Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

On the pfd there is no Vls

The airfield is Palma and the preferential runway there is 24L not the right as we see here.

The pressure settings are also different in the images.If you are going to land on QFE then this pressure is always less than QNH,not 12mb/hpa more as we see here The red knob on the centre windscreen pillar does not extend outwards as shown here.There are three knobs/pins and they all sit within a small alcove on the pillar The hf selcal code is missing next to the registration.

The wind speed on the ND is very unrealistic -200+kt???

I would prefer: "Thanks for the screenshots!"

Timo

• Upvote 7

The airfield is Palma and the preferential runway there is 24L not the right as we see here.

The pressure settings are also different in the images.If you are going to land on QFE then this pressure is always less than QNH,not 12mb/hpa more as we see here The red knob on the centre windscreen pillar does not extend outwards as shown here.There are three knobs/pins and they all sit within a small alcove on the pillar The hf selcal code is missing next to the registration.

I know you are an airbus pilot so would you be able to tell me what the "3 Pins / Knobs" are for, I was always curious about them???

I would prefer: "Thanks for the screenshots!"

Timo

He did say thanks but he also helped along aswell, be nice, at least these bug are now if they wern't befor known about, now atleast the

team have time to change it before others come along and complain.

I say well done CMJ320.^_^^_^^_^

• Upvote 3

Guest cmjA320

Thank you for the screen shots! The three pins,two white one red,are to ensure you are sitting in the correct position to land the aircraft,especially when you are trying to establish a visual reference on an autoland.

If I do not point out things which are incorrect you will have magazine reviewers and sim forum members telling you about them after you have released the product!

I want this sim to be successful because I actually like flying the 320 and I hope that if the sales of the initial release are good then a more professional version will be released soon.

• Upvote 2

Guys you have much to do before release! The Cockpit is to Dark for me, too!

Aerosoft, you are doing a great job! I think the vc looks beautiful and the lighting is fine.

The items CmjA320 talking about seems a little picky as this is still a Beta and this

product is intended for the novice pilot like me who wants a step up from default aircraft

without having to waste valuable time worrying about pressures, pin colors etc, detalied FMC and

blah blah!

Keep up the good work and get this little baby out when you feel its ready!biggrin.gif

Simon

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

I actually thought the cockpit lighting looked fine.

In aviation I work on the premise that if you are going to fly then you should do it properly and professionally and that is why I like to see items properly represented and simulated.To somebody who has never flown the aircraft then I suppose I am being picky but to me as a professional these items grate.The bus is a very different beast to a conventional aircraft in the way it handles and the way information is displayed in the cockpit and that is what sets it apart.

• Upvote 3

BTW. This is the best VC looks-wise for an Airbus product in FSX to date. BY FAR. Got my damn excited I must say. I am lucky that it will be relativevly easy to fly with not too many systems to learn so people in the same shoes as me can get out and really see the sky that FSX has to offer. It will be a great compliment to ut2, rex 2, gex, utx, your awsome U.S city packs and airport packs! Awesome job so far again!

Simon

No worries cmja320. I have been simming off and on with MSFS realted products since I was a kid of 6 back in 1986! Just do flights when i get a sec between uni and work etc. I mainly use ATC guided flights along with GPS and ILS etc. I know its basic, but its just a game and thats me at the present stage:) Your feedback seems constructive and useful even if I was all greek to me;) lol, the product looks good and will hopefully get me out of the damned default 737-800!! Keep up the good eyes!

Thank you for the screen shots! The three pins,two white one red,are to ensure you are sitting in the correct position to land the aircraft,especially when you are trying to establish a visual reference on an autoland.

If I do not point out things which are incorrect you will have magazine reviewers and sim forum members telling you about them after you have released the product!

I want this sim to be successful because I actually like flying the 320 and I hope that if the sales of the initial release are good then a more professional version will be released soon.

Hi,

I understand what you mean. I may have not followed all the procedures to the letter, we are testing and trying to find issues. My shots were just to show you how nice everything looked ;)

And don't worry about the advanced version I'm positive it will be done later on.

I think the main goal right now is getting a stable, realistic, good looking airbus. To be very honest, it goes way further than what was planned last summer! It just got better and better BUT remains accessible to all without reading 500 pages... Don't forget that we don't all have the chance of being a real world airbus pilot ;)

Keep in mind this was never supposed to be a pro aircraft ;)

• Upvote 1

I actually thought the cockpit lighting looked fine.

In aviation I work on the premise that if you are going to fly then you should do it properly and professionally and that is why I like to see items properly represented and simulated.To somebody who has never flown the aircraft then I suppose I am being picky but to me as a professional these items grate.The bus is a very different beast to a conventional aircraft in the way it handles and the way information is displayed in the cockpit and that is what sets it apart.

I'm not a real pilot, but I agree with your comments. The errors on the FMA were very glaring, and really distract from the rest of the project. I'm hoping these are recognized as bugs in the beta, and not accepted as okay for a simplified version of the Airbus.

Curt

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Tjeee, that's the problem with showing work in progress, really no need to list all that is rather obviously missing. Nothing wrong with the pins though..

post-43-127400432563_thumb.jpg

Guest cmjA320

I still think that red pin is too far forward.

Have a look here:

Please login to display this image.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

mathijs one general airbus question, on ground , you control the front gear with this "stick/tiller" on this picture, true? cause with the pedal you can only control the vertical tail and the breaks? (on the picture i mean the black stick beside of the airbus joystick)

Please login to display this image.

Guest cmjA320

The rudder pedals allow some degree of nose wheel steering on the ground,but generally the tiller is used.

In FS I've never seen the tiller represented, I think it's not a supported feature, the airbus is controlled with the rudder on the ground...

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

In FS I've never seen the tiller represented, I think it's not a supported feature, the airbus is controlled with the rudder on the ground...

in FS maybe, but not in real life. cause how do you wanna control the gear on the ground with the pedals? you need them for the tail and the breaks.

Of course I was refer to the fact that FS does not model/use a tiller, not that it's not used in real life...

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Of course I was refer to the fact that FS does not model/use a tiller, not that it's not used in real life...

hehe ok but i mean the real airbus