Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Interesting and absolutely supporting Aerosoft's decisions:

The competitor who makes those detailed to the freight compartment temperature system depth add-ons (I try to stick to Aerosoft forum rules and not mentions competitors) just announced on their forum (I don't have access there 'cause I never registered but a fellow flight simmer cited) that their B737 NGX which is due in summer will be a pure FSX version without any backwards fS9 compatibility.

Those hard core FS9 fans are driven absolutely mad (I can't understand why they can't admit that the FlightSim world has moved on and FSX offers a hugh gap forward in possibilities for aircraft add-ons.).

Either way... I think the P...'s decision (being the add-on developer that stuck very long with FS9) proves without the slightest doubt that Aerosoft's previously decision to make the A-320 a pure FSX add-on was a very wise, sound and anticipatory one.

I can't even image what a blowback it would have been had Aerosoft developed the Airbus FS9 compatible and P... had come up with a pure FSX version with a lot more to offer.

Bravo! You have done it right!

Oh come on, stop the silly "P..."

It's PMDG. There. I said it.

PMDG is developing a 737 and later this year a 777 that is in a completely different ball game than the Aerosoft Airbus. (plus, it's a different aircraft!)

And that is exactly how it's supposed to be.

If I were able to choose between a PMDG and a simplified Aerosoft one, I'd pick the PMDG since I'm into the whole systems thing. However, simulating a "real Airbus" in FS is apparently almost impossible and Aerosoft is at least developing a nice looking Airbus with cool sounds and some simplified systems.

And I'm pretty sure it will work (as in being able to fly from point a to point B).

[YES, I got screwed by Airsimmer and their failbus]

That being said, I'm looking forward to buying the new bus.

Do I understand it correctly that we will not be getting the bird this month?

I would love to flush my wilco bus down the toilet :lol:

• Upvote 3

Any news yet on what the simplified VNAV will be like? I thought I wouldn't care a lot about not having 'advanced' VNAV until I read this also means there will be no TOD on the displays (which makes it clear I don't know much about VNAV <_< ). I suppose this means I will have to use ATC to guide me around and up and down, but FSX ATC is quite crappy when it comes to vectoring you around (well, actually it is quite good when it comes to vectoring you around and up and down all over the place...!!! :rolleyes: ). Will ATC be the only way to get a good approach (as far as possible with FSX ATC) or will the simplified VNAV give me some other method to get down in time and smoothly?

Mind you, I will buy the Airbus X anyway, no matter what, because I fit in Aerosoft's target group perfectly!

I´m not sure yet if TOC and TOd will be shown on the navigation display.

But on the MCDU You can see predicted altitudes for each waypoint.

When cruising in VNAV mode, setting the FCU (Autopilot panel) altitude to, let's say, 3000 ft, will make the autopilot start the descend on it´s own at the adequet time.

Finn

• Upvote 2

When cruising in VNAV mode, setting the FCU (Autopilot panel) altitude to, let's say, 3000 ft, will make the autopilot start the descend on it´s own at the adequet time.

Finn

Ah, thanks, okay. I have to say that's advanced enough for me! :P This Airbus X is exactly the kind of plane (with the kind of depth) I like!

Concerning the TOD on the display: someone asked in this topic if those would be added to the advanced version and Matthijs said they didn't talk about the advanced features yet, so from that I concluded TOD won't be in the upcoming release. Hence my question.

Besides this is a passenger view, something we do not include.

I'm a little confused about this. While I understand this sim is all about the PF, I know I've seen screenshot previews in this forum with wingviews. So, will wing views be included or not? I really hope they are because I enjoy making movies that have wing views in them. I know I can add wing views myself, but I think it would be much easier for Aerosoft to do that since they know the aircraft they are modeling. With me it would be lots of guessing and loading the sim to see if I got it right then closing it down to make adjustments several times. If wing views are provided, can someone post the coordinates that were used in the preview screens once the bus is released?

You could feel the FBW on the VRS Hornet, IF you could buy it.  They are having major problems with throttle/control and FSUIPC at the moment...not everyone is impacted, but enough to the extent they had to close their shop until they can release a good fix.

You can purchase it now? And the patch fixed everything.

Wing views are included as part of the external set of viewpoints. What Mathijs meant was that there are no views from inside through the windows.

• Upvote 1

You can purchase it now? And the patch fixed everything.

I don't want to get sideways on another developer's product, but with regards to the VRS SuperHornet: you cannot buy it now and while the patch solved most issues, throttle and controller problems are still present...enough to keep their shop closed and prevent them from taking new orders for the moment.

Only those who pre-ordered the product and those that bought it the day of release have it for now.

Concerning the TOD on the display: someone asked in this topic if those would be added to the advanced version and Matthijs said they didn't talk about the advanced features yet, so from that I concluded TOD won't be in the upcoming release. Hence my question.

ToD, ToC and a projection of flight level changes are basic functions that should be included in the basic version of the product. Aerosoft should include these functions to get a larger part of the target market. wink.gif

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, How is it even possible to make a "realistic" Fly-By-Wire system without FSUIPC? Just take a look at the new VRS F/A-18, you can feel the FBW system! You can't on the default airbus.

It sure is in FSX, all the parts we need are there, we just need to tweak them. And the default airbus is amazingly correct in it's fbw implementation. It's just the engines that are stupid and the throttle that is not okay. I got no idea on the F/A18, but for sure FBW works very different on that aircraft. Right now the Bus is circling Lelystad airport at 5000 feet and is perfectly stable even though the AP is off. I just put the aircraft in the correct bank angle and left the stick alone. The only thing that's happening is that the aircraft will slowly climb as fuel is burned.

I am not sure what you expect to 'feel' though. Customer expectations are always hard to predict.

• Upvote 3

Any (sensible) suggestions for a joystick? I use a Saitek yoke and throttle unit for my 737 flying, and sometimes the MS Sidewinder for other stuff. I shall need a sidestick...

Rob.

• Upvote 1

It sure is in FSX, all the parts we need are there, we just need to tweak them. And the default airbus is amazingly correct in it's fbw implementation. It's just the engines that are stupid and the throttle that is not okay. I got no idea on the F/A18, but for sure FBW works very different on that aircraft. Right now the Bus is circling Lelystad airport at 5000 feet and is perfectly stable even though the AP is off. I just put the aircraft in the correct bank angle and left the stick alone. The only thing that's happening is that the aircraft will slowly climb as fuel is burned.

I am not sure what you expect to 'feel' though. Customer expectations are always hard to predict.

Talking about customer expectations, this is nice to see (I do requirements engineering on my SW project):

http://nickmasao.fil...png?w=450&h=338

Video :

(written in german unfortunately, but picture above is the complete image)

Finn

Excellent! Finn, as far as I'm concerned that's totally good enough for a basic version. In effect it sounds like a basic implementation of managed mode which is great. Can you advise, in the climb does the aircraft maintain speed-on-pitch at 250 knots to 10000 then accelerate?

The autoflight behaviour you describe in your post addresses my earlier comments that a 'basic' simmer would struggle without suitable guidance as to when to descend.

Can't wait to try it out!

Any (sensible) suggestions for a joystick? I use a Saitek yoke and throttle unit for my 737 flying, and sometimes the MS Sidewinder for other stuff. I shall need a sidestick...

Rob.

I have the Saitek X52 and it works great after 2 years of almost daily use, others don't say the same cuz they kinda abuse it I think if it brakes after 2 weeks for them

I have the Saitek X52 and it works great after 2 years of almost daily use, others don't say the same cuz they kinda abuse it I think if it brakes after 2 weeks for them

I agree. If it aint broke dont fix it! I am intending to use my sidewinder which has served me well over many years and continues to do so.

Well, I'll probably stick to the Sidewinder, which I've had for ten years without any problems. In fact, I bought a new one last year from a market, in original wrapping, for eight GBP (£8). What we need is someone to produce a simple sidestickrolleyes.gif

Rob.

• Aerosoft

Rob.

I am totally in love with the Saitek X-65F. Very expensive but it is really the best I ever used.

I am totally in love with the Saitek X-65F. Very expensive but it is really the best I ever used.

Does it include rudder pedal function on the joystick or do you have to purchase separate pedals ? Also, I am using the Logitech G940, could I use its rudder pedals with the Saitek X65F ?

Thank you

Mathijs, any timeline on the Airbus delivery since it will not make the April date?

Btw...off topic, any news on Amsterdam Schiphol X, it's now been delayed for over 2 months since it's FS2004 release?

Thanks for any info offered, want to spend some American $$$...Darryl :lol:

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not being released in April !?!? :huh:

No, it has been delayed, because too many people were asking for a release date and so preventing the team from working :angry:

Otto

• Upvote 1

The key point here is that the Airbus will be released when it is ready. And not a moment sooner I can assure you. We are currently going through the 13th revision of the beta and if it takes another 5 or so revisions then that is what will happen. Please just understand that the purpose of a beta is to find as many issues as humanly possible and then for the developer to both evaluate them and sort them out one by one - it is not like anyone knows exactly how many issues there are - there may be another 2 tomorrow or there may be 10. In that respect it is never going to be possible to know exactly on what date the beta will be finished. The best anyone can do is estimate.

So no, an April release date is definitely NOT going to happen. At this stage I would say that mid to end May is a realistic estimate, but as always there are no guarantees.

Just be patient, the wait will be well worth it!

• Upvote 2