem to be an orange/amber color? Is this something we can can control (ie cockpit lightgs on or off?) or have the developers changed. Any help would be great:) Would like the white digits in the day, but have no idea if this is possible?

:)

Simon

Guest cmjA320

To be more precise:

The tiller AND the rudder pedals (and the Autopilot) send their commands to the Brake and Steering Control Unit (BSCU).

The BSCU transforms these orders into the nose wheel steering angle.

a ) with the rudder pedals you can steer +/-6° (which linearly decreases to 0° at 130 kts)

b ) with the tiller you can steer +/-75° (this angle decreases linearly to 0° at 70 kts).

Timo

It is not actually linear!Fcom 1.32.20 p1

:

Orders from rudder pedals +-6 degrees from 0-just over 40 kt and then linear to 0 degrees at 130 kt aircraft ground speed.

From the tiller it is +-75 degrees from 0-20kt then linear to 0 degrees at 70 kt aircraft ground speed.

Why should you know this?If you have an engine failure above 130 kt the only thing that is going to keep you on the centre line of the runway is the rudder until you decell andthe nosewheel steering helps you out a little.

The next question to ask is where does the bscu get its speed info from?Answer an adirs.There is a story that goes around of a ground engineer who tried to taxi a 320 with the engines running but without aligning an ADIRS-result was very expensive!!

...There is a story that goes around of a ground engineer who tried to taxi a 320 with the engines running but without aligning an ADIRS-result was very expensive!!..

ooouuuch! :fallingbricks_s:

Hi to all!!

I thought this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any helpful result via search function (I was trying to search for "curve").

Will the navigation display show curved lines between two waypoints? I think you haven't decided yet the last time this question has been asked. But as the release seems to be imminent I hope you guys have decided by now. I really hope to see a smooth curved line between all waypoints and not just a straight line ... ?

Thx in advance

Mat

hey team, this question just struck me. for the advanced version you have mentioned that it will be a low cost upgrade to the original release. will you be able to do this for both download and boxed versions (optimistically speaking ofc :))

Hi Mathijs,

You mentioned late last week that you have overcome some hurdles and that you would have a better view of how things were progressing by the close of the weekend.

Accordingly, I'm sure more than a few of us would love to hear how the weekend went!

Appreciate it's only 0330z right now, but then us antipodeans have always been a tad 'ahead' of you Europeans. :-)

Mark

HI guys just a coment

-LOC green on PFD should be in the upper line of the FMA

If it was there, it should be BLUE, armed mode

-in the EFIS control panel WAY selected and no waypoints showed on ND

Couple shots from this afternoon's beta flight :

cockpit_a321.jpg

cockpit2_a321.jpg

Was established very late because of a bad navigation

cockpit3_a321.jpg

Took it in for maintenance after that hard landing tongue.gif

maint_a321.jpg

will be the airbus X relased tomorrow ?

why do you think so? of cause it would be nice, but aerosoft sayed: "at the end of the month" and as far as i know the month has a few weeks left, right?

did you read the older posts in this forum? if yes then please just ask if something has changed about the releasedate, but don't ask for a direct date, pls

regards

Emi

why do you think so? of cause it would be nice, but aerosoft sayed: "at the end of the month" and as far as i know the month has a few weeks left, right?

did you read the older posts in this forum? if yes then please just ask if something has changed about the releasedate, but don't ask for a direct date, pls

regards

Emi

Well, passively speaking, Aerosoft did announce the release of the Aerosoft Airbus X (On the Pre-Order section of their website) specifically on May 17th. However, they did say that there are no guarantees attached to this date.

HI guys just a coment

-LOC green on PFD should be in the upper line of the FMA

If it was there, it should be BLUE, armed mode

-in the EFIS control panel WAY selected and no waypoints showed on ND

Geeze, guys, c'mon, please. ;-) [And joemc, this is not all meant for you.] But honestly, to address it in general, what good does tearing apart a beta do for anyone, or everyone as a whole?? I know there are ego strokes involved for the people picking it apart, since they get to show how much they know or how great their eye for detail is, but who else does it help, considering the alarm that kind of thing stirs?? No, I do not perceive it all, especially a few pages back, as benevolent, well-meaning bug reporting; everyone knows by now that we have a GREAT beta team, and we've said before that testers or developers mix and match various, often very old, versions of different gauges or features or whatever, for reasons that probably only a developer and maybe a veteran beta-tester would totally understand.

The things pointed out in the last few pages do not mean "uh-oh, Aerosoft doesn't even notice the wind is saying 200 knots!!" (I've not even looked at the pics in question, but whoever mentioned a wind of 200 knots... first, are you sure that wasn't the wind's *heading*? Second, if it WAS where speed should be, if it was reversed or something, does anyone genuinely think that that kind of thing would continue on not ever recognized?) This is not meant as a criticism. It's meant to be informative. But we've got a great beta team, some real experts on it, and have shared several times info such as the things that are causing the road-blocks, w/ the autopilot or Navigraph's best implementation or whatever. And something like the ND, in any given pic, might possibly even be months old (literally), a place-holder put in there by a lone beta tester to compare something or get rid of an ugly, test-string-infested "experiment."

And what some may be thinking, that the very *fact* that there would even need to be a place-holder... please (not sarcastic here at all), really, go look in the SDK and merely begin to develop even a single basic gauge, some kind of rudimentary digital readout of your favorite information, and you will absolutely get a glimpse as to why such screenshot "errors" happen, why they do not mean that the sky is falling, and why the fact that issue X or Y is in some screenshot really is not good cause for certain reactions, especially the "yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater" response.

In fact, you might even think of it like this: if you see something BIG that's wrong, like absurd text in the FMA section, there's a reason for it, as we're TESTING things, things that can only become coordinated in a stepping stone fashion. (What I mean is: developer A implements something, B adapts and adds, then A adapts to THOSE modifications by B and adds still more, and so on, w/ the need to go back and look at some weeks-old interaction probably inevitable.)

Don't get me wrong, because I personally want the minor things pointed out. The detailed eyes are appreciated! But big things... they're actually most likely to not be issues. Maybe judgment can be exercised in "reporting" such bugs, after considering whether it really is likely that both developers and beta team members probably would not notice this kind of thing. It'll save you time too. But if you think it likely to slip by, by all mean, please report! (But recognize that we're beyond the phase of "okay, we'll add that feature before release.")

But to start with the piranha behavior already...? Personally, I think it makes a developer less enthusiastic about sharing anything at all. And in fact it may reinforce an exhausting, enthusiasm-dampening, time-consuming, and dreadful reminder on this end: many users will never be satisfied, and worst of all will sometimes not even be *mildly* content, until the absence of their favorite rivet has been addressed, the rationale for its absence shared, then discussed at length, at large, and until the rivet-haunted simmer has elicited validation and support from other users that it really *is* a big issue, and that you other simmers should be unhappy with it too. Have we not all seen this time and time again. I was just now reminded of all of that kind of thing. Makes me want to take a longer lunch! (But I won't.)

"Would they otherwise miss this issue" is the key question. Because, please consider, whenever any beta screenshots are posted, they're probably intended to appease a forum's voracious appetite, and give a *general* idea of how things look. You can especially assume this if it just says [paraphrasing] "look how nice these pics I'm posting are." If anyone honestly thinks we wouldn't know the difference between altitude hold and airspeed hold, whatever it was, how in the heck do you even tolerate following a beta's progress at all? Seems like it would be very stressful! ;-)

• Upvote 8

I agree totally...you guys are doing awsome job and thanks for keeping us updated. I am so excited about the product due to the screenies and your companies commuication about the product! Awesome job again and keep up the goodwork; your work is valued!!

Cheers,

Simon

• Deputy Sheriffs
Geeze, guys, c'mon, please. ;-) [And joemc, this is not all meant for you.] But honestly, to address it in general, what good does tearing apart a beta do for anyone, or everyone as a whole?? I know there are ego strokes involved for the people picking it apart, since they get to show how much they know or how great their eye for detail is, but who else does it help, considering the alarm that kind of thing stirs?? No, I do not perceive it all, especially a few pages back, as benevolent, well-meaning bug reporting; everyone knows by now that we have a GREAT beta team, and we've said before that testers or developers mix and match various, often very old, versions of different gauges or features or whatever, for reasons that probably only a developer and maybe a veteran beta-tester would totally understand....

Well spoken :goodjob_s:

And please aerosoft stop posting screenshots until the final relaease oft the Bus. That's bad for the community, but IMHO the only way to stop those egotrips of some "professionells"

Otto

• Upvote 2

Geeze, guys, c'mon, please. ;-) [And joemc, this is not all meant for you.] But honestly, to address it in general, what good does tearing apart a beta do for anyone, or everyone as a whole?? ;-)

Forgive me for sounding silly, but isn't that exactly what a beta test is for? By tearing apart the beta, and finding every I that needs dotting and T that needs crossing, the result is a smooth, stable, accurate product that your customers enjoy. If you think that 'good enough will do' is an acceptable quality standard, then go have a look at the airsimmer product and see how well that standard has worked for them.

Your post makes it 'sound' like you have caught and fixed every thing mentioned, but your tone and your defensiveness suggest otherwise. If you really had such a GREAT bunch of beta testers, those simple, and obvious, errors, would never have lasted long enough to have been posted.

And finally, had you put the effort into considering the original comments that you put into writing your resposte, you would know whether it was wind speed or direction.

I've some little question (I don't know if they're allready been asked before):

1) why does the cockpit looks that blue?

I think in reality it looks more grey then blue, doesn't it?

2) you said that this a320/321 will finally have the same fps in fsx like the default airbus,

so why do you recommend an i7 cpu?

I hope this airbus will be great!!!

2bsc

Forgive me for sounding silly, but isn't that exactly what a beta test is for? By tearing apart the beta, and finding every I that needs dotting and T that needs crossing, the result is a smooth, stable, accurate product that your customers enjoy. If you think that 'good enough will do' is an acceptable quality standard, then go have a look at the airsimmer product and see how well that standard has worked for them.

Your post makes it 'sound' like you have caught and fixed every thing mentioned, but your tone and your defensiveness suggest otherwise. If you really had such a GREAT bunch of beta testers, those simple, and obvious, errors, would never have lasted long enough to have been posted.

And finally, had you put the effort into considering the original comments that you put into writing your resposte, you would know whether it was wind speed or direction.

I think you may not have interpreted Saprintz correctly. He was not refering to the purpose of the Beta, but to the pointless efforts of people outside the Beta team commenting on work that is still in progress; were it is know that some things need fixing, and some place holders need implementing properly.

It is unfair to say that a better team would have had the 'obvious' issues fixed. It isn't always obvious when coding these gauges etc whilst being constrained by the FSX SDK.

People have been informed here several times of the following:

1. Screenshots shown are work in progress and may not be accurate at this time.

2. This is a basic version so everything may not be modelled, and it will be done so with what is achieveable within the FSX SDK.

3. The colour and display within the cockpit can be customised on an airline by airline basis. So you will see differences if you look at various pics on Airliners.net etc.

Some people just do not listen, and comment with neither the aircraft nor software experience.

I have been tempted to do some screenshots and maybe a video given the number of requests. However, given the recent statements, I can see it is not going to be worth the trouble.

It is my recommendation to the team that we don't show any further screenshots until just before release. That way the focus can remain on the work that needs to be done with no distractions.

Chris

• Upvote 5

It is my recommendation to the team that we don't show any further screenshots until just before release. That way the focus can remain on the work that needs to be done with no distractions.

Chris

Dear Chris,

I hope you don't. I think that most of the people here at this forum very much appreciate the way you (aerosoft) keep your customers informed.

Anyway I do appreciate. It's nice to see the work in progress and you know where you are paying for at the end.

Eric

• Upvote 3

On dear! You have not looked at the pictures, yet you are prepared to lambast those of us who may notice such things as an incorrect atmospheric model.

It is not a fault of the sim but rather the tester who inputed the weather data in such unrealistic fashion but I suppose you have to cater for those who will but this game based on their experience in super mario.

Perhaps you would like to post the biographies of your "great beta team" and some description of their expertise in real world airbus operations.

I am waiting agog for your reply

PS there is no such word as GEEZE!

I sense a slight whiff of sour grapes here.

• Upvote 1

... and do not want to hear constructive criticism ...

...constructive criticism is always welcome in a respectful manner!

Seriously, as a professional you don´t need to be so excited and pretend the wise guy.

You cannot know in which state of "work in progress" the DU´s or the FMA are - only we know, right?

So if you get a product AFTER the release where the windspeed and direction are interchanged, then you may moan.

But please: not before! The screenshots were not shown to ask for bugs, but to stimulate the appetite.

Otherwise we will post the next screenshot with the subtilte: "don´t look at the PFD,ND,FMA,MCDU,FCU,gear lever etc,

because all still WORK IN PROGRESS!" That would be ridiculous, or?

And if someone lands on 24R in LEPA??? Who the hell cares??? (BTW, 24R has a very nice ILS LOC PAA 109.9 - so why not?)

No offense, really. But i have to play some levels in super mario now before I continue testing this great bird... ;)

Timo

• Upvote 2

If I don't remember bad someone was also rewarded for a note on screenshots not noticed by developers....

So I don't understand why now, if someone is just saying I noticed a missmatch on this or ont that, the reply could not be ''ok we already know this and it's fixed thanks'' ????

Fra

• Upvote 4