Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

"I was wondering, if you are flying at night through clouds with landing lights on, do the clouds light up in the beam of light?"

Interesting question, i will test that tonight...

I am a customer who is very interested in this product.

I will not ask the same old question of 'when is the release date' I hate it when a product is released before it's ready and you spend months doing the job of a developer.

HOWEVER, a believe at least two release dates have been and gone. It's all well and good making the clever comment of 'ready when it's ready' but if release dates come and go this is going to be a question people want answering.

Also the product is on the website and simply says 'not in stock'

I don't expect a response to this post to be an exact date just an indication as to whether it will be released this summer or in the autumn etc, after all I think this is reasonable for a customer to know. A customer can easily be put off a product by broken promises as easily as they can be impressed by screenshots.

This product looks sensational, it will lead the way in airbus simulations if it delivers half of what is promised, I for one will be purchasing. The least I expect as a customer is to not be fed a one liner 'ready when it's ready'

Aerosoft is my first port of call when buying a product please don't take my comments the wrong way it's just my comments

Many thanks.

• Upvote 4

"I was wondering, if you are flying at night through clouds with landing lights on, do the clouds light up in the beam of light?"

Interesting question, i will test that tonight...

please do :)

I totally agree with Hill, it applies to other products too...remember Schiphol & Munich.

Maybe you should go the FlyTampa route and make no comments or commitments on new products until it's ready, it would save all the aggravation and pressures of releasing a product on time! ;)

I will not ask the same old question of 'when is the release date' I hate it when a product is released before it's ready and you spend months doing the job of a developer.

HOWEVER, a believe at least two release dates have been and gone. It's all well and good making the clever comment of 'ready when it's ready' but if release dates come and go this is going to be a question people want answering.

Also the product is on the website and simply says 'not in stock'

I don't expect a response to this post to be an exact date just an indication as to whether it will be released this summer or in the autumn etc, after all I think this is reasonable for a customer to know. A customer can easily be put off a product by broken promises as easily as they can be impressed by screen shots.

This product looks sensational, it will lead the way in airbus simulations if it delivers half of what is promised, I for one will be purchasing. The least I expect as a customer is to not be fed a one liner 'ready when it's ready'

Aerosol is my first port of call when buying a product please don't take my comments the wrong way it's just my comments

Many thanks.

Thanks for reading this Aerosoft developers & "beta testers"...Darryl

Hi Chris,

I won't give to much details as I am not one of the developpers, but basically the MCDU and Autopilot are being worked on.

I won't give any kind of time estimation wink.gif

Cheers,

Thomas

Ok, thanks.

I totally agree with Hill, it applies to other products too...remember Schiphol & Munich.

Maybe you should go the FlyTampa route and make no comments or commitments on new products until it's ready, it would save all the aggravation and pressures of releasing a product on time! ;)

Given the fact that the VAST majority of Aerosoft's clients never visit these forums, nevermind take an active part in any of the preview threads, it remains the case that those customers who do become aggravated when expected release dates are not met are totally insignificant numbers wise. From this perspective it is not anything Aerosoft will ever be worried about. Preview threads allow those interested to get a look at what is being developed but much more importantly it allows Aerosoft to gather comments, opinions and suggestions - some of which are then used to improve the product. All these Airbus threads are clear evidence of that.

On the point of the statement "it will be released when ready": it may be a "silly" statement and one that people generally do not like to hear, however, this does not make it any less true. As has been evidenced on enough occasions now just because there is an expected date of release stated means little at the end of the day. It is never the case that a product will be released before it is ready just because a release date has been mentioned in the preview thread - and rightly so.

• Upvote 1

as i do develop software everyday, i can tell u that u often make plans and dates for the different systems of your software and the needed testing. but u nearly always come to a point, where u find work packages, u have not thought of, work packages that take much longer than u expected and software parts that do influence each other in a way that u have not thought of.

the result is, your initial plan does not fit anymore your actual needed time and u need to restructure it and as a result of that, u get a new release date. that shows how difficult it is to work with fixed dates. and u find that problem everywhere. for that u have the two strategies with or without release date. even big companies like apple have no release date for their products. they show it when its finished.

u can decide which strategy is better, with release date or without. i think both have strong pros and cons.

of course i m not the one here, who can give u any release date. but i personally believe from what i see from the testings, that the plane will be released pretty soon.

I will not ask the same old question of 'when is the release date' ...

HOWEVER,

I believe the issue of release date has been addressed more then once, even within this very thread. Perhaps you were just unlucky and missed some of those posts. One thing which you seem to make an issue of is that of promises, and broken ones at that. Had you actually read those posts you are refering to, you would have seen that no promises were actually made.

If you want to buy something in a hurry and are not too fussy about how well it works then I am sure airsimmer will be happy to accommodate you, in the mean time, just as the exact details of the VNAV have not been finalised, nor has the release date.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for reading this Aerosoft developers & "beta testers"...Darryl

The problem with release dates is that a developer is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Personally, I prefer the "when it's ready" approach with maybe a hint of the year/season.

At this point, the issues preventing release relate to the flight model and some gauge funcionality, in particular the FCU (AP), but the vast majority of issues raised by the beta team have been dealt with and I'd say it's close to completed. The problem with the bits that need fixing is they are pretty fundamental and simply can't be dealt with by a patch.

Although I'm not the developer, I have been using the beta and would be surprised if much more than month went by before release, especially as this is an internal Aerosoft product being worked on by a full-time team of employees, as opposed to me spending a few hours here and there in the evenings on my 727!

• Upvote 1

..., in the mean time, just as the exact details of the VNAV have not been finalised, nor has the release date.

It's a very good decision that you take your time to provide a good solution for VNAV. cool.gif

Pilot's very much like to see on the graphical display incidents such as ToC, SoD and the projected point to reach a flight level change. With this basic function you will acquire a big part of your target market. smile.gif

Could we see a picture of it then please?

It looks and acts just like the real one. Yellow arrow, 10 second prediction based on current acceleration.

Is there a concern you have about how that particular feature is usually implemented or something like that? I'm happy to answer that.

Screenshots... they appear in past pages of these few forums, and the arrow has barely changed. So I'd really prefer to use my time to actually develop the gauges, no sarcasm intended. Just BUSY. (And a proper screen shot is not a simple 5-minute endeavor in here, given the incredible scrutiny each pic gets. ;-)

But again, if you have a particular concern about it, I'll gladly address it.

• Upvote 4

Guest cmjA320

I was more concerned about how it has been modelled and how quickly the arrow responds to acceleration/deceleration

I was more concerned about how it has been modelled and how quickly the arrow responds to acceleration/deceleration

Oh, I see. Okay. Well, the arrow is hidden when only small changes of speed occur, just as in the real aircraft. That takes care of tons of the small twitching or jumping that would otherwise be really annoying. So, it's not even visible when speed changes are under 2 or 3 knots per 10 seconds. Otherwise, it moves instantaneously. Has to, pretty much, or else it will be absurdly wrong at certain crucial few seconds during changes of aircraft configuration, phase of flight, that kind of thing. I did consider some smoothing, or pixel delay, but decided against it. I suspect the real thing has some math in it based on the third derivative of position (jerk, or jolt, or "super-acceleration" -- *change in acceleration* over change in time), but without knowing that algorithm, it would be very dangerous to even attempt ... again, poor results at a critical moment.

Oh, also, it responds to total forward acceleration, down the aircraft's ground track, and not just acceleration directly down the aircraft's longitudinal axis. This makes it a more accurate prediction in crosswinds.

Anything more particular you're worried about? Let me know if so. Because the bottom line is that, yes, this is a PFD component that I think is crucial, and should mirror reality as much as possible.

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

Oh, I see. Okay. Well, the arrow is hidden when only small changes of speed occur, just as in the real aircraft. That takes care of tons of the small twitching or jumping that would otherwise be really annoying. So, it's not even visible when speed changes are under 2 or 3 knots per 10 seconds. Otherwise, it moves instantaneously. Has to, pretty much, or else it will be absurdly wrong at certain crucial few seconds during changes of aircraft configuration, phase of flight, that kind of thing. I did consider some smoothing, or pixel delay, but decided against it. I suspect the real thing has some math in it based on the third derivative of position (jerk, or jolt, or "super-acceleration" -- *change in acceleration* over change in time), but without knowing that algorithm, it would be very dangerous to even attempt ... again, poor results at a critical moment.

Oh, also, it responds to total forward acceleration, down the aircraft's ground track, and not just acceleration directly down the aircraft's longitudinal axis. This makes it a more accurate prediction in crosswinds.

Anything more particular you're worried about? Let me know if so. Because the bottom line is that, yes, this is a PFD component that I think is crucial, and should mirror reality as much as possible.

Thank you for the explanation.I suppose until I see it on my computer and compare it to what I see at work I will not be able to make a true comparison

Thank you for the explanation.I suppose until I see it on my computer and compare it to what I see at work I will not be able to make a true comparison

Great. Would love to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Guest pao

Amazing !! Did Stefan added some kind of relexion layer because it looks even more realistic than the shots posted up to now ?

Amazing !! Did Stefan added some kind of relexion layer because it looks even more realistic than the shots posted up to now ?

Pao, yes. But that happened within the rendering engine of the 3d software. Its more thought as project artwork. But it contains beside those complex reflections only the

standard texture maps used in FSX.

Please tell me those pics are those of the real Airbus X Model? Or are they real pictures?? They are unbeveilable!!!! OMG! Nice editing!

They are of the real Airbus X Model, with its actually used textures. Its all computer graphics, no photography.

That has got to be the most realistic looking model I've seen in FS to date. I could swear it was a real A320. Awesome job! Very excited for release.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

They are of the real Airbus X Model, with its actually used textures. Its all computer graphics, no photography.

Indeed very nice photowork!

Especially the last picture where you put the modell in front of a real background :goodjob_s:

Otto

Indeed very nice photowork!

Especially the last picture where you put the modell in front of a real background :goodjob_s:

Otto

Also the "real" background is purely computer graphics.