Love the Simcheck A300

signmanbob

I am loving this Simcheck A300. It is one of the most enjoyable airliners to fly in my hanger.

The INS makes it easier to fly than just using VORs, but it is not so easy like if it had an FMS with a more modern autopilot that is 'set-it and forget-it'. This Simcheck A300 requires just the right amount of management to make it interesting and enjoyable to fly.

I'm just really enjoying this aircraft and wanted to tell the folks at Simcheck "Great Job!" and a very good choice in picking this old Airbus to simulate. I also appreciate Aerosoft for providing it for us too. They have a real nack for picking out just the right products to publish.

Thank you,

Bob

I am loving this Simcheck A300. It is one of the most enjoyable airliners to fly in my hanger.

The INS makes it easier to fly than just using VORs, but it is not so easy like if it had an FMS with a more modern autopilot that is 'set-it and forget-it'. This Simcheck A300 requires just the right amount of management to make it interesting and enjoyable to fly.

I'm just really enjoying this aircraft and wanted to tell the folks at Simcheck "Great Job!" and a very good choice in picking this old Airbus to simulate. I also appreciate Aerosoft for providing it for us too. They have a real nack for picking out just the right products to publish.

Thank you for the kind word Bob!

Björn

Thank you,

Bob

I'd like to come out of lurker status briefly to just echo what Bob says about this plane. I got back into flight simulation late in 2008 after a few years out of it, and consequently wasn't aware of all the add-ons that were being developed. I had not even heard of this particular one until I read on one of the flight sim websites that it had been released. A lot of the aircraft I typically fly in FSX are FMC-equipped glass cockpits, but I do have a soft spot for the old analog gauges (the Coolsky Super 80 has always been one of my favorites). The screen shots I saw caught my eye, so I ended up buying it almost immediately. I've done a lot of reading about aviation over the years, so I knew what an INS was, but had never flown anything in FSX that used it. Also, most of my knowledge regarding Airbus products centered around everything BUT the A300, so I did some research on the actual plane after purchasing this add-on (I like to buy airplanes that are unique or with which I'm unfamiliar, and researching the real airplane is a large part of the enjoyment I get with such purchases). I've flown quite a few flights with it over the last several weeks, quite a few cross-country, and have had no issues whatsoever. It hand-flies beautifully, and has quickly become one of my favorites. There were only a few very minor issues I noticed with the release version, but they were corrected almost immediately. My sincere thanks to the development team for producing a fantastic virtual representation of a unique aircraft. I think you've produced one of the best FSX add-ons I've purchased.

Bart

• 2 weeks later...

+1, you gentlemen have done a fine job here.

I must confess I did get caught out quite badly on my maiden flight. I was heading into LSZH and had tuned KLO VOR for the TOD calcs and the approach itself. With the aircraft in the cruise I went and made some dinner, came back and saw that I was near TOD. So, I commenced the descent and was overhead KLO right on the money, went outbound, at 16 NM I turned right to pick up the inbound radial, broke through the cloud base and there was no airport in sight!

After a little investigation I realised that one of my enroute waypoints was a VOR with the same frequency as KLO, I had descended early and carried out a procedure off the wrong navaid! Having been stripped of my fancy nav display I was taking far too much for granted and for the first time since I started 'seriously' simming, I got caught short, VERY short. What a humbling experience. Still, I can't wait to redo the flight and get it correct. :-)

• Upvote 1

+1, you gentlemen have done a fine job here.

I must confess I did get caught out quite badly on my maiden flight. I was heading into LSZH and had tuned KLO VOR for the TOD calcs and the approach itself. With the aircraft in the cruise I went and made some dinner, came back and saw that I was near TOD. So, I commenced the descent and was overhead KLO right on the money, went outbound, at 16 NM I turned right to pick up the inbound radial, broke through the cloud base and there was no airport in sight!

After a little investigation I realised that one of my enroute waypoints was a VOR with the same frequency as KLO, I had descended early and carried out a procedure off the wrong navaid! Having been stripped of my fancy nav display I was taking far too much for granted and for the first time since I started 'seriously' simming, I got caught short, VERY short. What a humbling experience. Still, I can't wait to redo the flight and get it correct. :-)

Thanks for sharing that with us. Believe it or not but similar things have happened in real life, unfortunately with more serious consequences! Situational awareness is a big challenge in a GPS/ND-less world !

Björn

• 2 months later...