Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

thx for your answer but there is one point i can't do with that:

where can i get the information where i must turn my viewpoint for the view i would have in reallaty? and how much centimeters is the viewpoint going up when i go up one step?

i think it would be very difficould to get the correct point that way. but an developer who gets payed for making an tool which takes that work for you, should have no problem with that because he has time for that, because it's his work, if you understand what i mean.

but anyway thanks for your answer.

The real aircraft has three little "balls" (two white, one red) on the center post of the windscreen that are used as a reference for the pilot to set his correct viewing position when adjusting his seat. From the screen shots that I have seen, it looks like those have been faithfully reproduced in the VC so you can set your viewpoint accordingly (You can actually see very clearly what I mean in Mathijs' screen shot on the previous page).

Dave

Hi, I recently found that Aerosoft release new Airbus A320. So I was looking for details on the internet and I found this picture. It's AirbusX or not? Camera in cockpit looks more like the Airbus A340-600 or -500. But the cockpit looks exactly like yours.

screen1

54644657.png

screen2

54644656.png

I am very happy that finally comes to market hi-res product for my 30" without unnecessary features for a normal player (or beginners like me). Is a part of VC taxi camera? I can not wait to buy this product :)

PS: it looks a bit like a real, follow the fingerprints on display... (I know it's 100% graphics... But I don't know how much it's this all fake)

regards

• Upvote 1

Hi, I recently found that Aerosoft release new Airbus A320. So I was looking for details on the internet and I found this picture. It's AirbusX or not? Camera in cockpit looks more like the Airbus A340-600 or -500. But the cockpit looks exactly like yours.

screen1

screen2

I am very happy that finally comes to market hi-res product for my 30" without unnecessary features for a normal player (or beginners like me). Is a part of VC taxi camera? I can not wait to buy this product :)

PS: it looks a bit like a real, follow the fingerprints on display... (I know it's 100% graphics... But I don't know how much it's this all fake)

regards

It's a fake if you ask me. You see 4 engines on that plane in the display but only throttles for 2 engines in the VC :P But it looks pretty good!

It's a fake if you ask me. You see 4 engines on that plane in the display but only throttles for 2 engines in the VC :P But it looks pretty good!

:(

no-real? I am not happy... In fact, it seemed better than the FSX sim(no offense, it has nothing to do with Aerosoft and their work):D...

Regards :blink:

While I'm reluctant to get my hopes up, if that's a fake it's a very well done fake. The images are of a pretty high resolution and there are no immediately apparent hints of photoshopping.

EDIT: I do note that - as already stated - the aircraft on the taxi cam is an A340 though, so not sure now!

While I'm reluctant to get my hopes up, if that's a fake it's a very well done fake. The images are of a pretty high resolution and there are no immediately apparent hints of photoshopping.

EDIT: I do note that - as already stated - the aircraft on the taxi cam is an A340 though, so not sure now!

Its definitely fake, even a rookie could easily photoshop that...

thx for your answer but there is one point i can't do with that:

where can i get the information where i must turn my viewpoint for the view i would have in reallaty? and how much centimeters is the viewpoint going up when i go up one step?

i think it would be very difficould to get the correct point that way. but an developer who gets payed for making an tool which takes that work for you, should have no problem with that because he has time for that, because it's his work, if you understand what i mean.

but anyway thanks for your answer.

The viewpoint for any FSX aircraft is stored in the aircraft.cfg file which you can edit with any text editor. If you don't like the viewpoint that the developer has chosen you can change it yourself by editing the following line which I have taken from the default 747 as an example:

[Views]

eyepoint = -18.55, -2.0, 11.0 ; Longitude, Latitude and Vertical position from Reference Point, (FEET)

As you can see you can very precisely set the viewpoint. A bit of tweaking and reloading the aircraft into FSX and you should soon have the exact location you want.

ehmm, there you are wrong my friend. the ones above show you the thrust and the ones below show you something else can't remember what it is called but the engine display is just like in a A320

A320 cockpit http://www.airliners.net/photo/TAM/Airbus-A320-214/1681165/L/&sid=b14c09e72def334652b7a28e0a82e1db

http://www.airliners.net/photo/China-Eastern-Airlines/Airbus-A320-214/1676278/L/&sid=b14c09e72def334652b7a28e0a82e1db

A340 cockpit http://www.airliners.net/photo/South-African-Airways/Airbus-A340-642/0314144/L/&sid=4be3f08e5bb095224ab0793dc2b26000

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iberia/Airbus-A340-642/1206332/L/&sid=fe3d271a4940dcdb201bcc1150ca7b70

so please do some research before telling others that they are wrong and laugh at them when you self ot it wrong :P

• Upvote 1

ehmm, there you are wrong my friend. the ones above show you the thrust and the ones below show you something else can't remember what it is called but the engine display is just like in a A320

A320 cockpit http://www.airliners...2b7a28e0a82e1db

http://www.airliners...2b7a28e0a82e1db

A340 cockpit http://www.airliners...ab0793dc2b26000

http://www.airliners...01bcc1150ca7b70

so please do some research before telling others that they are wrong and laugh at them when you self ot it wrong :P

I think if instead of getting nasty, you were to actually look at the images, you would see that the display, as in the picture from the taxi camera, was of an aircraft with four engines. The cockpit and engine instruments, are from a two engined aircraft.

• Upvote 5

A320 cockpit http://www.airliners...2b7a28e0a82e1db

http://www.airliners...2b7a28e0a82e1db

A340 cockpit http://www.airliners...ab0793dc2b26000

http://www.airliners...01bcc1150ca7b70

so please do some research before telling others that they are wrong and laugh at them when you self ot it wrong tongue.gif

What he meant in the screen inside the cockpit (taxi camera) were you see the aircraft from the tail you see 4 engines on the plane but the throttle in the cockpit and engine display is for 2 engines. So honestly your cockpit pics are pointless.

Patrick

• Upvote 2

You misunderstood me, that's my mistake, I should have been more clearly. But I didn't laugh at anyone.

• Upvote 3

You misunderstood me, that's my mistake, I should have been more clearly. But I didn't laugh at anyone.

ahh ok now I see what you meant I thought you meant the engine display but not the on the camera display so I take back my words

• Aerosoft

hey,

a question about the viewpoint of the pilot:

for what size of the pilot is it made? (i hope you understand what i mean "how big is the pilot who is simulated")

and i hope he sits in the middle of the seat!!! (not like in the wilco airbus ore in the wilco emb170/190)

a tool with what you can choose your size would be great, but i think this isn't possible right?

Well it might be cool, but it would be incorrect. See the an airliner cockpit is designed with the eye point of the pilot (any pilot, small or large) in the same location. That's why the seats controls have numbers so you are sure the seat is always in the position that's right for you. In the Airbus cockpit there is an even simpler system. Three small balls (two write and one red) and you are always supposed to have one white one hidden behind the red one. If that is done your eyes are at the location the designers intended it to be. And as we done the cockpit with extreme care to sight lines you should never change the viewpoint.

seating.png

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

screen1

regards

Yes our cockpit but somebody did some photoshopping on it to get the add the tail cam in it.

• Upvote 1

Well it might be cool, but it would be incorrect. See the an airliner cockpit is designed with the eye point of the pilot (any pilot, small or large) in the same location. That's why the seats controls have numbers so you are sure the seat is always in the position that's right for you. In the Airbus cockpit there is an even simpler system. Three small balls (two write and one red) and you are always supposed to have one white one hidden behind the red one. If that is done your eyes are at the location the designers intended it to be. And as we done the cockpit with extreme care to sight lines you should never change the viewpoint.

all right, thanks for your answer. i did not know that. then such an tool isn't necessary of cause.

your airbus is looking pretty cool now. what needs to be done to the release? are it still a few systems? and what's missing for the manual? so could you please release 10-20 pages of the manual? (i think you should have much more then just 20 pages at the moment). and is the release still planed for the end of this month?

:wub: that airbus!!!

Well, ive read that this aircraft doesnt simulate a wingflex, because the pilot doesnt see the wings during the flight.

But is it possible to see the engines and part of the wing from the cockpit? To check visually if they are running normally. I even dont know if real pilots do this check, but with Free Track it would be a nice feature.

• Upvote 2

But is it possible to see the engines and part of the wing from the cockpit? To check visually if they are running normally. I even dont know if real pilots do this check, but with Free Track it would be a nice feature.

Don't they just check the engine gauges instead? If the engine is on fire surely this is would be indicated in the cockpit anyway (ie engine temp or engine fire alarm)?

In anycase the sound of screaming passengers surely will alert them of smoke or fire. :)

• Upvote 1

Don't they just check the engine gauges instead? If the engine is on fire surely this is would be indicated in the cockpit anyway (ie engine temp or engine fire alarm)?

In anycase the sound of screaming passengers surely will alert them of smoke or fire. :)

Well sometimes pilots do check the engines visually to understand what's going on... as seen on flight BA-009. They were unable to understand what was going on with engines when they flew into the volcanic ash and they checked on the engines visually to see what was going on..

Flight BA-009 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrNuY2qXWhI

I feel like this has been asked before, however i can't find it anywhere. So, when engines are running and are idle does the aircraft creep forward like some other payware models or does it stay right where it's supposed to? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Well, ive read that this aircraft doesnt simulate a wingflex, because the pilot doesnt see the wings during the flight.

i'm okay with you

I'ma glider's captain student and the first thing we tought you is:DONT LOOK YOU PANEL AND YOUR INSTRUMENTS

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this question have been answered before. What will be the interaction between the Airbus and FSUIPC ? Independent ? In the other Bus in development multiples issues have come up due to FSUIPC lack of support. Thanks

FSUIPC is not necessary for this Airbus.

Finn

• Aerosoft

I feel like this has been asked before, however i can't find it anywhere. So, when engines are running and are idle does the aircraft creep forward like some other payware models or does it stay right where it's supposed to? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Fully depends on the load. If it is fully loaded it will stay, if it is empty it will most likely start to roll. Just as it should.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

No, even if you unbuckle and lean all the way forward and to the left you will hardly see any wing structure on the real aircraft. A320 pilots can not see the engines from the cockpit in flight. We feel it is not correct to add a load of structure to the VC to allow a viewpoint that does not exist in the real aircraft. Certainly not as you can simply switch to an external view to get a far better view.

• Upvote 3