Suggestion: Gardermoen X

LarsJohansen

Oslo Airport Gardermoen is located 47 km north of Oslo and is Norway's main airport.

The airport is Scandinavia's second busiest airport and 19.3 million traveled trough the airport.

Gardermoen offers 139 destinations and the large passenger growth ensures that many new routes will come. There are also plans for an expansion of the terminal and a third runway. Right at the terminal is Radisson SAS hotel located and when you land on 01R you fly over the highway and the railway. SAS has a technical hall at one runway and north of the airport is a military area. the control tower at the airport is the second highest in Europe, measuring 91 meters. At the airport there is a train station and a large parking garage. in the area around it is a major industrial area.

The airport has 34 gates and can handle 52 aircraft at the most.

These are just some reasons why Oslo airport can be a good idea for Aerosoft.:)

And sorry my bad english. Google translate:rolleyes:

True that, true that.

But Kastrup/Copenhagen would be best to make first, as it got more traffic and is the main hub for SAS :)

But true that Gardermoen would be good :)

Well i think Gardermoen would be a great choice. Great environment and a big lovely airport. This is for sure a airport Aerosoft will get money from. As you all have seen Værnes X made by Jo Erlend Sund is selling great. And i think Gardermoen X would do so too :)

Well i think Gardermoen would be a great choice. Great environment and a big lovely airport. This is for sure a airport Aerosoft will get money from. As you all have seen Værnes X made by Jo Erlend Sund is selling great. And i think Gardermoen X would do so too :)

Oh well, in that case, you should check out Airports of Norway 2.91 as well as the new 20cm Gardermoen photoscenery available at flightsim.no. I made that stuff, with a little help from my friends. Take a peek, this photoscenery cost me 2800 NKR and it is worth it. It's sharp from zero feet and all the way up.

But that project is growing over my head, and I have not time to make it perfect. So go ahead and pass me. Because I have wanted Gardermoen with tons of extra details since Fly II (made Gardermoen for that sim too!).

Bottom line:

My Gardermoen scenery is FAST. So I challenge you to make it at least as fast as I have done, if you ever start on it that is :)

Oh well, in that case, you should check out Airports of Norway 2.91 as well as the new 20cm Gardermoen photoscenery available at flightsim.no. I made that stuff, with a little help from my friends. Take a peek, this photoscenery cost me 2800 NKR and it is worth it. It's sharp from zero feet and all the way up.

But that project is growing over my head, and I have not time to make it perfect. So go ahead and pass me. Because I have wanted Gardermoen with tons of extra details since Fly II (made Gardermoen for that sim too!).

Bottom line:

My Gardermoen scenery is FAST. So I challenge you to make it at least as fast as I have done, if you ever start on it that is :)

i like that idea too. it would be a great connection to the vaernes scenery which is kind of remote from other european airports. whenever i try to fly to it, it seems like a pretty long ride to nowhere.

Yes, it was too bad not having a Gardermoen for FSX, and that is why I put all the effort into it. The airport is also very good-looking, with all the wood both on inside and outside. And from top-down, it looks like an oasis. It is inviting you to fly there!

And it would make the missing connection to Værnes. Plus seventeen custom-made airports are in my AoN package, so there are much more than default only in Norway as of today. There are also a couple of airports from NA to choose from. Plus a very nice, upcoming photoscenery for Tromsø ENTC. I am currently working on a gmax terminal for that one. Slow going, but in progress :)

Good idea! I'm sure that Gardermoen X would be a great hit and make Norway to a even more popular country for the flightsimmers, both online and oflline. It has a modern, smart and goodlooking layout, with lot of interesting weather conditions - icy winters, sometimes very challenging visibility and winds, and comfortable summers. It's the hart of both the domestic, international and intercontinental flights in Norway and has a definitely growing future.

I really hope this will become a reality! :)

Even

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line:

Yes, you have done an extremely good job, that I think all of us appreciate!

I don't know what rights you got when you bought the air photos of Gardermoen, but maybe your job could be a start of this Mega Airport project?

Cooperation is the keyword :)

Yes, you have done an extremely good job, that I think all of us appreciate!

I don't know what rights you got when you bought the air photos of Gardermoen, but maybe your job could be a start of this Mega Airport project?

Cooperation is the keyword :)

I purchased the rights to upload my final work to two servers, that's all. If any are to take over, they have to pay at least the same amount of money as I did; maybe even more, as I think payware and freeware might be two different worlds. Me, I am not going back to oldish FS9 tools in order to make better ground marking and such, waste of time. I am happy with Gardermoen as is.

And I hope people would stop shouting about FS9. Who needs a "simulator" that "flies" an object along a vector. FSX is way better. All in all the MSFS series is a lie anyway...every "plane" is a tweaked Cessna. I hope MSFS dies and somebody else start making a decent sim. This is also the reason I don't put too much effort into MSFS in the future. Holding back, waiting...

• 4 weeks later...

OOOH YEAH! Jo Erlend does it again!

Gardermoen Scenery for FS9 and FSX is on the way, he hasnt said anything about if its Aerosoft.

Copyright pictures Jo Erlend Sund. (He posted it on a Norwegian Forum)

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

gp_01.jpg

gp_02.jpg

All pictures by Jo Erlend Sund.

Jo Erlend, if you have anything against me posting this here, tell and I'll remove.

• 4 months later...