Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Still a few questions, though... AFAIK real life SIDS and STARS also make use of virtual waypoints - "DME 11.5 on radial 276 from the XYZ VOR" for example. Will this be possible in the FMC of Aerosoft's Airbus? And what about entering a hold, is that possible?

Also keen to find out about what Gert has mentioned about having virtual waypoints as many SIDS and STARS do have these. Any info would be great?

Thanks,

Alex Macdonald

Also keen to find out about what Gert has mentioned about having virtual waypoints as many SIDS and STARS do have these. Any info would be great?

Thanks,

Alex Macdonald

The addition of virtual waypoints would be excellent, I am also looking forward to finding out too.

Ian.

Guest cmjA320

The bus calls these constructed points PBDs.This tla stands for Place/Bearing/Distance,e.g SSH/293/35.It numbers these waypoints ,so you will see PBD01 etc.

I do not like making waypoints in this format as they are meaningless and I prefer to give them a name .

For instance on the approach into Sharm El Sheik 04L/R I will have the radar vectoring chart out due to the high terrain and I make in the fmgc waypoints to give me situational awareness,eg SH293.This is the SSH 293 radial at 35 nm.I insert these waypoints into the fmgc and also put in associated altitude constraints ,eg. +10500 at SH293,which is the radar minimum altitude at that point.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs, did you manage to close the manual as you hoped this weekend? When can we expect to see it?

I am at work today and will have a long weekend: would be great if I could print the manual here so I've got something to read the coming days... :P

Any truth to the rumour of 17th May provisional release date? As shown on the pre-order page: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?show160,5502365740

If you read it right, it says the boxed version the 17th May.

And Mathijs already wrote that boxed version will be released AFTER download version, about a month later

I am at work today and will have a long weekend: would be great if I could print the manual here so I've got something to read the coming days... :P

Unfortunately no manual today, maybe next week.

What is a proof reader?

Hi,

he said he is a real airbuspilot and working for an airline. Now he asked to check the manual because he knows whats important and correct and things which aren't.

And I think "proof reader" means professional reader.

And what I want to know is what has to be done before release?

Chris

a proof reader is someone who reads it through and make sure all is correct spelling and grammar wise. Very useful to have if your native language isn't english

And what I want to know is what has to be done before release?

Chris

Yes of course, I also want to know that. But it is quiet the last few days here, unfortunately.

No I am sorry but I have been near Airbusses that were windmilling and I never heard anything like that, Could be it does that, though, no idea. Our fans do rotate in the wind (even with relation to wind speed and wind direction) but currently we have no sound effect attached to it.

Mathijs,

I work for an airline in the US that flies the Airbus. The windmilling engine makes a clack,clack,clack sound. It's very annoying when the wind is blowing hard. Please don't add that feature.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs,

I work for an airline in the US that flies the Airbus. The windmilling engine makes a clack,clack,clack sound. It's very annoying when the wind is blowing hard. Please don't add that feature.

Like this?