Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hi Mathijs, I know the project isn't finished yet, and the extended edition will not be looked at for some time, but I was wondering if there was the possibility that aerosoft had considered expanding the model some time after release, similar to what PMDG did with the 747-8, for the A320ng? I don't have any experience modelling so I fully understand if it's a project thats not on the cards, but as far as I understand, the only differences are the sharklets, redesigned engine pylons and strengthened landing gear, so I imagine that this would not require an entire new model?

Cheers

Chris

1470002.jpg

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, both the CFM's and the IAE's make that sound and I guess that most other current engines do as well. It is because the blades are mounted with a tolerance (somewhat loose and flexible). While the engine is windmilling, the blades on top fall down into their fitting and the blades at the bottom fall down to the outer end of their fitting (only a couple of millimeters of course because of said tolerance of the fittings). While the engine is running, the centrifugal force pull all blades to the outside. If I remember it right, this also makes the engine a bit less vulnerable to birds strikes, because a "loose" blade bends more during the impact.

I hope my explanation made sense, 'cause I having a hard time explaining what I mean in english. :rolleyes:

However, although I know that this sound is there in reality, I really wouldn't miss it, if you wouldn't add it.

Nice video by the way: The Hamburg Shopper (Arguably the ugliest livery on the planet), an aircraft which was part of my employers fleet for several years.

Mmmm live and learn! I'll see if we can add that effect.

• Aerosoft

For now the only thing I think I will be missing is the ability to enter a Hold, a simple version of it would do it great. Have this changed Mathijs?

Cheers!

Miguel Santos

No. Really the flight planning (though using navigraph to be ready for an update later) is very much the same as default FSX to keep the product simple enough for the customers we have in mind. I know a lot of readers here want more advanced versions but those were simply never intended for this product.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs, I know the project isn't finished yet, and the extended edition will not be looked at for some time, but I was wondering if there was the possibility that aerosoft had considered expanding the model some time after release, similar to what PMDG did with the 747-8, for the A320ng? I don't have any experience modelling so I fully understand if it's a project thats not on the cards, but as far as I understand, the only differences are the sharklets, redesigned engine pylons and strengthened landing gear, so I imagine that this would not require an entire new model?

Perhaps...

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Yes of course, I also want to know that. But it is quiet the last few days here, unfortunately.

But behind the scene a lot of progress was made. We solved two major issues that bugged us for months. After the weekend we should have a good idea on the release state.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your answer Mathijs, that's not a big problem, I can allways manually perform an hold.

Thank you very much and looking forward to crash-land your A320 biggrin.gif

Miguel Santos

No. Really the flight planning (though using navigraph to be ready for an update later) is very much the same as default FSX to keep the product simple enough for the customers we have in mind. I know a lot of readers here want more advanced versions but those were simply never intended for this product.

But behind the scene a lot of progress was made. We solved two major issues that bugged us for months. After the weekend we should have a good idea on the release state.

Glad to hear that!! I can see huge progress over the last days! rolleyes.gif By the way,what kind of bugs were they? I mean what did they have to do with..If you mind of course.. happy.gif

That is good news, thanks Mathijs.

Can you tell me how big the manual is (how many pages)? Looking forward to read it.

Thanks again for your answer.

Hey Mathijs,

could you tell us anything about the progress of the manual? It would be great too if you could give us hungry, patiently waiting customers some new shots or a video of something you choose! We have seen plenty already of this aircraft but there is certainly something that could make our yaws drop to the floor again ;-)

Conchi

• Aerosoft

That is good news, thanks Mathijs.

Can you tell me how big the manual is (how many pages)? Looking forward to read it.

Thanks again for your answer.

Think we'll end up with around 100 pages in

• Normal Checklist
  • PF/PNF Procedure guide
  • Normal Procedures Manual
  • Systems Manual
  • Quick Guide

We are now checking if it matches the actual things in the aircraft and then we'll send it of for proofreading (and I will take up somebody on his offer here!)

• Normal Checklist
  • PF/PNF Procedure guide
  • Systems Manual
  • Quick Guide

We are now checking if it matches the actual things in the aircraft and then we'll send it of for proofreading (and I will take up somebody on his offer here!)

so are you going to have a checklist that is like the real deal not just a manual?

• Normal Checklist
  • PF/PNF Procedure guide
  • Systems Manual
  • Quick Guide

Great news! Looking forward to checking with mono laser printer soon.

Mathijs. I am a profesional technical writer here in United States for the last 25 years for an aerospace company (not Boeing). Would love to proof-read the Airbus A320 manual for you. I also have access to various A320 manuals and Honeywell FMS guides also to use as reference when a reference is needed.

Edward Louie

• Upvote 3

Couple shots from this afternoon's beta flight :

cockpit_a321.jpg

cockpit2_a321.jpg

Was established very late because of a bad navigation

cockpit3_a321.jpg

Took it in for maintenance after that hard landing :P

maint_a321.jpg

• Upvote 3

oh sweet god, that plane is beautiful!!!! gimme gimme gimme!!! :lust3_s:In all seriousness though, I can't wait for this to be released and show all of those doubters at my VA just how wonderful it is! I've been lobbying hard in our forums for getting people to buy it! I'm getting through to a few people. But once it's released they'll be no doubting how spectacular it is! And once again thanks Mathjis and others for being so open and honest on these forums, it helps me help you outside these forum walls! Keep up the good work!

Guest cmjA320

There are a couple of mistakes in those pictures.When Loc appears in the second line it appears in blue as it is armed,not green.All engaged modes appear in the top line.You also had auto thrust engaged by the pb on the fcu but it does not appear in speed mode in the fma which would be the default setting with the FD off or on for an approach.The athr should be in speed mode..

You cannot have 1fd2 appear in the fma and the fd bars on display on the pfd without any mode engaged in the fma .

• Upvote 5

Guest cmjA320

On the pfd there is no Vls

The airfield is Palma and the preferential runway there is 24L not the right as we see here.

The pressure settings are also different in the images.If you are going to land on QFE then this pressure is always less than QNH,not 12mb/hpa more as we see here The red knob on the centre windscreen pillar does not extend outwards as shown here.There are three knobs/pins and they all sit within a small alcove on the pillar The hf selcal code is missing next to the registration.

The wind speed on the ND is very unrealistic -200+kt???

• Upvote 4