Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

For those who complain about fs projects release date , I would suggest to install FSX SDK and try to program some gauges in XML. Though this is not very 'indicative' since they will have to learn something new (XML coding for FSX gauges) and not only apply their knowledge, it might help them to understand some aspects of add-on development.

I understand that expecting, such a 'juicy' airplane is difficult to wait, I have no intention to 'accuse' anybody, but to make some people mor aware of development in a constructive way.

Sam

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Yesterday I read some rather silly comments on other forums about the features that would be included (only FS2004 Vspeed mode, no FBW etc and more nonsense). No idea why somebody would post that (and I can't be bothered a lot as they did not even bother to ask us) but as I am now completing the manual I am also compiling the feature list. So why no share what we got as long as you understand this is currently updated on a daily base. What you see here is what I know works and will make it in the build. Loads more to add.

Airbus Features.pdf

• Upvote 7

Yesterday I read some rather silly comments on other forums about the features that would be included (only FS2004 Vspeed mode, no FBW etc and more nonsense). No idea why somebody would post that (and I can't be bothered a lot as they did not even bother to ask us) but as I am now completing the manual I am also compiling the feature list. So why no share what we got as long as you understand this is currently updated on a daily base. What you see here is what I know works and will make it in the build. Loads more to add.

Thanks for that little snippet Mathijs. It looks like things are coming along nicely. Well done to yourself and all the team involved.

• Upvote 2

I do not think Schiphol FSX is delayed, the FS2004 version was always intended to be released first. Could be there is some date somewhere, but it's being worked on.

On the Bus. Closing this project is turning out to be harder then expected. I am actually a bit surprised about this, but I know it's Sunday evening quarter to ten and I see three of the developers on MSN at this moment and I see the mails they are sending each other. So there is no need to push them any harder. It's going well, bugs are being nuked. BUT... there is a difference between Aerosoft and a company like PMDG that handles one project. I am handling 14 projects at this moment and some of them are professional and always have priority (if you pay $15.000 for the external model of the F-16 you get some service). Unexpected I also got to drive a few thousand miles this week for meetings (don't tell, but think AFS2013). But while I might be spread thin, they developers are very focused. Just this weekend a lot of things were done that we wanted sorted out. Big things like being able to enter the code of a navaid and get the frequency (I love that one) and small things like an issue with the normal law solved. And that's on the weekend, a Sunday evening.

You have a pretty cool job!

• Upvote 1

Andre, what are you trying to show? I do not understand...

The Airbus X throttle at idle is set too high, on yours the white mark on the throttle is between "A/THR" and "CL" when idle, but on the real bus its on the "0". :)

I also remade the picture he did post for showing it to you more simple! :)

See the position of the airbus's throttle at idle.

bus.jpg

And now see it at yours.

aerosoftbus.jpg

Hope it helped! :- )

- Emil

• Upvote 2

Dear Emil,

I dont think you can compare the two as the Aerosoft picture does not show the levers in Idle, but at or near the climb detent. Nowhere has it been said that the throttles are in idle. In the actual photograph with the levers in idle, the back part of the thrust levers are "encroaching" in the part printed REV. I am sure if the thrust levers on the aerosoft bus are placed in idle, you will see the same as that in the actual photograph.

What I do find different in the two images, is that the green CG band in the photo ends with 3 DN units of trim, whereas in the Aerosoft Airbus it ends at a little more than 2 DN units of trim. Also, the green band goes almost all the way down to the bottom of the thrust lever stops, whereas, in the Aerosoft Airbus, it ends quite a bit higher. Keep in mind, the trim is set to almost the same position in both images ie., at approx 0 units. Also, the scale markings seem a bit different between the two. Then again, I could be wrong. Also, bear in mind, these images may be older, and these anomalies could very well have been rectified, if they are at all anomalies.

Hope it helps,

Dinshaw.

• Upvote 2

Dear Emil,

I don't think you can compare the two as the Aerosoft picture does not show the levers in Idle, but at or near the climb detent. Nowhere has it been said that the throttles are in idle. In the actual photograph with the levers in idle, the back part of the thrust levers are "encroaching" in the part printed REV. I am sure if the thrust levers on the aerosoft bus are placed in idle, you will see the same as that in the actual photograph.

What I do find different in the two images, is that the green CG band in the photo ends with 3 DN units of trim, whereas in the Aerosoft Airbus it ends at a little more than 2 DN units of trim. Also, the green band goes almost all the way down to the bottom of the thrust lever stops, whereas, in the Aerosoft Airbus, it ends quite a bit higher. Keep in mind, the trim is set to almost the same position in both images ie., at approx 0 units. Also, the scale markings seem a bit different between the two. Then again, I could be wrong. Also, bear in mind, these images may be older, and these anomalies could very well have been rectified, if they are at all anomalies.

Hope it helps,

Dinshaw.

Okay, there's something I'd like to address here, as the developer of this project's PFD and ND... a sort of preemptive "soothing" of unnecessary worries.

I cannot speak for the modeler here, but I do know he is a detail freak (like the whole team, heheh ;-) , and he almost surely has a great reason for why you're seeing the throttles the way you're seeing them in those pics.

All of these details undergo revisions in the real AC and may be different than what you've always seen from earlier addons, or airliners.net pics, etc... Remember that we are modeling the particular A-32x that we are modeling(!!!). Sounds silly, but, we have good manuals and info, great pics, and defensible reasons for almost anything you'll see.

(This is all just cautionary, not a critique, so please understand that okay??)

This kind of thing worries me a little. My main displays, for example, will not have the light pink and blue you've seen so often (magenta and cyan), but instead the colors rendered by the more recent real-life software that we've seen --darker, less pastel looking colors, closer to purple and blue. People will post Airliners.net photos to show how that's not "right". But I'm just cautioning: please, just be careful with that. Those photos are "right" only for the aircraft they show, at that time, under those conditions, with those customizations, etc.... (Many things in the plane are customizable by airline.) All are correc....

I hope this will not be perceived as another "too many spokesmen" post; I understand that sentiment, definitely. OTOH, the developers have an understanding of their own details that no other person really could. So you should definitely take Mathijs' word as the final word. But Finn, me, Stefan, John, and the other individuals mentioned may have good details to add. ;-)

• Upvote 6

Darned... you got better info then I do and I run the project!

It was more a suggestion to help, so that the developers can work easily to finish this project. Also I read in a post of Sharrow that the release the end of May is also not a guarantee.

The Airbus X throttle at idle is set too high, on yours the white mark on the throttle is between "A/THR" and "CL" when idle, but on the real bus its on the "0". :)

And now see it at yours.

- Emil

Hi Emil!

That throttle lever in the Airbus X pic is obviously not at idle, but very near of Climb position.

On the trimwheel i can say that there exist two versions. Sounds crazy but this is really the case. One of them is the one we used, the other is visible in the realworld footage.

We just have a discussion about it internally and Im sure you will hear some clearer words next days on this topic.

Hi Emil!

That throttle lever in the Airbus X pic is obviously not at idle, but very near of Climb position.

On the trimwheel i can say that there exist two versions. Sounds crazy but this is really the case. One of them is the one we used, the other is visible in the realworld footage.

We just have a discussion about it internally and Im sure you will hear some clearer words next days on this topic.

Idle or not idle,...thanks for the real picture. I'm impressed by the level of detail if you compair these two pictures.

Great work.

Eric

Idle or not idle,...thanks for the real picture. I'm impressed by the level of detail if you compair these two pictures.

Great work.

Great job so far Aerosoft. You finally get my out if that darn default 737-800! I am an evening pilot as I am a full time student and work and think the positong of the product is perfect for me and my circumstances and hopefully many others looking for this sort of transition!

Quicke, just wondered if the vc will have theinfamus Airbus yellow blinds. I think they look cool and add a real touch of realism!! If not, would they be something I can add later with a little help/

Once again good work and keep it up. I just purchased your Man X, SF X, N.O X, and Chic. X and am a happy simmer due to that. You guys have really kept us up to date on this project and got me darn excited!! Good work!

Please give us some blinds:)) lol. Peace.

Simon Hickson

PS That isn't me:smile.gif Hope its none of you guys:)

Aerosoft, your Airbus looks like it is coming along wonderfully. :D

I can see you are getting barraged with a lot of the same "When" question that batters other developers, many of who end up closing discussions until the release dates.

You seem to deal with it much better than these others. Probably because you have been a top flight sim developer for so long, nothing ruffles your feathers.

I absolutely love the Simcheck Airbus A300 that was recently released (it's addictive) and have many other Aerosoft products. Everything that Aerosoft offers is first rate.

I patiently look forward to this Airbus A320, and I know that it will also be first rate.

Thank you for adding so much enjoyment to this great hobby (addiction).

Bob

bus.jpg

And now see it at yours.

aerosoftbus.jpg

- Emil

This video i found on youtube shows the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJxNcIeizqo

• Upvote 1

Hi guys I know what I am going to say is not pertaining to this topic ................. But !!!

I have Overland Airbus collection and I fly the a320 and a321 - and every time I am on final approach and flaring ; it the plane tends to stall.

I test it if it was my fault by using the default planes . I flare at the same height - speed - flaps everything is the same and it land perfect and smooth. So I think it is something wrong with the Overland Airbus. That s the reason I can't wait for this beautiful aircraft from Aerosoft. Its not about the looks but performance ... because overland model looks good but has a very bad performance. However , By what I see Aerosft Airbus X model look realistic but cant wait to see the performance ( hope its not like overland's).

That video!!! Wow, simply incredible, fantastic job Aerosoft! I do hope that was posted with the approval of the development team. :):)

Curt

This video i found on youtube shows the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJxNcIeizqo

I am STUNNED!!! :wub:

I already new from the screenshots, this was going to be good, but this exceeds everything... Those landinglights even look better than the LotusSim Albatros.

I know this first version is going to be limited on the systems-simulations area and being a full-systems freak, I was doubtfull if I wanted to buy this. But with these graphic, there's just no denying it :lol:

As soon as it's released, you can expect my creditcard details :P .

Regards,

Hmmm just tried to view the video but it says it's private. I guess it wasn't ment to be posted, but hopefully we will all get to see it before the release.

Hmmm just tried to view the video but it says it's private. I guess it wasn't ment to be posted, but hopefully we will all get to see it before the release.

I guess so because this morning I could still watch it but not anymore! So I think I was one of the very lucky guys that has seen it, the Airbus looked mighty awesome

Hi,

just a little question.

So, are there still big bugs and how far have you finished the BETA?

As we all know that april is not the month of the months for the Airbus by Aerosoft but maybe you could tell us a short status.

Thanks,

and best wishes

Chris

• Upvote 1

Does it include rudder pedal function on the joystick or do you have to purchase separate pedals ? Also, I am using the Logitech G940, could I use its rudder pedals with the Saitek X65F ?

Thank you

anyone ?

Hi Chris,

I won't give to much details as I am not one of the developpers, but basically the MCDU and Autopilot are being worked on.

I won't give any kind of time estimation ;)

Cheers,

Thomas