Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

The key point here is that the Airbus will be released when it is ready. And not a moment sooner I can assure you. We are currently going through the 13th revision of the beta and if it takes another 5 or so revisions then that is what will happen. Please just understand that the purpose of a beta is to find as many issues as humanly possible and then for the developer to both evaluate them and sort them out one by one - it is not like anyone knows exactly how many issues there are - there may be another 2 tomorrow or there may be 10. In that respect it is never going to be possible to know exactly on what date the beta will be finished. The best anyone can do is estimate.

So no, an April release date is definitely NOT going to happen. At this stage I would say that mid to end May is a realistic estimate, but as always there are no guarantees.

Just be patient, the wait will be well worth it!

... since Feb was initially announced, then April and now....nothing the conclusion is that the BETA was maybe realeased too late.

"will be released when it is ready".... I hate this sentance... I read a thousand times on the Air Simmer forum for NOTHING !

• Upvote 1

Without any negative idea about our esteemed colleagues...

We are first of all very lucky with Stefan who done the modeling and textures. He is a pro with a long history in game design (not FS) and used to be under high pressure to keep his poly count as low as possible. He is totally ruthless about optimizing.

Secondly, we don't do feature bloat. We really focus on the task of the person in the left seat, so we feel no need to do a virtual cabin and also find it easy not to do things like flexible wings. Those things look great on a feature list but mean very little to the pilot (certainly in a A320 that has very stiff wings). So by focusing we gain a lot of fps.

Thirdly, by keeping the systems relatively simple we keep the fps so high. PFD's with a lot of code behind it really eat into your resources.

Last, we got a minimum fps in certain situations. If we drop below that we got to think things over and make decisions. So it is part of the whole process.

Hello, since this is my first time in the Aerosoft forums, i will be brief. I am very interested in this and wil be looking to buy since Airsimmer has not met anything yet. Anyways, If its only for FSX, i am willing to pay extra for an FS9 version, is this possible? is there anyway to make this aircraft work on FS9? If its just for FSX and only, then i will try and make my PC a bit stronger to work FSX.

"will be released when it is ready".... I hate this sentance... I read a thousand times on the Air Simmer forum for NOTHING !

You'll keep reading it here too I'm afraid but it will not be for nothing, that is for sure.

If its only for FSX, i am willing to pay extra for an FS9 version, is this possible? is there anyway to make this aircraft work on FS9?

Welcome to the forum Karim. The Aerosoft Airbus X is only for FSX and it will not ever work in FS9. There are at least 3 times more polygons in this model than FS9 could ever hope to handle.

• Upvote 1

You'll keep reading it here to I'm afraid but it will not be for nothing, that is for sure.

Welcome to the forum Karim. The Aerosoft Airbus X is only for FSX and it will not ever work in FS9. There are at least 3 times more polygons in this model than FS9 could ever hope to handle.

No wonder it looks so real, Airsimmr isnt promising anything now so in reality, im just going to switch over to FSX and try this aircraft out. Can anyone tell me under what circumstances FSX runs well? On my PC FS9 runs smooth but a big laggish when a project opensky aircraft is launched.

... since Feb was initially announced, then April and now....nothing the conclusion is that the BETA was maybe realeased too late.

I think you can be assured with aerosoft that the airsimmer situation will not happen. Things really are coming along well with Airbus X. But it's not a case of releasing a beta too late. It's down to figuring out how to implement/model the systems and dynamics of the airbus, whilst making this happen in the fsx environment (it does throw some unexpected spanners in the works). Developing an addon like this isn't a case of following a recipe and taking the cake out the oven after 30mins. Everyone is eager to get this out, but there's little point until it things are right.

I doubt you'll have to wait much longer, and I think it will be the best airbus addon in fsx!

Chris

I think you can be assured with aerosoft that the airsimmer situation will not happen. Things really are coming along well with Airbus X. But it's not a case of releasing a beta too late. It's down to figuring out how to implement/model the systems and dynamics of the airbus, whilst making this happen in the fsx environment (it does throw some unexpected spanners in the works). Developing an addon like this isn't a case of following a recipe and taking the cake out the oven after 30mins. Everyone is eager to get this out, but there's little point until it things are right.

I doubt you'll have to wait much longer, and I think it will be the best airbus addon in fsx!

Chris

Chris,

I think we have all had enough of Airsimmer and their cockiness and "promises" and reading in this forum that this airbus will be extended to other higher systems, i thought this thing is going to make more money and better of a success than the Airsimmer FAIL plane. Alot of people on that forum keep asking will it be for FSX to. Well, here is perfectly good plane for FSX and no more long waiting for something that will in reality be not true to come. Maybe something will happen but really lets be honest, ignorance is bliss. One thing i really would know is that how come Aerosoft or AS release a "basic" then "advanced" why not release on thing and relieve the amount of work? Like PMDG for instance they never released a "basic" 747 and the advanced, its just one complete package.

Chris,

I think we have all had enough of Airsimmer and their cockiness and "promises" and reading in this forum that this airbus will be extended to other higher systems, i thought this thing is going to make more money and better of a success than the Airsimmer FAIL plane. Alot of people on that forum keep asking will it be for FSX to. Well, here is perfectly good plane for FSX and no more long waiting for something that will in reality be not true to come. Maybe something will happen but really lets be honest, ignorance is bliss. One thing i really would know is that how come Aerosoft or AS release a "basic" then "advanced" why not release on thing and relieve the amount of work? Like PMDG for instance they never released a "basic" 747 and the advanced, its just one complete package.

well, when this project was announced, Aerosoft had no plans to make an advanced one. They wanted to make this project between PMDG's projects and the default FSX aircraft. I doubt they would have released a basic one if they were planning to do an advanced one all along.

PAO -

Rest assured you will not be disappointed when the bus is released.

Bob

pao, with all due respect, the frase used and I quote "will be ready when it is ready" sounds very good to me. Let me tell you why, as we all have seen it looks very good indeed but if it has some kind of issues, people like you will be back in the forum to complain about the product because it is defected and most probably compare it with other developers which made the decision to release an unfinished product to satisfy people like you, impacient, or maybe because they lacked of funds to finish it. Aerosoft is in the business for quite some time now, and they know how things should be done, so, if they tell us they need more time to deliver a marketable product out we will just accept, period! what big diference does it make if we wait on more month, have fun with other great add-ons out in the market untill this one is ready. Maybe I should not say this but here it goes, this forums does not need these kind of threads, it does not in any circumstances help the developers achieving a better product, and, as you must have noticed, it was not positively rated.

Chris,

Karim, I've been following the development for quite some time now and the answer is simple, Aerosoft is releasing the product they intended to, some time along the way, some customers chalanged Aerosoft for a more sistems depth add-on and they thought about it and said yes, they will schedual it for development late this year, if everything goes to plan. The same way you came to this forum suggesting AE to make it the PMDG way, go to PMDG forums and suggest them to develop an Airbus the PMDG way! In my humble view your post is as pointless as the one I quoted earlier on this post. This forum is intended for constructive criticism, query and discussions about the product it self.

So all in all, we all should be thank Aerosoft for developing, to the best of their knowledge, this kind os software that we so much love. At least I do, damn, it is like a passion...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathijs, maybe I have steped out of line here, I know that you asked us not to moderate, but, as I said before, I have been following development long time now and enough is enough! these people come here and post like they own the business, it is an outrage!

You all take care now

PLUR

• Upvote 3

it seems as though this development is running parallel to the way the 787 did. its in many ways a "new frontier" as well and is having its delays too :P

but just think of that gleefull moment when you lift your newly purchased bird off the virtual ground and everything is silky smooth. no bugs and glitches. ^_^

I would rather wait then reach v1 and get one of those damned fatal errors :mad:

p.s. i know this post probably sounds annoying and sugarcoated but hey its true ;)

• Upvote 4

TOO MANY SPOKESMAN...only Mathijs (Developer/Aerosoft Representative) & Finn (Programmer) should be authorized to speak for this product!!! :excl:

I don't know if Sharrow is actually a beta-tester or not but is smart-ass comments to potential customers should not be tolerated. <_<

Darryl

• Upvote 4

This topic is really getting boring !

Dozens of pages to say ...nothing.

May all of us focus on other topics and let Aerosoft work quietly and peacefully . The time they waste to answer the same questions is the time they don't spend working on the final release of the airbus .

Is someone going to close this topic, please ? ;)

Have a nice flight ! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I don't know if Sharrow is actually a beta-tester or not but is smart-ass comments to potential customers should not be tolerated. <_<

That's right Darryl, there are many things you don't know. If you have any problems with any of my comments please feel free to pm the admin at any time, ok?

• Upvote 6

pao, with all due respect, the frase used and I quote "will be ready when it is ready" sounds very good to me. Let me tell you why, as we all have seen it looks very good indeed but if it has some kind of issues, people like you will be back in the forum to complain about the product because it is defected and most probably compare it with other developers which made the decision to release an unfinished product to satisfy people like you, impacient, or maybe because they lacked of funds to finish it. Aerosoft is in the business for quite some time now, and they know how things should be done, so, if they tell us they need more time to deliver a marketable product out we will just accept, period! what big diference does it make if we wait on more month, have fun with other great add-ons out in the market untill this one is ready. Maybe I should not say this but here it goes, this forums does not need these kind of threads, it does not in any circumstances help the developers achieving a better product, and, as you must have noticed, it was not positively rated.

..between you and me, the more negative posts a comment has, the better it is.. why ? Because it's always easy to click on a red spot rather than to answer with a proper sentance...

Gentlemen, please - be respectful to each other! This is not a kindergarten but a forum to share

opinions and ideas. Criticism is also welcome but in a respectful manner.

Believe me, the dev´s are doing a really great job but please don´t underestimate the complexity of the systems

of an Airbus. Every system affects every other system in a complex way. So don´t mind aerosoft for not beeing able

to reach an exactly release-date. If they hadn´t announced any time-line, many more would have complained.

You all will be rewarded for your patience with a really great aircraft - that´s for sure!

Regards,

Timo

• Upvote 9

OK, it is hard but I will have to wait until this great product is finished.

On the first page there is still the announcement that the release is the end of April, please remove the whole release date because the end of may is also not sure.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, any timeline on the Airbus delivery since it will not make the April date?

Btw...off topic, any news on Amsterdam Schiphol X, it's now been delayed for over 2 months since it's FS2004 release?

Thanks for any info offered, want to spend some American $$...Darryl :lol:

I do not think Schiphol FSX is delayed, the FS2004 version was always intended to be released first. Could be there is some date somewhere, but it's being worked on.

On the Bus. Closing this project is turning out to be harder then expected. I am actually a bit surprised about this, but I know it's Sunday evening quarter to ten and I see three of the developers on MSN at this moment and I see the mails they are sending each other. So there is no need to push them any harder. It's going well, bugs are being nuked. BUT... there is a difference between Aerosoft and a company like PMDG that handles one project. I am handling 14 projects at this moment and some of them are professional and always have priority (if you pay $15.000 for the external model of the F-16 you get some service). Unexpected I also got to drive a few thousand miles this week for meetings (don't tell, but think AFS2013). But while I might be spread thin, they developers are very focused. Just this weekend a lot of things were done that we wanted sorted out. Big things like being able to enter the code of a navaid and get the frequency (I love that one) and small things like an issue with the normal law solved. And that's on the weekend, a Sunday evening.

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

OK, it is hard but I will have to wait until this great product is finished.

On the first page there is still the announcement that the release is the end of April, please remove the whole release date because the end of may is also not sure.

Darned... you got better info then I do and I run the project!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hello, since this is my first time in the Aerosoft forums, i will be brief. I am very interested in this and wil be looking to buy since Airsimmer has not met anything yet. Anyways, If its only for FSX, i am willing to pay extra for an FS9 version, is this possible? is there anyway to make this aircraft work on FS9? If its just for FSX and only, then i will try and make my PC a bit stronger to work FSX.

Don't take this the wrong way, it is really not intended nasty. But we'll be glad to do an FS9 version for you as long as you are willing to pay for the work. Aerosoft is a commercial company, we make what we can sell. But making an FS2004 version of what we got will cost at least $25k. And we would end up with something that looks the same as the Airsimmers version and we would only be a bit better in systems. Just makes no sense. Besides, I doubt the FBW system will work fine as we will miss all the options FSX offers there.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Well, I have never written anything like that. Cause I agree, it's a silly sentence.

Airsimmers proved that by being so honest to say they HAD to release to get some money in. Now I am not under that much pressure, lol, but we'll release when the team is happy. Things can be fixed and things can be added when customers want it. There will always be loads of things to add and change. Airbus Industries spend a few tens of millions on the software, we did not.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

TOO MANY SPOKESMAN...only Mathijs (Developer/Aerosoft Representative) & Finn (Programmer) should be authorized to speak for this product!!! :excl:

Darryl

Sharrow is a very welcome participant to this forum. And believe me, he knows what he is talking about. I did not read any smart-ass comments and of course you do not have to read this forum. The moment the product is released you can find all the info and all authorized by me!

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

This topic is really getting boring !

Dozens of pages to say ...nothing.

May all of us focus on other topics and let Aerosoft work quietly and peacefully . The time they waste to answer the same questions is the time they don't spend working on the final release of the airbus .

Is someone going to close this topic, please ? ;)

Have a nice flight ! :rolleyes:

No I'll not close it. There are many people with valid questions! If you like to hide some of the posts that many people find useless just tweak the forum!

negative1.jpg

• Upvote 1