Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Mathijs ,what data will be included in the release for take-off and landing performance?

We got several sources, from the meter of manuals here to the three Airbus pilots who assist us. It's a bit a mix between all of that. It's also not an issue we are loosing sleep over btw.

• Upvote 2

Says I gaura mohana what is that you can be made this texture please I srai you recognizing!!! Because it is the plane which I takes in the army and I shall like big the credit note!!!!!!! so with the agreement of mathijs!!!please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://flyfan.fte2.o...%2021-06-07.jpg but this repeint is for A320 not for A321!!rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest cmjA320

We got several sources, from the meter of manuals here to the three Airbus pilots who assist us. It's a bit a mix between all of that. It's also not an issue we are loosing sleep over btw.

I was just wondering whether you were going to provide a generic table or something a bit more complex with variable flap settings and runway lengths.

Says I gaura mohana what is that you can be made this texture please I srai you recognizing!!! Because it is the plane which I takes in the army and I shall like big the credit note!!!!!!! so with the agreement of mathijs!!!please  please  please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://flyfan.fte2.o...%2021-06-07.jpg

Can we continue this discussion in this topic :http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31387  ?

but anyways, that looks very easy. So maybe ill do it later on if i have time

• Upvote 1

No I do not expect any of these things to be included. Let me put it this way (without any disrespect), without having to dig into the manuals I would be stretched to explain any of the items you ask about and I am the typical customer for this product. This is REALLY intended to be somewhere between the default Airbus and the high end Airbus that Airsimmers promises and aircraft like those made by PMDG. Easy to fly, very easy in framerates but without compromising on looks, sounds and most systems.

Hi Mathijs,

I would humbly submit that the casual simmer would struggle WITHOUT some of those items, especially the top of descent indicator.

Without a projected TOD you're asking the simmer to do the calculations required to start the descent in a timely fashion. My concern would be that the target user of this product would invariably find themselves too high or too low on descent without this guidance.

In any event I intend to pick this product up because it shows great promise, all the more so if you plan to offer an extended version later in 2010. Airsimmer appear unlikely to be near release which puts Aerosoft in a position to grab a big chunk of the market share if they can offer something that is even 2/3rds of the way between the stock A321 and a PMDG-style offering. For example many people avoid failure management and could care less about things like maintanance modes or speed/altitude contraints, one could still produce an 'advanced' A320 without such features.

Just so I can clear this in my head: Are you saying that the forthcoming 'basic' A320 will have selected speed/vertical guidance only, and no managed modes?

I'm part of the ET team with airsimmer..

I have to say I can't wait for the Aerosoft version, it looks amazing and because Its gone straight to FSX - all the better!

It will be interesting to see what the advanced add-on offers later in the year . I think it's becuase of the intention to do some advanced functions is whats made me look at this properly.

Looking forward to a nice polished video of this bird (cant be too many days off surley :) )

by the way for for people looking to tweak FSX for possible performance increases, there is a fantastic thread over at AVSIM (maybe old news to some members on here)

It's by a guy called Jesus Altuve and is a very interesting read. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

I would humbly submit that the casual simmer would struggle WITHOUT some of those items, especially the top of descent indicator.

Without a projected TOD you're asking the simmer to do the calculations required to start the descent in a timely fashion. My concern would be that the target user of this product would invariably find themselves too high or too low on descent without this guidance.

In any event I intend to pick this product up because it shows great promise, all the more so if you plan to offer an extended version later in 2010. Airsimmer appear unlikely to be near release which puts Aerosoft in a position to grab a big chunk of the market share if they can offer something that is even 2/3rds of the way between the stock A321 and a PMDG-style offering. For example many people avoid failure management and could care less about things like maintanance modes or speed/altitude contraints, one could still produce an 'advanced' A320 without such features.

Just so I can clear this in my head: Are you saying that the forthcoming 'basic' A320 will have selected speed/vertical guidance only, and no managed modes?

There are some limited managed mode.

• Upvote 2

Good idea... let's make it better, I'll drop you the manual before release so we know that won;t be an issue.

Hi Mathijs. how is the manual progressing?

• Upvote 1

and an other question about the sound, even if i'm not so sure if you can answer it yet:

are the sounds always there? I'm asking because of the captainsim aircrafts. when i use them i often have no sounds.

can i be sure that i'll have always sound? when not i'm not going to buy it.

one last thing: i don't expect errors like that from an aerosoft aircraft but asking is better then trying and then having problems.

thx for the answer and i hope that the airbus is not making problems with anything and not only the sounds :blush:

and an other question about the sound, even if i'm not so sure if you can answer it yet:

are the sounds always there? I'm asking because of the captainsim aircrafts. when i use them i often have no sounds.

one last thing: i don't expect errors like that from an aerosoft aircraft but asking is better then trying and then having problems.

thx for the answer and i hope that the airbus is not making problems with anything and not only the sounds :blush:

I am sure the airbus will always have sound(unless you turn it off). Besides, if you go to the forum for the aircraft you are referring to, you can find a very simple fix for the sound issue.

-Todd

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

We have no reports of any problems in that regard. In fact it is a bit the opposite, lol. The module we use to play all the sounds that FSX does not know about (mostly in the VC) are played by sending them directly to DirectX. This is incredible efficient and means they have zero impact on framerate. The disadvantage is that they keep on playing when the sim is paused. A small issue, nobody seemed to mind that in all the aircraft that used the same sound system (Catalina, F-16 etc).

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

There are some limited managed mode.

Does anybody know what this means??

It means they are used but not in complete detail as that would extend beyond the scope we defined for this project. Exactly to what detail they will be implemented is not fully clear to use yet. They ARE hard to explain to the kind of customer we have in mind so we got to look at them very carefully. In about a week time we should know about those things and be able to explain better.

• Upvote 1

It means they are used but not in complete detail as that would extend beyond the scope we defined for this project. Exactly to what detail they will be implemented is not fully clear to use yet. They ARE hard to explain to the kind of customer we have in mind so we got to look at them very carefully. In about a week time we should know about those things and be able to explain better.

Mathijs, with the detail of systems still being investigated, a manual to put together, and more beta testing to do, it would seem a late April release is unlikely. Should we change our expectations to mid-May perhaps? By keeping our expectations current, it will prevent an onslaught of similar questions come April 30.

Curt

I am sure the airbus will always have sound(unless you turn it off). Besides, if you go to the forum for the aircraft you are referring to, you can find a very simple fix for the sound issue.

-Todd

where can i find the forum? is it on avsim ore where?

(sorry for the off-topic)

any news on the release date? ore is it still the last week of this month?

• Upvote 2

where can i find the forum? is it on avsim ore where?

(sorry for the off-topic)

any news on the release date? ore is it still the last week of this month?

Just do an internet search for "captain sim forum" and you'll come up with it. The fix is to go into your captain sim folder in the main directory, then to the 727/757/767 directory(whichever you have). Find the sound.cfg and change the value for sound_off_when_sim_is_slew from "1" to "0". That will fix your sound issues.

*sorry everyone for the off-topic, I just try to help when I can*

-Todd

• Upvote 2

Mathijs can you explain why we will be able to get such good FPS on this aircraft but get such bad FPS on an aircraft made by.. say captain sim?

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, with the detail of systems still being investigated, a manual to put together, and more beta testing to do, it would seem a late April release is unlikely. Should we change our expectations to mid-May perhaps? By keeping our expectations current, it will prevent an onslaught of similar questions come April 30.

Curt

I know and yes you might be right. It depends a lot on external factors, for example we had a load of people on sick leave the last week so I had hardly any time for this project. We'll see.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Mathijs can you explain why we will be able to get such good FPS on this aircraft but get such bad FPS on an aircraft made by.. say captain sim?

Without any negative idea about our esteemed colleagues...

We are first of all very lucky with Stefan who done the modeling and textures. He is a pro with a long history in game design (not FS) and used to be under high pressure to keep his poly count as low as possible. He is totally ruthless about optimizing.

Secondly, we don't do feature bloat. We really focus on the task of the person in the left seat, so we feel no need to do a virtual cabin and also find it easy not to do things like flexible wings. Those things look great on a feature list but mean very little to the pilot (certainly in a A320 that has very stiff wings). So by focusing we gain a lot of fps.

Thirdly, by keeping the systems relatively simple we keep the fps so high. PFD's with a lot of code behind it really eat into your resources.

Last, we got a minimum fps in certain situations. If we drop below that we got to think things over and make decisions. So it is part of the whole process.

• Upvote 3

I know and yes you might be right. It depends a lot on external factors, for example we had a load of people on sick leave the last week so I had hardly any time for this project. We'll see.

Dont worry if it takes a couple of more weeks than you anticipated Mathijs. Speaking for myself, I would rather wait for a plane that you are happy to release as ready than something which you feel pressurised to release because of time constraints.

• Upvote 5