Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Zaprints in your comment I spotted a minure writing ( lets say mishap ) thats just my personality that I cant over look those thing and I got to let it you, in the end of this sentence " (You can't predict the unpredictable, or what percentage of possible unpredictables will manifest, or their magnitudes... 'cause they're unpredictable(!!) " in the end there are supposed to be one more of those ) brackets because you put a bracket inside a bracket, I'm sorry for going of topic but just cant help myself but you comment was great in all other way and I'm looking forward to a better Bus for the game.

Birgir

btw that is what my teacher at school says and that is implemented in my stubborn head lol. :D

• Upvote 1

A very honest and appreciated view of the current situation by Saprintz.

I do hope it's taken onboard by Airbus X followers. I've been constantly amazed at the level of detail and attention that is being paid to this product.

It is perhaps a shame that the general public can't see the discussions in the beta forum. There, you would see the attention to detail the beta testers are paying, the issues that are being faced, and the ideas that are being suggested.

But of course for commercial purposes this isn't practical. Do trust that the information being being fed to you by the developers and Mathijs is accurate.

I've always found Aerosoft to be honest and upfront.

Chris

• Upvote 1

It was only... (hmmm, I guess 3 or maybe 4 months back??)... that the MCDU was going to comprise merely a flight-plan info display page, radios page, speed page, and a few other basic pages. Then it was decided to give more. And it is SO MUCH more now. And just plain very cool. You can fly perfectly fine without ever touching that beheamoth, and those who prefer to mess with it now have the option. But the new plan has had far-reaching (and yes, some unpredictable) implications.)

It's great to hear from the "inside" of the project, thanks for posting all that you did. I'm glad you said the above, because too many people still think this is a beginners only product, and it's not. I bet this will be more like 70% of what PMDG does, and much of the remaining 30% isn't used in the normal flight anyway (with the exception of SIDS/STARS). I think the "experience" of flying an Airbus will be very realistic, and people will not find a lot missing as they had expected. My opinion is based on the feature list and reading this forum from top to bottom.

As for release dates, delays do happen, but folks shouldn't get upset unless the developer is purposely misleading them. The communications in this forum I find to be very straightforward and to the point, and that's lacking in some other forums I read.

Curt

It's good if you improve and complete the product. You do it the right way.

The release date is important, but it has lower priority. Hence take your time to realize an outstanding and stable product. The market will appreciate it. smile.gif

Im glad the project is coming along well, and that you've decided to add new elements to the bus! SIDS and STARS are still out of the equation as of now correct?

Thanks!

(Okay, I have a few minutes away from developing while I wait for something to show up, and I just caught up on this thread, so....)

I'm genuinely not sure why anyone would want to be left in the dark over these kinds of "expected date" things? Seems to me that [!...!]

Thank you for posting this. I just can forward the view of my preview writers and want to say thank you again to give so much passion and work to this project. All of you! I guess thanks to all the effort this project grew to a new level. I can only speak for myself, but I'm a realism freak and I can imagine that many of the things you decided to add to the Airbus X enhance the realism.

I guess everyone is perfectly ok with delaying a release date as long as you are so open to us and keep us up to date so we know and understand what's going on.

Best regards

Mat

Im glad the project is coming along well, and that you've decided to add new elements to the bus! SIDS and STARS are still out of the equation as of now correct?

Thanks!

I believe SIDS/STARS aren't included, but what I haven't yet checked is that since the product uses the Navigraph database you could manually input them. Usually only 3 to 5 extra waypoints.

I like to use them too, an I'd be happy with this workaround.

Chris

<snip>

I bet this will be more like 70% of what PMDG does, and much of the remaining 30% isn't used in the normal flight anyway (with the exception of SIDS/STARS).

<snip more>

Curt

The 70% part you wrote just made me go "whoa" for a minute, as I simply don't know, but I'm sure no one involved would want customer expectations to be based on something like a comparison with PMDG. Apples and oranges. I've never gotten into the whole PMDG thing, as I just don't have room in the schedule for that level of flight prep or time investment, but it sounds like PMDG goes WAY deep all over. We go deep where it was decided it's needed... which seems like a loose standard I know, but it has worked out well. Yes, as Mathijs has said, the focus is definitely on the job of the pilot flying. I suppose that's pretty much what you're saying, but I just wanted to point out the danger of any "this Bus = 0.x * PMDG" kind of expectation, before anyone reading invests too much of their flight-sim soul in it.

• Upvote 2

I would love if you guys have a training video of this airbus x from boarding to deplaning. training of the instruments and all.Would appreciate it , because I only use the autopilot master switch , altitude hold , auto throttle , speed hold , ILS - radio shack and GPS thats the only thing I use when I fly. plus the normal landing gear and lights. So I would love a tutorial.

The 70% part you wrote just made me go "whoa" for a minute, as I simply don't know, but I'm sure no one involved would want customer expectations to be based on something like a comparison with PMDG. Apples and oranges. I've never gotten into the whole PMDG thing, as I just don't have room in the schedule for that level of flight prep or time investment, but it sounds like PMDG goes WAY deep all over. We go deep where it was decided it's needed... which seems like a loose standard I know, but it has worked out well. Yes, as Mathijs has said, the focus is definitely on the job of the pilot flying. I suppose that's pretty much what you're saying, but I just wanted to point out the danger of any "this Bus = 0.x * PMDG" kind of expectation, before anyone reading invests too much of their flight-sim soul in it.

Yes, I don't want folks going nutty about my PMDG remark. The overall experience of the flight will surely be excellent, I have no doubt.

Curt

Wonderful model but one thing is not correct IMHO. There should NOT be any vortex generators on the outer sides of the engines. They are only on the inner sides towards the fuselage. That's definitely true for N329AW and as far as I know for all A320s. The A319 is a different story though.

Hope you can fix this.

I searched this topic but couldn't find the answer (although I can't imagine it hasn't been asked before) but is there a chance the manual will be available for download before the actual release of the Airbus? I'd LOVE to print it and read it, in order to be (sort of) ready when I am actually in the cockpit! I did read Mathijs was completing the manual on 25th April, so... I wonder how things are right now. ^_^

I searched this topic but couldn't find the answer (although I can't imagine it hasn't been asked before) but is there a chance the manual will be available for download before the actual release of the Airbus? I'd LOVE to print it and read it, in order to be (sort of) ready when I am actually in the cockpit! I did read Mathijs was completing the manual on 25th April, so... I wonder how things are right now. ^_^

That would be nice but I think that is not possible because the Airbus is not finished. Therefore the manual cannot be finished because of the changes.

• Aerosoft

I would love if you guys have a training video of this airbus x from boarding to deplaning. training of the instruments and all.Would appreciate it , because I only use the autopilot master switch , altitude hold , auto throttle , speed hold , ILS - radio shack and GPS thats the only thing I use when I fly. plus the normal landing gear and lights. So I would love a tutorial.

There will not be a complete video on that (very hard to do) but rest assured there will be ample documentation to help you in the air and back.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Thanks!

Yes, this one really is intended for people that have little idea on what a SID and STAR are. Besides, you can just enter it as waypoints as I saw a German pilot do just last week for a French airport. There are a lot of SIDs & STARs that are not in databases.

• Upvote 1

When the bus is getting released I'll practice a bit on this bird and will then make a video of this, a step tutorial.

1. Cockpit preparation

2. Boarding

3. Push n' start

4. Taxi

5. Take off

6. Cruise

7. Decent

8. Approach/Landing (ILS)

9. Taxi

10. Parking and shutdown(deboarding)

• Upvote 3

I know this isn't an important question, but its something I think that could revolutionise the way we fly in FSX but will the Airbus X be Multi Crew Compatible so two people can fly over the internet in the same plane and eachother can see what eachother is doing like pressing a switch etc.. Would be awesome if you could do that..

Hi,

I've been reading this thread and the others pretty much everyday since I found out about the Airbus X project back in 2009. I'm a bit of an Airbus nut so can't wait for the release, more than happy to wait though so take your time guys. Anyway I don't recall this question being asked but feel free to bash me if it has blush.gif

I know that pretty much the whole state of the aircraft can be saved which is wonderful and a very welcome addition. I was just wondering if it does this automatically whilst you are flying at set periods or is it a totally manual process? My reason for asking is I have FSUIPC set to save the my flight automatically say every 30mins or so. My sim is pretty stable but every now and again I get the dreaded CTD for no real reason. I can reload the flight fairly close to the CTD but if I could also reload the aircraft state as close the CTD as possible that would be awesome. It's not the end of the world to remind myself to save the aircraft state at various stages but just thought I'd chuck it out there to see what peoples thoughts on this would be.

All the best

Andy

Always good to see a fellow 'Churchill', we're few and far between!

We of the "Colonies" say hello to the "Mother Country" Nick

Well we are not forcing you to read this forum, so I think there is not a real problem, right?

Just an observation Mathijs.

I hope to close the manual this weekend.

Hi Mathjis and Aerosoft Team,

Great to hear this - sounds like you guys are close to resolving/completing last issues - I would echo others support for the 'taking enough time to get it right' approach, and the open-ness policy.

As we are getting close and this thread is for previews could I request a screenshot like the following -

http://hci.ucsd.edu/lab/images/a320-cockpit.jpg

basically a cockpit 'panorama' - I've looked through all the screenshots a few times and I don't think we have a shot like this. Don't know if its the intention to do a further series of final teaser screens? - I also appreciate your earlier note in that screenshots take time to prepare so no worries if not possible at the moment.

Thanks in advance and things are looking great - like everyone I'm looking forward to that first TO/GA charge down the tarmac,

Martin