Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

a little question about the sounds of the airbus x:

when you are taking of, can you hear the sounds of the passengers luggage in the cabin? (this rattling sound which you can always hear when you take off in the real aircraft)

i think they want to do all liverys of all airlines which are operating those aircrafts, but i'm not so sure about that.

For a while we were on course for doing paints for all A321 operators, but Mathijs asked us to stop.

As for A320 operators, there are so many...

If I'm not mistaken, the model will come with a bunch of Aerosoft paints (Lufthansa, Iberia, Niki, British Airways, Air Berlin, AirFrance, Alitalia & US Airways).

The rest will become available later, if and when we finish them.

You can check the thread on the paints to see which ones are being worked on, but they include Jamaica, Onur, Aegean, Spirit, Air Ivoire, Finnair, Iran Air, Tiger, Frontier, New Zealand, Monarch, Atlas Blue, Czech, LTU, Vietnam, Air India, Air One, Air Astana, Austrian, Austrian & Lufthansa retro, Egyptair, Aigle Azur, Air Lingus, Delta, Martinair, Amsterdam, Belleair and a lot I've forgotten....

So you won't be spoiled for choice I think?

Here's a few of mine:

FX1943.jpg

• Upvote 3

when you are taking of, can you hear the sounds of the passengers luggage in the cabin? (this rattling sound which you can always hear when you take off in the real aircraft)

are you meaning like this? ( the shaking sound at around 0:10?? I think areosoft were thinking about it but don't know if it is gonna be done with the sounds

VNAV - We are including a speed mode so not only pure v/s.

That's fine. smile.gif

However, the key feature of a simple VNAV would be to display the Top of Climb ToC and Top of Decent ToD points. The pilot needs an optical projection when he reaches the preset target flight level. wink.gif

I think it was Mash 4077 that set the tone and after a zillion episodes the world thinks that's how a Huey sounds.

There are no Hueys in M.A.S.H! Not sure what that helicopter is but its not a Huey.

Oh unless you're saying non-aviation buffs all think its a Huey.

There are no Hueys in M.A.S.H! Not sure what that helicopter is but its not a Huey.

Oh unless you're saying non-aviation buffs all think its a Huey.

The helicopter in MASH is a Bell 47 (H-13G or C, not quite sure about that) used during the Korean war. The Huey got famous/notorious during the Vietnam war

But if you tweak it do share it on the forum, I really would like to know! We have seen in the past that alternative sound sets were very popular and we encourage people to tweak the files we make.

Mathijs, thanks for your reply. I'm sure the internal sounds will be very good, I saw your recording of them from the real aircraft. It usually comes down to getting the proper balance of environment, engine and wind noise, and I agree that everyone has their own opinion of what sounds real. If I decide to doctor things up a bit, I'll pass it on.

Curt

Hi fellow Simmers,

how many times has Mathijs explained what will be possible with this exquisit piece of software. It seems that some people are to lazy to read this topic from beginning on. And what is missing will sure be included in a later update. wacko.gif

Release the pressure to Mathijs and his team. It will be our advantage to give them time to complete this project without pressure from the customer side. We will not die if we have to wait a couple of weeks longer, but therefor will be able to purchase a super aircraft.

Start of with the basic version, and then if you can handle the Airbus, upgrade to the advanced version.

That is worth waiting for!!!

Stay in your hold pattern until the Airbus lands..... wink.gif

Cheers,

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

No, I do not believe you can hear this in the cockpit. Having seen luggage in the holds I actually doubt that's what you hear. It's packed pretty tight.

• Upvote 1

As these pictures are the last set before release I have some remarks concerning some incoherences which are surprising at this stage of the development.

- Selected heading on PFD is 350, but no HDG bug shown on ND.

- 1FD2 displayed on FMA, but FD pushbutton is off on EFIS ctrl panel.

- WPT selected on EFIS ctrl panel, but none is shown on the ND with 40NM range.

Of course the usual answer will be "this is still pictures from beta version", but being so close of the release date, this

kind of "bugs" does'nt give a very good feeling about the technical maturity of the product.

I hope these pictures are from an early development stage, and if so, coul'd you show actual ones?

• Upvote 8

Of course the usual answer will be "this is still pictures from beta version", but being so close of the release date, this

kind of "bugs" does'nt give a very good feeling about the technical maturity of the product.

I hope these pictures are from an early development stage, and if so, coul'd you show actual ones?

I am going to be very blunt. These kind of comments really annoy me. And I'll tell you why; Aerosoft tries to be very open about development. Unlike other companies, Aerosoft chooses to keep you updated from an early stage on. Go to PMDG and see how many pics you get there of the new NGX.... None!

Everyone their opinion though, but to make a statement that the bugs do not give you a good feeling is completely inappropriate and makes your post totally irrelevant.

• Upvote 10

As these pictures are the last set before release I have some remarks concerning some incoherences which are surprising at this stage of the development.

They're either from an old beta, or a newer beta but with old version of the displays. So you really don't neeed to worry about any of these "issues." It's all coming together at a pretty good pace.

• Upvote 5

Ok blunt for a blunt.

You are most probably one of these "eyecandy lovers" and totally ignorant about the technical side of a simulator/aircraft. This is why you did'nt understand a single word of

my post. My post was not intended to critisize the product but a constructive remark for the developpers.

You should start, Isaiah, a blog somewhere in the web asking for a "passenger" simulator or even a "spotter" simulator and please, keep your fingers

out from the technical side of an airliner, this being obviously out from your reach!

Best regards,

Marc

This project started out as being an aircraft for the more casual simmers. Not deeply simulated systems, just a plane that looks very good, but accessible for a group of simmers that wants to get behind the computer and fly without having to go through dozens of pages. So you didn't get it.... Later Mathijs added that more complex systems will be included in a future addon. having said that, that wasn't what your post was about. You commented on pictures of a not finished plane, and - and that was what annoyed me - you added that because of that you had doubts about the end product.

As beta-tester of this product I can assure you every thing is been done to make this a good product, and there are some guys - not me - that are really working their behinds off to achieve this, that's why your remark was uncalled for.

But I conclude that the fact that you wrote " this kind of "bugs" does'nt give a very good feeling about the technical maturity of the product." shows that you have no clue about a plane being beta... Nor about the efforts of Aerosoft to include everyone in the project in an early stage.

Ok I'll be off now plane spotting.

• Upvote 5

I am going to be very blunt. These kind of comments really annoy me. And I'll tell you why; Aerosoft tries to be very open about development. Unlike other companies, Aerosoft chooses to keep you updated from an early stage on. Go to PMDG and see how many pics you get there of the new NGX.... None!

Everyone their opinion though, but to make a statement that the bugs do not give you a good feeling is completely inappropriate and makes your post totally irrelevant.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Extended manuals with step by step guide

so in the boxed version you will get the manual with inside the box printed or just on a PDF format?

• Aerosoft

This is still pictures from beta version. lol...

Sorry for a corny answer, but what did you expect? That I would tell you this is from what we intend to sell?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

so in the boxed version you will get the manual with inside the box printed or just on a PDF format?

There is no way we can make a box with the full manuals printed, that's at least 6 years ago. Not only because it just does not fit in the dvd box but also because printing costs a fortune. There will be a limited manual with further PDF files on the disk.

• Upvote 1