Rotterdam X Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

yes the A/C is a add on, but that should result in sinking luggage cars into the tarmac... Besides that, the sunken wheels are shining through everything, including buildings and standard A/C. Anyone has the same little problem?

cheerio

Jan

Jan, search the AVSIM or FlightSim library for: FSX Bagcart Fix. It's a little FSX glitch, that seemingly survived two SP's :lol:

best, Gerrit

Congrats on the EHRD scenery, i like it a lot! Purchased Sunday morning, and at 12 o'clock ready installed... Dinggg Donggg :lol:

One question or request i still have. Will there be a update for the DX10 compatibility. I have other airports (Aerosoft's also) which don't have this bleeding tarmac problem in DX10. Not the biggest problem btw, i can very well accept it the way it is (just minor flickering). I would rather bring the ground/apron at night to your attention, which (together with the lights on the poles) doesn't appear in DX10 preview.

Regards, Gerrit

• Aerosoft

Congrats on the EHRD scenery, i like it a lot! Purchased Sunday morning, and at 12 o'clock ready installed... Dinggg Donggg :lol:

One question or request i still have. Will there be a update for the DX10 compatibility. I have other airports (Aerosoft's also) which don't have this bleeding tarmac problem in DX10. Not the biggest problem btw, i can very well accept it the way it is (just minor flickering). I would rather bring the ground/apron at night to your attention, which (together with the lights on the poles) doesn't appear in DX10 preview.

Regards, Gerrit

Sorry Gerrit, not possible. DX10 is not able to display the high resolution used. Making a complete version with lower resolution textures just for DX10 seems to be counterproductive.

Little side note: If you fly by the church east of the airport you'll hear a "Ding Dong" between 12:00 and 13:00 local time. :)

Bests,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...

I've solved the ILS frequency-issue.

EHRD ILS is now 110.90 and I deleted the EHVB ILS, so now it's an orphan Localizer (glide slopes can be deleted).

I did this with Airport Design Editor 9x.

So for people who don't use EHVB and want use the real frequencies for EHRD, then this is the perfect solution.

Otherwise, you can use the default files

You can download the modified here (with a README):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MJKLL98D

I hope it's okay with the copyrights and stuff…happy.gif

EDIT: Corrected the download link

Little side note: If you fly by the church east of the airport you'll hear a "Ding Dong" between 12:00 and 13:00 local time. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Question Sascha does the scenery interact with simconnect ?

I hope it's okay with the copyrights and stuff…happy.gif

I didn't check it, but as long as you only use my edited AF2 file an no other files from my scnery it's ok.

Thanks a lot! :)

Hi there!

There seems to be some warehouse autogen buildings missing on short final to runway 24.

This is just a minor thing but it would be nice to have the 3D structures that close to the runway.

Best regards Mikael.

post-24869-127257290461_thumb.jpg

I think so too: are you perhaps using the popular freeware AFCAD for EHAM by Jim Vile (downloaded from AVSIM)? My taxisigns and service vehicles were all over the place since this AFCAD for EHAM also includes one for EHRD (and also other Dutch airports). Using Airport Design Editor you can delete the EHRD part in this AFCAD so that it won't interfere with the Rotterdam X scenery.

I also use the Jim Vile AFCAD. Now I had the same problem, I want to keep the EHAM part an want to delete the EHRD part in ADE. Unfortunatly i'm not ver familiar with this program. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thx already

I've solved the ILS frequency-issue.

EHRD ILS is now 110.90 and I deleted the EHVB ILS, so now it's an orphan Localizer (glide slopes can be deleted).

I did this with Airport Design Editor 9x.

So for people who don't use EHVB and want use the real frequencies for EHRD, then this is the perfect solution.

Otherwise, you can use the default files

You can download the modified here (with a README):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MJKLL98D

I hope it's okay with the copyrights and stuffÂ…happy.gif

EDIT: Corrected the download link

Hi 737freak,

I have downloaded the files and the ILS in the FSX Map is now showing 110.90 but I am not able to receive it via the radios.

Any ideas?

Cheers Jan

Hi,

First I would like to say, an very great scenery!!

But I am having trouble about AI-planes.

I am using the program from World of AI for add AI-planes to my scenery. This always works good.

But in my scenery from Rotterdam, I don't see any AI-planes.

I am also using FSC8, and this shows me, I am having AI-planes on the ramp.

I add an screenshot, with FSC8 and FSX on my both sreens.

post-31129-127314257218_thumb.jpg

On the left, the shot from FSC8 and on the right, the shot on the ramp from Rotterdam.

Can you help me with the problem?

Many regards,

John de Winter

• Aerosoft

Hi,

First I would like to say, an very great scenery!!

But I am having trouble about AI-planes.

I am using the program from World of AI for add AI-planes to my scenery. This always works good.

But in my scenery from Rotterdam, I don't see any AI-planes.

I am also using FSC8, and this shows me, I am having AI-planes on the ramp.

I add an screenshot, with FSC8 and FSX on my both sreens.

post-31129-127314257218_thumb.jpg

On the left, the shot from FSC8 and on the right, the shot on the ramp from Rotterdam.

Can you help me with the problem?

Many regards,

John de Winter

There is nothing in a scenery that can 'hide' AI Traffic as far as we know. So we are almost 100% sure the problem is caused by the AI aircraft that are not fully FSX compatible. Try disabling Aircraft Shadow and see if that helps.

Yesterday I bought the Rotterdam X scenery and I have very mixed feelings about it. It looks fine but I am not happy with some of the decisions that were made. For instance the fact that it is not compatible with the DX10 preview modus. Yes, the texture for the taxiways are great, but now I have to switch DirectX10 preview off. While most of the time FSX gives higher frame rates with DX10 preview checked. I can understand the decision, but I am not happy with it. I tried to use the scenery with DX10 preview checked but in that case the PAPI lights are not visible. The same is true for the choice for a non real ILS frequency. I can understand the choice but I am not happy about it. I also don't like the fact that cars are 'painted' on the textures of the highways. I know it is a photo. I fly a lot of VFR and like the moving cars in FSX. It brings life to the scenery and adds to the feeling you are actually flying. But now it looks strange. The same is true for the containers and cranes in the harbour area. I can understand the decision but I am not happy with it. I know I can restore things as described in the manual.

I don't write this because I want to write bad about a product. I have a good life and don't need to vent my frustrations by writing bad about flightsim products. But I just want to let you know I am not happy about the product and I am considering to deinstall it. Things would be a lot better if the product was delivered with a tool that would give me the possiblility to make my own choices.

With kind regards,

Arjen

The Netherlands

Hello Arjen,

As the name suggests its only a preview mode and was of things to come.

The main primary DirectX mode for FSX is DX9 and as long as scenery and aircraft comply to this mode alone then there is no fault with the product.

I dont care much for the DX10 Preview Mode as its just so buggy and airports have flickering issues on taxiways and runways.

Therefore we have a disagreeing opinion, so what may be fine to some is not for others, but because its not made to suit the DX10 Preview Mode in no way reflects the quality of a product.

Hello Arjen,

As the name suggests its only a preview mode and was of things to come.

The main primary DirectX mode for FSX is DX9 and as long as scenery and aircraft comply to this mode alone then there is no fault with the product.

I dont care much for the DX10 Preview Mode as its just so buggy and airports have flickering issues on taxiways and runways.

Therefore we have a disagreeing opinion, so what may be fine to some is not for others, but because its not made to suit the DX10 Preview Mode in no way reflects the quality of a product.

Hi Shaun,

I agree with you Shaun, that there is no fault with the product. I just wanted to let you know that I am not happy with some of the decisions that were made with this product. That's all I wanted to let you know. Just feedback from a client.

With kind regards,

Arjen

The Netherlands