Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

I decided to remove all the nice (and a few not so nice) messages and bundle all questions in one post. Let's try to stay on topic now, leave the moderating to us (but do use the + and - buttons!) and stay in your holdings until we call you.

"Can I step far enough to ask for an exact release date?"

We are planning for April but closing this project turns out to be harder than expected.

"Now that these are the last of the official shots before release, can we start expecting a few videos from now on??"

Problem is that few important sound effects etc have not been done, I rather wait for those to be included.

"Will the flight detents be used and heard? So full clicks for TOGA or a few clicks to Flex Temp?"

Yes and yes.

"Mathijs will 'de-rated climb' be implemented and will we be able to program this in the FMGC after an imputed altitude?"

I doubt that for this version.

"You need to get this product in the US "Box Stores" i.e. Best Buy & Fry's Electronics before Xmas."

That should be no problem what so ever!

"The Repaints that will not be included in the original pack will they have like an installer or will it just be old fashion default FSX texture install VIA aircraft.cfg and so on."

Depends on the repainters, it's their files. But we are planning to make it as easy as possible and will offer them the option to make use of our installers.

"Will it be possible to use the Aircraft as a flight model for homecockpit builders? So to switch off the virtual cockpit and using only the model?"

Yes, I see no reason who not. In FSX the external and the VC are totally separated.

"what needs to be done until it is going to be released?"

Mostly MCDU systems, our simplified VNAV (we are not 100% sure on what this will include so don't ask) and a few other bits of coding. Sound, flight models, modeling, texturing etc is all done.

"Looks Nice.But The Systems Electric Are they Simulated With PMDG Reality?"

Why don't you just start by reading the text that is in the same post as the images, it really is rather well explained there.

"I meant to ask a long time ago - will W7 64bit be ok?"

Heck I would say it's the best OS for FSX at this moment, don't worry.

"On the pre-order page it says 39,99 € and on the first page it say 32 Euro."

That's with and without VAT.

• Upvote 8

How do i do so my sky will get fully clouded? When i set my clouds fully up it doesn't fit the whole sky like the Air Berlin picture? is this a problem with FSX?

I think they use an external weather engine like ASX or so on.

Stefan

• Upvote 1

I have bought some products from aerosoft and they have never disappointed me in sound. Otherwise you can purchase an Airbus sound for the 320/321 from turbine sound studios.

best regards

Yes I bought from Turbine Sound Studios the Boeing 737 sound (and it is great) but I wonder if the sound of Airbus is the same or even better than the one from the Turbine Sound Studios

Guest Hikmet

Very good Aircraft (Addon), I love this Airbus. I wait all time for this Aircraft . This is really the best addon for FSX

I can't wait, I'm now holding short at holding point of runway 36R LTBA and ready for Takoff. ooofff offf...rolleyes.gif

Cheers

• Aerosoft

I have bought some products from aerosoft and they have never disappointed me in sound. Otherwise you can purchase an Airbus sound for the 320/321 from turbine sound studios.

best regards

I would rather you did not as that's what we use for this product!

• Upvote 2

"what needs to be done until it is going to be released?"

Mostly MCDU systems, our simplified VNAV (we are not 100% sure on what this will include so don't ask) and a few other bits of coding. Sound, flight models, modeling, texturing etc is all done.

Hi

Just to confirm this part... What you're saying is that maybe VNAV will not be included? so maybe we will only have LNAV? :blink:

In that case, we will be descending using the V/S, like on a 747-200? :o

• Aerosoft

Hi

Just to confirm this part... What you're saying is that maybe VNAV will not be included? so maybe we will only have LNAV? :blink:

No, as explained in the first message here, we do a simplified form of Vnav for the simple reason it is the one thing that is very complex to understand for the beginner/average users for whom this product is intended. A secondary reason is that in a crowded environment it is the ATC that determines the vertical movements and the speeds, the onboard computers can know what is ideal but it actually is rare that this can be used. We are including a speed mode so not only pure v/s.

• Upvote 1

Hi

Mathjis has said before that the plane will not have real VNAV (to the best of my memory), but it would be added in the Advanced Version.

EDIT- oops... i was 4 minutes late... sorry

• Upvote 1

About the whole VNAV thing and advanced version, I think people need to understand that the advanced version will be an update of sorts to this more intermediate version as Mathijs already mentioned. Buy this bus when it comes out because I'm sure everyone will enjoy it and then when the advance update comes out buy that too so you have the best of both worlds. There are only a handful of developers I trust and Aerosoft is one of them. Mathijs has always been upfront and honest with us of plans, expected release dates, future products etc. In fact, Aerosoft is the only developer I know of that shares a great deal of information with us. If Mathijs says there will be an advanced update add-on for the bus in the future, then I trust it. Either way, this bus as is looks fantastic and while I prefer more complex add-on myself, I also enjoy being able to get up in the air quickly when time is short. I also think this really is one of the best looking aircraft to date for FSX. My credit card is standing by for both versions of the bus. I'm looking forward to the release and wish you much success with the bus.

Chad

• Upvote 7

I would rather you did not as that's what we use for this product!

TSS is capable of quality sound work, but they admit they take some liberties with sounds to make them more appealing to simmers. That usually means creating artificial sounds, exaggerating engine or wind sounds, etc...it's a step away from reality. If they do this with your project, then I'll unfortunately have to edit things to make it right. With so many videos available, it's not difficult to tell when something is accurate or not.

Curt

For those i guess who want to know what a simplified VNAV is, its pretty much you will be able to put in a Cruise Level in the FMC (whatever they call it at Airbus!) and the autopilot will climb to it and then tell you also when you should begin decent.

Or so what i think!

• Aerosoft

TSS is capable of quality sound work, but they admit they take some liberties with sounds to make them more appealing to simmers. That usually means creating artificial sounds, exaggerating engine or wind sounds, etc...it's a step away from reality. If they do this with your project, then I'll unfortunately have to edit things to make it right. With so many videos available, it's not difficult to tell when something is accurate or not.

Curt

Good point! And yes I think you are right. But we got to balance what people expect it right and what it correct and I think TSS does a good job at that. Let me explain...

• We are doing the Huey and we got some sound samples that are 100% real. But when we let our test panels hear them they do not recognize them at all as a real Huey. Thye know the Huey from dozens of movies/series and they all got that very distinct whoop-whoop-whoop sound. I think it was Mash 4077 that set the tone and after a zillion episodes the world thinks that's how a Huey sounds.
  • We done the F-16. Now I flown that one and I know that original sound in the VC was spot on. But customers hated it because it was very soft, very muted, no high frequencies what so ever. But that's how a F-16 pilot with a well fitting helmet hears it! Almost no engine noise, almost no wind noise, you can actually hear yourself breath rather easy. So we had to provide a different sound set for the VC that matched better what the customers expected.
  • We done the Discus glider and had several comments (not really complaints) that the sound was over done. Too loud. While in all aspects it is probably not strong enough. A glider at high speed, some G's makes a LOT of noise. Deafening. But customers expect gliders to be silent (heck they got no engines right!).
  • We are doing the Airbus and we done a lot of sound recordings ourselves next to the sound set we bought from TSS. We were totally blown away by the sound level of the system cooling fans. Later we found that there are other aircraft that are even louder, in some airliners you hardly hear ANY engines or wind noise at all because the internal sounds of the cockpit are louder! But still customers expect engines, wind, touch down chirps and even flaps extension sounds (while in most airliners you simply do not hear them!). So we got PTU sounds in the airbus while the crew only hears them when door is open and the cabin is quiet. Just because many people think that is a very defining sound of an Airbus (and right they are!). You also hear the seat belt chime as if the cockpit door is open because people expect to hear that.

So if you tweak sounds you tweak them to what you think is correct. Personally I do not know of any online video that gives a good balance between cockpit and external sounds because most of them are recorded on small cams and even the professional stuff almost always has horrible sounds (try to find a mic that works well in the lower air pressure of an aircraft!). Most TSS sound sets hardly have any of the cockpit sounds done in some detail while we spend a lot of time on that. But we got a mic of what people expect and what is real. It's very high end and very advanced. But if you tweak it do share it on the forum, I really would like to know! We have seen in the past that alternative sound sets were very popular and we encourage people to tweak the files we make.

• Upvote 2

Hello,

Not sure if this has been answered before or here, but can we have now an official livery list ?

Many thanks for this and for a really fine aircraft,

Alex Colka

i think they want to do all liverys of all airlines which are operating those aircrafts, but i'm not so sure about that.

• Upvote 1