Having a problem with Nv4 disp & textures in fsx

stereomatic

Hey i'm asking you to help me out in a problem that really bothers me a lot , once I'm in the game and playing sometimes the game crash and goes out giving me an window saying "your display has stopped working normally" under the file named "nv4" i know it's nvidia file or something I've also update it to the most recent one from their website and nothing help still having this problem also problems with my texture : sometimes my land and clouds become other objects and if i press Esc and comes back to the game it fix it self and then after some time comes back

any solution for this problem that will give me the opportunity to play and enjoy for long time other then few minutes and then restart the game ?

looking forward for solution

P.s

I'm using FSX under windows xp sp3 eng.

Hey i'm asking you to help me out in a problem that really bothers me a lot , once I'm in the game and playing sometimes the game crash and goes out giving me an window saying "your display has stopped working normally" under the file named "nv4" i know it's nvidia file or something I've also update it to the most recent one from their website and nothing help still having this problem also problems with my texture : sometimes my land and clouds become other objects and if i press Esc and comes back to the game it fix it self and then after some time comes back

any solution for this problem that will give me the opportunity to play and enjoy for long time other then few minutes and then restart the game ?

looking forward for solution

P.s

I'm using FSX under windows xp sp3 eng.

Straight from the horses mouth: Note that some also suggest updating new drivers in safe mode and/or also running a registry cleaner (like ccleaner) after deleting old drivers and before installing new ones. This might help if there are traces of old drivers on your system. You might also take the chance to update to the latest version of DirectX if you have not already.

Driver files should always be uninstalled before updating to newer drivers or when removing an older NVIDIA card and replacing it with a newer card. To uninstall your current NVIDIA Display Drivers from your system, follow these steps:

1) Go into your Control Panel

2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon

3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.

4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.

5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Note: A prompt appears asking whether you want to delete all of the saved

nView profiles.

If you click Yes, all of the nView software and all of your saved

profiles will be deleted.

If you click No, the nView software is removed, but the profile files

are saved in the Windows\nView directory on your hard disk. If you take advantage of the nView profiles, you may wish to keep your custom nView profiles.

Once the driver files have uninstalled, Windows will request that you restart your computer to complete the uninstallation.

Straight from the horses mouth: Note that some also suggest updating new drivers in safe mode and/or also running a registry cleaner (like ccleaner) after deleting old drivers and before installing new ones

Note that this is not CCleaner but DriverSweeper.

Here is the full procedure for correctly removing and re-installing Forceware.

1. Download and install Driver Sweeper from the above link.

2. Download the very lastest WHQL Forceware from Guru3D.com and save them to your desktop.

3. Go to Install/Uninstall Programs and uninstall Nvidia Display Drivers.

4. Reboot and use (usually F8) to boot into safe mode.

5. Run DriverSweeper and tell it to clean Nvidia Display Drivers (it should find anywhere from 3 to approx. 12 files).

6. Reboot normally into Windows and cancel out of any attempts by Windows to auto install drivers.

7. Double click on the Forceware on your desktop to install Forceware.

8. Set up nHancer if required.

Note that this is not CCleaner but DriverSweeper.

Here is the full procedure for correctly removing and re-installing Forceware.

1. Download and install Driver Sweeper from the above link.

2. Download the very lastest WHQL Forceware from Guru3D.com and save them to your desktop.

3. Go to Install/Uninstall Programs and uninstall Nvidia Display Drivers.

4. Reboot and use (usually F8) to boot into safe mode.

5. Run DriverSweeper and tell it to clean Nvidia Display Drivers (it should find anywhere from 3 to approx. 12 files).

6. Reboot normally into Windows and cancel out of any attempts by Windows to auto install drivers.

7. Double click on the Forceware on your desktop to install Forceware.

8. Set up nHancer if required.

I like DriverSweeper too, but tend to use Ccleaner because there are few systems (especially XP!) that could not benefit from a thorough registry clean. Plus the other tools for cleaning the cache, uninstalling software, secure delete etc. They are both great tools to have around!

Ccleaner along with many other useful Free apps can be found here http://www.filehippo.com/

Before getting involved in all that malarkey, simply open FSX .cfg and check you don't have multiple entries for the Display.Device... section. There should be only one, but changing the drivers often creates a second, third or even fourth entry and this causes the crash described.

If you have multiple entries delete ALL of them (the header and the lines beneath) and reboot FSX. This will allow you to reset the basic preferences for resolution, filtering and AA, but without having to re-set all the other myriad FSX settings.

It is a good idea to delete the section every single time you change drivers, as FSX can have a difficult time recognising new drivers without this step.