Rotterdam X Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

This is just a minor thing but it would be nice to have the 3D structures that close to the runway.

Yes, those would be nice to have as custom 3D objects indeed. I'll keep them in mind in case there is an update coming. They actually have been removed as autogen but FSX eliminates autogen buildings that close to a runway approach automatically. Of course I won't mind some photos from the ground if anyone can make them.

Bests,

Sascha

I also don't like the fact that cars are 'painted' on the textures of the highways. I know it is a photo. I fly a lot of VFR and like the moving cars in FSX.

Just wanted to note that Rotterdam actually adds AI car traffic to the larger roads around the airport. If you already use UTX that adds traffic to smaller roads by default, you may not have noticed this.

Bests,

Sascha

Just wanted to note that Rotterdam actually adds AI car traffic to the larger roads around the airport. If you already use UTX that adds traffic to smaller roads by default, you may not have noticed this.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for your reply. I use AI traffic and UTX. But in UTX I had the choice between the road textures with 'painted' traffic on it and not. Default is with. You already guessed I use the road textures without it. I would be more happy if I could do the same in the EHRD package. I only want to see moving traffic on the roads.

Kind regards,

Arjen,

The Netherlands

• 3 months later...

Very nice scenery! I am just playing with it a bit and I really like the area except for one problem:

Off in the distance (afew miles away) is a refinery complex. When Rotterdam is active in the scenery, the complex buildings and tanks all disappear, leaving a huge, empty space. Disable Rotterdam and boom! The refinery returns. I have disabled all MytrafficX afcads for the area, and also disabled Eham.

The only cause seems to be Rotterdam? Any ideas?

Very nice scenery! I am just playing with it a bit and I really like the area except for one problem:

Off in the distance (afew miles away) is a refinery complex. When Rotterdam is active in the scenery, the complex buildings and tanks all disappear, leaving a huge, empty space. Disable Rotterdam and boom! The refinery returns. I have disabled all MytrafficX afcads for the area, and also disabled Eham.

The only cause seems to be Rotterdam? Any ideas?

Please have a look at the manual. The creater of this scenery decided to add an exlude that would remove all the autogen objects in the Rotterdam harbor area, since these highly impact the framerate. See the following quote from the manual FAQ:

"Q: Without Rotterdam there where many, many containers, cranes and tanks in the harbour area. Now all of them are gone. Why?

A: Those default objects have an unlimited visibility, meaning MS programmed them in a way that makes them VERY hard on frames. With a complex airport scenery next to a city performance is very important. Additionally to that users of “Ultimate Terrain Europe” may have experienced that this scenery adds so-called “landclasses” with uncountable generic containers in the harbour area that make this area almost not flyable on slower systems.

That’s the reason why we have excluded those objects. If you prefer to get them back or just want to see if your system can deal with it, just deactivate the following file (be renaming its extension from BGL to OFF for example):

FSX\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports – Rotterdam\Scenery\EHRD_DefaultExcludes.BGL"

Please have a look at the manual. The creater of this scenery decided to add an exlude that would remove all the autogen objects in the Rotterdam harbor area, since these highly impact the framerate. See the following quote from the manual FAQ:

"Q: Without Rotterdam there where many, many containers, cranes and tanks in the harbour area. Now all of them are gone. Why?

A: Those default objects have an unlimited visibility, meaning MS programmed them in a way that makes them VERY hard on frames. With a complex airport scenery next to a city performance is very important. Additionally to that users of "Ultimate Terrain Europe" may have experienced that this scenery adds so-called "landclasses" with uncountable generic containers in the harbour area that make this area almost not flyable on slower systems.

That's the reason why we have excluded those objects. If you prefer to get them back or just want to see if your system can deal with it, just deactivate the following file (be renaming its extension from BGL to OFF for example):

FSX\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports – Rotterdam\Scenery\EHRD_DefaultExcludes.BGL"

Thank you. It never occurred to me that it might be deliberate!

Relabeling that BGL as passive solved the issue and I can't detect even the slightest frame-rate hit!

Thanks again!

Thank you. It never occurred to me that it might be deliberate!

Relabeling that BGL as passive solved the issue and I can't detect even the slightest frame-rate hit!

Thanks again!

No problem! It is odd though that you don't see any influence on your framerate! For me it was a huge difference, although we both have rather similar setups (I have i7 920 @ 3.82 GHz, GTX285)! Do you have UTX Europe installed? Maybe that's the difference, because I do have that add-on installed!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I find this scenery very beautiful, great work:.

I see one of the pilots must be a twin, his twin brother is sitting on the left side of my Twin Otter.:D

item.jpg?rot=1

And I saw LimeSim advertisement, I wonder if there is LimeSim advertisement in EHLE.

item.jpg?rot=1

There is only one Item which I don't get right. I see UFO's I mean the lights are not always on the right place. Some times I can see these lights double or triple (and I did not drink).

Do others have seen these lights also or is there something not right with my settings or is this FSX related?

Here a few screenshots;

item.jpg?rot=1

item.jpg?rot=1

item.jpg?rot=1

With Kind regards,

Laurens

There is only one Item which I don't get right. I see UFO's I mean the lights are not always on the right place. Some times I can see these lights double or triple (and I did not dink).

When light effects are attached to an object that is below sea level, FSX sometimes has problems to show them at the correct height. This usually shouldn't happen on initial load of the scenery. Did you fly in from further away?

On the other hand those effects should be switched off at day but due to a FSX bug it's not done when you switch daytimes in the same session.

Bests,

Sascha

Shaun and Sascha,

Tanks for your quick reply.

I did start my flight at EHRD in daylight, because I was looking at a repaint of the standard A321 in V-Bird livery (I'm working on this paint) I did not start with the standard Cessna. I never do that if I only need to look at a repaint, but as I looked at different angels I saw these strange lights. I had never seen scenery problems before as I didn't start with the standard Cessna. For the screenshots I changed the plane to my V-Bird Twotter because the paint of the A321 was not finished yet.

So I just did a quick test to see if it was there again after I started with the standard Cessna, And it works fine, I didn't find any light which were misplaced. Of course I also tested the switch between daylight and night, and I saw also only good lights (well they were all out).

Thanks for your help, your suggestions started me to think of what else it could be.

With Kind regards,

Laurens

• 10 months later...

Is it me or ar the nighttextures for the taxiways very blurry? They look much more different then other airport taxiways...

Please attach some screenshots of what your seeing with co-ordinates showing so we can compare what we have.