Start up error

When i install CBS and all updates including the new add on, i can run and play the game now ok..

But when i shut down the game, then come back to play it, I get an error on startup saying "Cant set allocation"

What is this? everythings up to date, game, directx, Q'time, graphic's drivers, the lot!

hope i can get help with this.

P.S: also is it just me or is everyones add on in german? i mean the text and the passingers are english, but the voice with the txt is german, hmm?

Hello Vaulcan,

Let me take a look at that.

thanks, its only happining when i install the add on i see. so i just un-install the add on and revert it to standard game.

I'm having the same problem.

Started the game in 1.3 and it worked fine, downloaded 1.4 with the Demo maps and object library, that allso worked great. But then after installing Regiobus Usedom and runnig it 1 time and then trying to run it again i get that annoying error saying: ''Cannot set allocations'' After pressing ''OK'' a new window pops up saying: ''This application has failed to start because WorldEditor.dll could not be found. This problem may be corrected by reinstalling the program.'' I have tried it but it doesn't work.

Allso the file: ''WorldEditor.dll'' is found under ''Program Files (x86)\TML-Studios\City Bus Simulator 2010 - New York\Plugins\Tools'' so i don't understand why it can't be found?

I'm runnig Vista 64.

I have tried to run the program as ADMIN and with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) none of these methods works for me.

I hope you can help me out, really wanna get to play this simulator ^^ (with Usedom working of course ;) )

PS: I'm actually installing Windows 7 on my computer later today, so lets see if thats solves the problem? (yea i'm not much of a vista fan...)

Hello Folks,

I'll inform the tech guys about this.

OK

Here's what you have to do..

Theres a problem that the dev guys cant get there heads round yet, so heres what needs to be done for now.

Install the game, apply ALL updates up to 1.3

Install the new add-on (making it 1.4)

DONT RUN GAME AFTER INSTALL !

Go to: c:\Program Files\TML-Studios\City Bus Simulator 2010 - New York\Data\Engine

Copy the flie: variables

paste it somewere safe

NOW, go play the game, when your done just shut down, but before you play it again take a copy of the variables file and put it back in the engine folder (copy and replace)

EACH TIME YOU WANA PLAY THE GAME PUT A COPY OF THIS FILE BACK INTO THE ENGINE FOLDER!

Its poo i know but thats the best they have right now if you wana play the new add-on.

• 4 weeks later...

OK

Here's what you have to do..

Theres a problem that the dev guys cant get there heads round yet, so heres what needs to be done for now.

Install the game, apply ALL updates up to 1.3

Install the new add-on (making it 1.4)

DONT RUN GAME AFTER INSTALL !

Go to: c:\Program Files\TML-Studios\City Bus Simulator 2010 - New York\Data\Engine

Copy the flie: variables

paste it somewere safe

NOW, go play the game, when your done just shut down, but before you play it again take a copy of the variables file and put it back in the engine folder (copy and replace)

EACH TIME YOU WANA PLAY THE GAME PUT A COPY OF THIS FILE BACK INTO THE ENGINE FOLDER!

Its poo i know but thats the best they have right now if you wana play the new add-on.

I was able to solve this by disabling AA within the game...

-Paul

• 1 month later...

Tried this and it did not work. Everything is up to date. Here are my specs.

Intel Core i7 940 Processor (4x 2.93GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

12 GB(2 GB X6) DDR3-1800

2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 - 1.2GB - SLI MODE

Windows 7 Professional

Again all drivers are up to date. I have the latest Directx drivers. I have tried everything that I can think of, with no luck! I'm getting frustrated since I paid money for something that doesn't work. Any help would be great.

• 3 months later...

I have this problem, but it exists only going from 1.30 to 1.41 (both downloads from the Aerosoft site via my profile). I have the exact same error messages about allocation and "can't find WorldEditor.dll"

I did get the challenge to re-register and I did, but it hasn't worked since.

• 1 month later...