Rotterdam X Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

Sorry, maybe a bit off-topic but is this scenery also coming out for FS2004?

Otherwise I have to upgrade to FSX, and all my paid sceneries for FS2004 would be lost.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

hello Shaun,

great scenery, but... I can't get the traffic to work, like Innsbruck and I get unexpected collisions when parked on the apron. I don't know if the luggage-car is included in the Aerosoft-scenery ( I have all the airport-traffic switched off) but the wheels are half sunk in the tarmac. besides that, wheels shine through the aircraft...

wheels.jpg

but what a great scenery!!! my compliments

cheerio

Jan from Holland

• Aerosoft

Sorry, maybe a bit off-topic but is this scenery also coming out for FS2004?

Otherwise I have to upgrade to FSX, and all my paid sceneries for FS2004 would be lost.

Cheers.

Sorry, this is totally impossible for FS2004. just too much detail, it would simply not compile (or we would have to loose so much detail it would not nearly be the same scenery).

• Aerosoft

hello Shaun,

great scenery, but... I can't get the traffic to work, like Innsbruck and I get unexpected collisions when parked on the apron. I don't know if the luggage-car is included in the Aerosoft-scenery ( I have all the airport-traffic switched off) but the wheels are half sunk in the tarmac. besides that, wheels shine through the aircraft...

but what a great scenery!!! my compliments

cheerio

Jan from Holland

Jan almost sure you got some other scenery covering the same area that conflicts.

Jan almost sure you got some other scenery covering the same area that conflicts.

I think so too: are you perhaps using the popular freeware AFCAD for EHAM by Jim Vile (downloaded from AVSIM)? My taxisigns and service vehicles were all over the place since this AFCAD for EHAM also includes one for EHRD (and also other Dutch airports). Using Airport Design Editor you can delete the EHRD part in this AFCAD so that it won't interfere with the Rotterdam X scenery.

I think so too: are you perhaps using the popular freeware AFCAD for EHAM by Jim Vile (downloaded from AVSIM)? My taxisigns and service vehicles were all over the place since this AFCAD for EHAM also includes one for EHRD (and also other Dutch airports). Using Airport Design Editor you can delete the EHRD part in this AFCAD so that it won't interfere with the Rotterdam X scenery.

No such thing in FSX, FS9 is loaded with add ons, yes, but FSX has only EHRD, Lelystad, Sion and Innsbruck as add on... that is what is baffeling me.

cheerio

Jan

sorry, forgot to add the picture of the sunken wheels. here you go, I hope it makes things more clear :) Just to make clear once again, I don't have any (Dutch) freeware on FSX. :)

cheerio

Jan

sunkenluggagecar.jpg

ILS frequency is 111.9 - should be 110.9 MHz according to charts from AIP Netherlands.

See the FAQ in the manual for this!

Oops! blush.gif

I wonder what's the real ILS frequency at EHVB then, an if it's possible to fix it using AFCADs for Rotterdam and Valkenburg?

This problem can be solved by modifying the EHVB (Valkenburg Navy - closed now) afcad. Change the ILS frequency to 0 or something and save the afcad into the addon scenery/scenery. Then you can use EHRD ILS at 110.9 without any problems (at least this works with FS9, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with FSX).

update for below message: after I changed all graphic related settings (recomended settings in the manual for Rotterdam X) in FSX, and restarted FSX. the problem was solved.

Hi there,

A very nice add-on for FSX ! thanks !

I discovered one strange problem with the 'Flight one ATR72-500' plane,

while in the rotterdam X area, between a altitude of +/- 300 feet till 1400 feet, the view outsite the virtual cockpit is gone, only a blue screen...!

i tested all other aircrafts i have; no problem. to be clear, this is only in the Rotterdam X area, i fly already for many hours with this plane, never had problems with the view.

I tested sone settings for the Flight One ATR72, like in the manager, set everything to default, or other colors, low res settings, nothing helps.

who else have this with the Flight One ATR72 ?

cheers,

Erwin.

Holland.

Great scenery! I've been recording lots of VFR traffic, lot of fun. The only thing is, you included the hangar of Vliegclub Rotterdam, but not the actual club building, where we do planning and drink coffee etc. Right now you put trees there. Otherwise, great!

Great scenery! I've been recording lots of VFR traffic, lot of fun. The only thing is, you included the hangar of Vliegclub Rotterdam, but not the actual club building, where we do planning and drink coffee etc. Right now you put trees there. Otherwise, great!

That's right. Someone with access to the airport took a really, really good set of photos that made this scenery possible. Unfortunately the club house was the only part left out in those photos, although I don't think it's very obvious due the fact that it's mostly hidden behind trees and bushes. If someone (you?) ever happens to be able to take good photos from all sides of that building, it would be certainly possible to consider it for an update. :)

Bests,

Sascha

update for below message: after I changed all graphic related settings (recomended settings in the manual for Rotterdam X) in FSX, and restarted FSX. the problem was solved.

Thanks for letting us know you solved it. I guess this is was something memory (RAM?) related. A scenery can't cause a blue screen for all I know, but the ATR is a rather demanding aircraft and together with Rotterdam you used so much memory that I assume your system "stumbled" over some defect part of RAM. Only a guess but that would explain it.

Bests,

Sascha

Oops! :blush:

I wonder what's the real ILS frequency at EHVB then, an if it's possible to fix it using AFCADs for Rotterdam and Valkenburg?

Yes, that idea was mentioned by some beta testers as well, but I don't want to change the ILS frequency of another airport than the one in this package. The reason is simple:

There are several addons replacing and/or editing AFCAD files like MyTraffic, Netherlands 2000 and so on... If I change the frequency of one other airport (Valkenburg in this case) to something else, I could cause problems with those other addons. That's the reason why it was decided to give Rotterdam a fictional (but similar) frequency and I think that's the best we could do to make everyone happy.

Bests,

Sascha

sorry, forgot to add the picture of the sunken wheels. here you go, I hope it makes things more clear :) Just to make clear once again, I don't have any (Dutch) freeware on FSX. :)

You're right. People who are using the EHAM AFCAD freeware, also have duplicated taxisigns in Rotterdam, which you don't.

As a developer I don't have any influence on the ground vehicles placed around gates and ramps by FSX, I don't even have an option to exclude them, which I would prefer because they don't look realistic in Rotterdam. That's why we suggest on the manual to deactivate apron service vehicles and use AES instead.

Why those wheels are sunken, I really have no idea but can guess: FSX happens to be really strange sometimes when is comes to airports that are below sea level. For example the taxilight effects had to be programmed in a very special way to avoid them being displayed at 0 MSL (and thus hovering about 3ft above ground in Rotterdam).

Bests,

Sascha

hi guys

i just want to know if aes support is expected for rotterdam x...?

juste read te complete english manual and i didn't saw that information...

Regards

I have problems with the trees:

Hi Michael,

I can't confirm that. No matter if in DX9 or DX10 mode: The transparent areas of the tree textures are displayed correctly, which leads me to the conclusion that you have an issue with your video card driver. A newer version might help here (but due to the odds of video drivers sometimes the only thing that works is a specific older version... very complicated...)

Anyway: This isn't your only issue. You also seem to have an AFCAD file that conflicts with Rotterdam because your taxilines and runway markers are displayed twice. In most cases this is caused by a freeware AFCAD file for Amsterdam that also covers Rotterdam.

Bests,

Sascha

post-233-127081504371_thumb.jpg

Sascha, I got it:

Some time ago I installed compressed default tree textures into the FSX texture directory. I think that the Rotterdam installer takes the trees from there and puts it into the Rotterdam texture directory. Now that I put back the default trees in both directories (!), all looks fine.

As regards the double runway markers, you are absolutely right: I have indeed changed the default FSX EHRD AFCAD and forgotten to remove this file. Thank you.

Michael

Some time ago I installed compressed default tree textures into the FSX texture directory. I think that the Rotterdam installer takes the trees from there and puts it into the Rotterdam texture directory. Now that I put back the default trees in both directories (!), all looks fine.

As regards the double runway markers, you are absolutely right: I have indeed changed the default FSX EHRD AFCAD and forgotten to remove this file. Thank you.

Good to see both issues solved. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Hi you all :)

since my last post I did a complete reinstall of FSX with all the updates, did update my Nvidia-drivers up to the latest and did only install Rotterdam to exclude every possibility that a add on scenery could conflict with Rotterdam. with following result:

stillsinking.jpg

yes the A/C is a add on, but that should result in sinking luggage cars into the tarmac... Besides that, the sunken wheels are shining through everything, including buildings and standard A/C. Anyone has the same little problem?

cheerio

Jan