Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

LOL when this gets released it will be like a world premier for the FS community... people will be sitting in front of their computers at midnight waiting for it to come online, just like the harry potter series and modern warfare 2 :lol:

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Hello in all pictures There is one lighting system that i saw in cockpit. Can't we adjust them?

Sorry for my english.

kurty, never apologize for your English in our forums, as long as we can understand it, it's close to perfect!

You can not set light levels, in FSX that means having to do different sets of bitmaps for each level. Makes the product slow, big (very big) and we think it adds almost nothing to the realism. I checked the aircraft I have installed that do have this option and I noticed I did not even know when they had it. It's one of those nice things on a feature list and something you use one time.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

good pictures!!! but where are the speed and the altitude tape on the PFD? are they reworked at the moment ore can cou even deactivate them in the airbus?

a little question about the frames: if the aerosoft twinotter runnes well with let's say 20 fpm, is the airbus x running with the same framerate then? or how much frames do you expect?

i hope more then with the captainsim 767:lol:!

is it possible that you can tell us the systemrequirements which are need as minimum for the airbus? (yes, i know that they can change a lillte because the airbus is still in work, but it is possible to say for example 2X 1.6 Ghz CPU ore something like that, or?)

• Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP 2 or Acceleration)
  • Windows XP/Vista/W7 with the latest Service Packs (Vista not recommended)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2x 2666Mhz) or equivalent (Core i7 CPU recommended)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • DX9 Graphic Card with at least 256 MB (512 MB strongly recommended)

And as we tested the latest version today, the FPS are still very much comparable to the default Airbus in FSX.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I am curious Mathijs if the sound when the A320 fan blades windmilling is like this?

No I am sorry but I have been near Airbusses that were windmilling and I never heard anything like that, Could be it does that, though, no idea. Our fans do rotate in the wind (even with relation to wind speed and wind direction) but currently we have no sound effect attached to it.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Will there be an "advanced" version for sure, or has that not be decided yet? If so will it be like the PMDG type of plane or more like the Wilco EJets? Thanks guys.

Jordan

At this moment it is planned yes. But we have no feature list, nor do we have a date.

Seriously, the project we got is very defined, it is aimed at a large group of people who like to fly these aircraft without having to actually be a pilot. The extended version is something we'll probably do as a goodwill project. We know there is limited sales, a lot of returns ('it does not work') and huge support costs for something like this. I really like you all to see the project as we are doing it now and not project into the future. We are not even thinking about the extended version at this moment.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs, I have been following this project for a long time and i love the improvements that you guys have done on this bird. I just have small question , i always fly on Vatsim and i was wondering if we are going to be able to add SID/STARS into the aircraft and not only GPS Points as sometimes Vatsim Tower's asks yo to change the VOR intersection Point and you cant change on GPS. I will really like an answer and iam really sorry for my english

Never apologize for your English here, if we can understand it, it's near perfect.

No, you will not be able to pick SIDs/Stars and most certainly not GPS points. The whole flight planning is very much based on what the default aircraft of FSX do, though we do use the NAVIGRAPH databases. I just spoke to some of controllers at VATSIM and they are rather surprised at the requests of the pilots on this forum. Here is one quote: "SIDs and STARs are published routes we like pilots to fly because it makes our life easier. But we do expect a pilot to fly them from the chart and not just follow the purple line on the nav display. In fact it's the people who fly the purple line who are the problem because when we tell them to skip a turn or do a short final they get stressed. It's the pilots of the aircraft without the extended displays that get to land first because they can handle changes". I have been in 6 Airbus cockpits in flight/landing during this project, and in only one of those flights was the SID/STAR more or less followed. In all the other flights ATC adapted them so much the aircraft ended up flying on AP as directed by the pilots setting directions and altitudes. Of course if you want you can program the SID and STAR using the waypionts from the database. But please believe me, in real life that's not done a lot. Pilots just take out the chart and fly it.

This project is directly aimed at the kind of customer that finds the default aircraft to simple and is not ready for the PMDG stuff. People for whom flying is the hobby and not reading manuals. It looks good, it is pretty realistic (and we mean that), it just does not need 200 pages of manual for the MCDU.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I am visiting you guys at the Flight Sim Convention at Weston, UK next weekend! Looking very much forward to seeing the Airbus X in all its glory! Will we be able to try it out?

I will not be there but the crew that is will have the last beta.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Mathijs for the reply, I will definitely buy the aircraft as i never had an aircraft that realistic , I dont mind if its easy to fly but what i can see the level of detail in the VC is awesome so iam more a vc guy then a system in an airbus .

And as we tested the latest version today, the FPS are still very much comparable to the default Airbus in FSX.

Wow! I knew the project was frame rate friendy but comparable to the default Airbus?! That's so much better than I had even hoped for, you guys are awesome!

No I am sorry but I have been near Airbusses that were windmilling and I never heard anything like that, Could be it does that, though, no idea. Our fans do rotate in the wind (even with relation to wind speed and wind direction) but currently we have no sound effect attached to it.

ok thanks, the wind effect is very good tough seeing that it goes faster depending on the wind speed

Well, I'm looking very much forward to it - especially with all the great holiday destinations we now have in European scenery!

Although I'm a tad disappointed there's no Toulouse Blagnac scenery out for FSX yet... would be fitting to first have a few test flights in a brand new livery from LFBO before hauling cattle pax to other destinations.

Mathijs

This is exactly what I am looking for - thanks for remembering that some of us only want to fly airliners as simple to use as the default ones but with more eye candy and no loss of frames.

A few questions which I haven't found an answer to in the forum so far:

Will I be able to use the default flight planner; if yes, will there be a GPS/NAV switch or something similar as in the default?

Can I use Ctrl E to start the engines?

The only very very slight downside is that this is an a321 and not an A319 - any plans for a similar 'lite' version of an A319 in the future?

Thanks

Julian

While I'm not a rep for Aerosoft, I do remember reading in this thread that you'll be able to start the engines manually (Which will require little work) or using Ctrl+E. As for the rest of the questions, Mathijs is the one to answer.

• Aerosoft

Will I be able to use the default flight planner; if yes, will there be a GPS/NAV switch or something similar as in the default?

Can I use Ctrl E to start the engines?

The only very very slight downside is that this is an a321 and not an A319 - any plans for a similar 'lite' version of an A319 in the future?

a. We fully support the standard FSX flight planner format, so you will be able to use every flight planner that can export to that format. As far as I know that's every flight planner now.

b. Yep, I would advise you to select a "System State" though. That's how we call the saved state of all systems. There is one called 'engine started, ready to taxi' that has all system set correctly. You can of course also do a complete engine start that's nearly 100% realistic (but it's pretty simple in a Airbus, not like a Boeing).

c. Sorry no plans for that right now.

Hi Mathijs.Thank you for the returns you got me after finding a small bug.I wish i'll have this baby in my hanger soon.Anyways i would like to ask on FCU-- When you rotate the ND mode and ND Range knobs on the "Captain"side do they rotate on "First Officer's" side at the same time as implemented by other developers.

Thanking you

Sameer Manakme

Hello Mathijs, i'm really interested in this project but you said that:

• Lateral Flight planning (allowing to enter flight plan, airport, runways, waypoints, cruise alt, SIDs & STARs not used)

With this you say that SID & STAR are not used but this, means that the FMC won't have SID STARs?

And, can you create a point with information of a VOR like in the 767¿?

Thanks for the answers, and there is no hurry but i'm anxious.

P.D. Sorry for my English!

• Upvote 1

Hello Mathijs, i'm really interested in this project but you said that:

With this you say that SID & STAR are not used but this, means that the FMC won't have SID STARs?

And, can you create a point with information of a VOR like in the 767¿?

Thanks for the answers, and there is no hurry but i'm anxious.

P.D. Sorry for my English!

Hi,

of course you can enter waypoints like you do it with your 767. The only thing is that you don't have the feature to choose a special SID or STAR in the menu.

If you have the waypoints of the SID or STAR, you will be able to fly it. And of course you can enter a new flight plan while flying.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, both the CFM's and the IAE's make that sound and I guess that most other current engines do as well. It is because the blades are mounted with a tolerance (somewhat loose and flexible). While the engine is windmilling, the blades on top fall down into their fitting and the blades at the bottom fall down to the outer end of their fitting (only a couple of millimeters of course because of said tolerance of the fittings). While the engine is running, the centrifugal force pull all blades to the outside. If I remember it right, this also makes the engine a bit less vulnerable to birds strikes, because a "loose" blade bends more during the impact.

I hope my explanation made sense, 'cause I having a hard time explaining what I mean in english. :rolleyes:

However, although I know that this sound is there in reality, I really wouldn't miss it, if you wouldn't add it.

Nice video by the way: The Hamburg Shopper (Arguably the ugliest livery on the planet), an aircraft which was part of my employers fleet for several years.

• Upvote 2

Hi pepegoesdigital, that is very interesting thanks for sharing that. Must be an Airbus thing though, I work around 737s, 757s, and 767s all day and have yet to hear that. Could you imagine that in FSX though? That would drive me crazy! I will also add my vote to not add this sound in with the aircraft. Thats too much realism for me...

-Travis

• Upvote 2