Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Dont worry if it takes a couple of more weeks than you anticipated Mathijs. Speaking for myself, I would rather wait for a plane that you are happy to release as ready than something which you feel pressurised to release because of time constraints.

+1!

• Upvote 3

Dont worry if it takes a couple of more weeks than you anticipated Mathijs. Speaking for myself, I would rather wait for a plane that you are happy to release as ready than something which you feel pressurised to release because of time constraints.

... I don't agree. We have been waiting 2 and a half years for nothing with AirSimmer and now again we got 3 month delay in the release... I'm just tired of waiting. I'd rather have a release so we can at least enjoy simply flying this bird and get a patch 3 weeks later.

• Upvote 4

... I don't agree. We have been waiting 2 and a half years for nothing with AirSimmer and now again we got 3 month delay in the release... I'm just tired of waiting. I'd rather have a release so we can at least enjoy simply flying this bird and get a patch 3 weeks later.

Since this release is aimed at the casual simmer, many of whom wouldnt have the first idea about downloading and installing patches, I dont think such a move by Aerosoft would do much for their reputation if their target customers were to receive what they would very likely consider an unfinished product.

• Upvote 6

I can wait, too, but i think think the target customer wouldn't download the product, as well.

So if some people really can't wait Aerosoft could release a download-version, 3 weeks later a patch and one more week later the box.

But a fast Release isn't important for me on this product (I just can't wait for MUC :lol:).

• Upvote 3

Since this release is aimed at the casual simmer, many of whom wouldnt have the first idea about downloading and installing patches, I dont think such a move by Aerosoft would do much for their reputation if their target customers were to receive what they would very likely consider an unfinished product.

If someone is incapable of downloading and installing a patch i doubt they'd even have FSX on their computer or any other third party software.

• Upvote 3

Will the airbus have "Tail View"

yeah, it would be nice to know what views will be included and a screenshot from them Mathijs Kok can you do that?

• Deputy Sheriffs

If someone is incapable of downloading and installing a patch i doubt they'd even have FSX on their computer or any other third party software.

Nor would they have SP2 if they bought anything but Acceleration or the Gold Edition (at least I think that's the retail fully patched version). Even Windows has patches, so it just doesn't seem to be a real issue. Just my 2 cents.

@ luvairbus ,

Instead of looking at the pretty pictures in post # 1 of this thread , you should have actually read the text underneath . To save you the hassle of having to browse back to page 1 , I have copied the text here so that you can read it , as your " question " was already answered .

The project is clearly positioned between the default Airbus and the far more complex (and more expensive) models from other development teams. Like the real Airbus usability and transparent, easy to use systems were the main focus, all packaged is some of the best modeling ever shown in an FSX addon. As it is easy on framerates and not overly complex, it is ideal for online flights where workload can be high.

• FSX only (no FS2004 version possible)
  • Very high end modeling and texturing (we think it is the most detailed airliner to date)
  • As much as possible default FSX functions so external products and hardware can use it <-------------------------- THIS COULD BE A CLUE
  • A320 and A321 models, 8 liveries (for sure Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia, Iberia etc, many more available as free downloads)
  • CFM and IAE engines (though the flight model and displays are based on the CFM)
  • Highly detailed VC with extended animations and sounds
  • Full FSX external sound set (sound cones etc)
  • Easy on FPS
  • Designed to simulate the work of the pilot, not the aircraft. So no maintenance mode, virtual cabin etc. Very focused on the left seat.
  • All systems that are highly automated in the Airbus (like hydraulic, APU, electric etc) and do not need a lot of crew actions are highly accurate without making the aircraft more complex to use for the less advanced user.
  • Full animation of all doors, cargo hatches, flight surfaces, even the engine slowly rotate in the wind (speed and direction depending on wind!)
  • External objects like chocks, traffic cones, GPSU (all compatible with AES of course)
  • Possible to save the state of EVERY system in the aircraft, not just the default systems (over 400 items saved!)
  • Fully support FSX failure, time acceleration modes and shared cockpit
  • Highly extensive, innovative lighting system (really lights up the scenery, so you can taxi in the dark) that includes runway turn-off lights etc)
  • Very advanced paint kit
  • Extended manuals with step by step guide
  • Special support forum
  • Release end of April 2010 in download, few weeks later for the box
  • Expected price around 32 Euro plus VAT when applicable.
    We are not yet giving a full list of features for the systems as we don't know all of it at this moment. But let me give out some things.
    The systems are modeled in such a way that the full experience of flying a highly automated aircraft is achievable for pilots with limited time or experience.

• PFD and ND are very realistic (most likely not with terrain display as that kills FPS like little else and no weather radar as it is never realistic)
    • Full TCAS system included
    • Engine display is very realistic (CFM engine simulated)
    • Systems display is near perfectly simulated within normal operation
    • Everything on the glareshield is solidly simulated
    • FADEC and FBW systems are better then we expected, rather good actually (so you won't be using the throttle a lot)
    • All normal Flight Control Laws are used and will prevent any out of control flight (High AOA Protection, Load Factor Limitation, Pitch Attitude Protection, High Speed Protection, Flight Augmentation (Yaw), Bank Angle Protection)
    • Engines are very realistic (apart from the nagging fuel burn issues when you fly at very low or very high cost settings, we don't care a lot actually about that)
    • GPWS is very good
    • Startup from a fully cold aircraft fully realistic
    • Fully updatable nav database (navigraph)
    • Full option to do the flight planning (airport, runway, waypoints, cruise altitude) and the option to change these things in flight
    • Radio page, Aircraft page, Selected Nav page, INS page, GPS page etc.
    • Lateral Flight planning (allowing to enter flight plan, airport, runways, waypoints, cruise alt, SIDs & STARs not used)
    • Simple Performance page
    • Simple vertical navigation

It is likely this project will be extended to a more complex version (in systems) summer 2010. The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment. This extended version will come as a simple low cost update to the main package.

John

• Upvote 3

well why don't you buy the airsimmer then???

• Upvote 4

...I'm just tired of waiting. I'd rather have a release so we can at least enjoy simply flying this bird and get a patch 3 weeks later.

Never underestimate the complexity of this addon and the varitey of problems which could occur during development.

BTW, do you also want your car back from the repair center before they finished their work completely

and say "make the rest in 3 weeks"???

Timo

• Upvote 1

Never underestimate the complexity of this addon and the varitey of problems which could occur during development.

BTW, do you also want your car back from the repair center before they finished their work completely

and say "make the rest in 3 weeks"???

Timo

.. Well I actually want it back before they issue the invoice !!! ;)

Good morning everybody,

Well it's a very beautiful project,and i will buy it. But i have a question, do you make a wing flex effect because i don't see it?

and i ask you an other question but can you do on the model rounded spoilers like that?

http://media.lonelyplanet.com/lpimg/26237/26237-1/preview.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Airways/Airbus-A319-132/1678302/&sid=be49b78c8090e9b26a5cb1629ad57deb

http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Airbus-A319-111/1669956/&sid=be49b78c8090e9b26a5cb1629ad57deb

Please please please:unsure::rolleyes:

Have a nice day

• Upvote 2

Good morning everybody,

Well it's a very beautiful project,and i will buy it. But i have a question, do you make a wing flex effect because i don't see it?

and i ask you an other question but can you do on the model rounded spoilers like that?

http://media.lonelyp...7-1/preview.jpg

http://www.airliners...a5cb1629ad57deb

http://www.airliners...a5cb1629ad57deb

Please please please:unsure::rolleyes:

Have a nice day

yeah let's delay the airbus for another month so we can have these spoilers lol

no I'm just joking.

I think the wing - flex will not be included in the model. As far as I can remember this question was answered before. Someone mentioned that the real A320 has very little visible wing flex anyway.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

That´s funny: you are demanding wingflex, but on your example-pictures it can be hardly seen....

Seriously, the wingflex in general is best noticable in the moment the lift raises on rotation.

But in this moment, no single pilot will look on his wings! ;)

And as this addon is mainly created for the pilot´s point of view, wingflex would only be a waste of fps.

Timo

• Upvote 6

Will people stop asking about wing flex ! There will be no wing flex on this plane, it has been explained ten thousand times why there will not be some !

The pilot can't see wing flex from his seat and this plane is all about the pilot

• Upvote 2

Timo look at pairbus they do an wing flex and there is no pbs

But that is NOT realistic. This has been mentioned a million times!!!> The A321 family has almost NO wingflex. Definately not enough to warrant a loss in FPS

Timo look at pairbus they do an wing flex and there is no pbs

i loved the PA airbus, but even if they would model dashing dead flies in 3D on the windshield they wouldn´t have any FPS-impact because

the PA airbus has no systems, no VC, no fly-by-wire, etc. etc.

Timo

• Upvote 1

The wing on the A321 does flex, in fact you can move it around a foot by hand, and it'll flex even more in flight. In fact, the A321 wing flexes the most out of the entire family due to the greater wing loading.

Aerosoft has choosen not to replicate the wing flex on the basis of performance, and they have not hidden the fact - and I am more than happy because overall the package looks excellent.

Now, for those touting the fact that the pilot doesn't see the wing flex as a reason it was not modelled, please think about it. If that were really the case, then what is the point of modelling any of the exterior of the aircraft? Or the Houchin? Or the chocks?

My post isn't intended to be inflammatory, honest. smile.gif

*Expecting my post to be marked negatively :|

• Upvote 14